No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These things are hard to predict. But I think we will be very, very close to Duke and Oklahoma State. If we don't pass them.

Comment

Marcus Smart was battling some kind of stomach virus. Between that fact and the fact that this was a rematch of two top 25 teams (with OSU winning the first one going away), I don't see the Cowboys being penalized too much for the loss.

We should be in front of Duke no question, but who knows with that name on their jerseys. I think that we should also be in front of KU, maybe as much for how bad they looked against a UTEP team that was destroyed by Iowa as for the loss to Villanova, but I doubt it will happen. KU is still getting a bunch of credit for beating Duke in spite of the fact that it isn't looking like a particularly outstanding win according to the objective metrics.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I'm just happy we are still undefeated and looking to be in the top 10. Its a great time to be a shocker fan.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          We had two good wins this week. OSU and KU both lost this week, but I just don't see either of them falling out of the top ten. I also don't think we have enough to jump anyone who didn't lose this week. I predict 11.

Edit: and duke right? Still think 11
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

KU was probably looking at a #20 to 25 preseason ranking before they landed Wiggins. Now that Wiggins hasn't proved to be the superman everyone thought he would be--he is human, after all--their hype might have been just a bit overblown.

Nothing against Wiggins at all. But the expectations of what he was going to do were just a bit much.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              Marcus Smart was battling some kind of stomach virus. Between that fact and the fact that this was a rematch of two top 25 teams (with OSU winning the first one going away), I don't see the Cowboys being penalized too much for the loss.

We should be in front of Duke no question, but who knows with that name on their jerseys. I think that we should also be in front of KU, maybe as much for how bad they looked against a UTEP team that was destroyed by Iowa as for the loss to Villanova, but I doubt it will happen. KU is still getting a bunch of credit for beating Duke in spite of the fact that it isn't looking like a particularly outstanding win according to the objective metrics.
              Don't you guys know that Duke has turned into a football school, playing Florida State for the ACC championship? Basketball is long forgotten.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                KU was probably looking at a #20 to 25 preseason ranking before they landed Wiggins. Now that Wiggins hasn't proved to be the superman everyone thought he would be--he is human, after all--their hype might have been just a bit overblown.

Nothing against Wiggins at all. But the expectations of what he was going to do were just a bit much.
                Wiggins is a heck of a player for KU. It takes time for any freshman to learn a new system. Like Ellis last year, once Wiggins starts reacting rather than thinking so much you'll see his performance take a step up.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Shox at 9--- possibly 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Wiggins is a heck of a player for KU. It takes time for any freshman to learn a new system. Like Ellis last year, once Wiggins starts reacting rather than thinking so much you'll see his performance take a step up.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Shox at 9--- possibly 8.
                  I agree. I'm not dogging him or KU at all. I'm just saying that reality has set in and KU has some growing to do.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 7m
                    Then you'd have zero teams in your top 20 RT @rockchalktommy: I'm a ku fan & wouldn't have them in top 20 until they win 2 legit road games

Try again, Seth.
                    Last edited by AndShock; December 1, 2013, 11:25 PM. Reason: I can't ever figure out copy & paste.

Comment

Seth Davis@SethDavisHoops 28m 1. Mich St 2. Kentucky 3. Ariz 4. Syr 5. OhSt 6. Kan 7. Duke 8. Lou 9. Wich St 10. Fla 11. OkSt 12. Memphis 13. Wisc 14. UConn 15. Iowa St
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Nova might jump us.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                          Nova might jump us.
                          Unranked to top 10 is unlikely.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Unlikely yes, but they should be top 10. Unfortunately, that's not how the polls work. I suspect they'll come in around 16-18.

Comment

As long as no idiot goes out and makes a damn TShirt this time

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                                As long as no idiot goes out and makes a damn TShirt this time
                                I don't think the T-shirt was the problem. (unless the girl was wearing one and that is what caused the attraction, if you know what I mean). :numbness:
                                Last edited by shox1989; December 2, 2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X