WSU verus Western Kentucky predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Interesting. I wonder how effective the full court press will be this year with the new rules. The initial trap will still be effective, but once the pass is made the defense is in a particularly bad way this year. Once that pass is made the defenders have to delay, and that's particularly challenging now. I'm guessing the new rules will cause coaches to back off of the full court press pretty quickly, with their defenders hand cuffed. I hadn't really thought of that 'til now.
    Perhaps you will just see more and more nuisance presses designed to use up a chunk of the shot clock before a team can settle into its half-court offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      93 tickets left on Stub Hub.
      That number has dropped to 51 in a matter of hours. That 51 number includes 6 top row tickets that currently have an asking price of $125 each. Interesting price point.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        That number has dropped to 51 in a matter of hours. That 51 number includes 6 top row tickets that currently have an asking price of $125 each. Interesting price point.
        Down to 47 now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Yes we also press from time-to-time. It'll be interesting if that tactic ends up going dormant now that the real season is underway.
          If this is a consequence of the new rules I really hate it. The Shockers use a press very effectively at key moments, sometimes helping to fuel a late comeback. But beyond self-interestedly wanting what is best for the Shockers pressing makes for really fun basketball, whether it causes a turnover or when a team effectively beats it leading to an easy opportunity.
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• I like it when teams press us. Fred and Ron will have no issues. Please do press us....
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopsfan View Post
              Who will be watching at midnite? Would be funny if not so sad. Damn, Wichita is a provincial little town. Starting time is 10 pm on the West Coast. Population of California? 38 million. Basketball junkies and the usual ESPN watchers will tune in at that early hour because a Final Four team is involved. Especially the high school players who want to go Division 1. Population of Washington? 7 million. Population of Arizona? 6.5 million. Oregon? 4 million. Utah, Nevada, and New Mexico? 8 million.
              Hawaiian primetime, though.

Jackpot! Its not like there is anything else to do there...
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rojogrande View Post
                You know I have thought the same thing. Teams like Louisville who press hard or VCU with their HAVOC defense may have their hands tied a little more this season. I know a lot of coaches are already up in arms over the new rule. WKU has been working in practice on trying to play defense with their hands behind their head to try to avoid hand checking as much as possible. Let us hope tonight's game is more about the players and less about the refs blowing their whistle.
                if it's more about the players, i would expect van vleet to have, say, three steals in this game, at least. despite what you may have heard, maybe even here on this board, he is VERY quick handed.. maybe not sugar ray leonard quick handed, but definitely well above average. we'll see what your point guard can do around him.. that could be interesting. we shall see. i expect a tough one.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  I like it when teams press us. Fred and Ron will have no issues. Please do press us....
                  I don't remember who said it. It might have been someone who called in to the pregame show before the Emporia State game, but they said if the hand check rule had been in effect last year, we wouldn't have lost to Louisville.

Comment

• Well crap. I just found butterfly collars are out of style. What's next my parachute pants?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WKU is breaking out new uni's for the game tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                        I like it when teams press us. Fred and Ron will have no issues. Please do press us....
                        'can't like this post enough. breaking louisville down, until the end, was masterly. not satisfied, at all..

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                          Down to 47 now...
                          25 Stub Hub tickets left now. Down from 47 just forty five minutes ago...

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                            25 Stub Hub tickets left now. Down from 47 just forty five minutes ago...
                            And now 16 tickets...demand for this game is HIGH. Really hope all the non-attendees managed to get rid of their tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              WKU is breaking out new uni's for the game tonight.

https://twitter.com/WKUBasketball/st...321920/photo/1
                              Are those unis tear-absorbent? :cry:
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm pretty pumped for this one. With that said, I must get in about an hour power nap. Ta-ta for now..
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X