No announcement yet.

WSU verus Western Kentucky predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there won't be any classes to contend with...

Comment

Who will be watching at midnite? Would be funny if not so sad. Damn, Wichita is a provincial little town. Starting time is 10 pm on the West Coast. Population of California? 38 million. Basketball junkies and the usual ESPN watchers will tune in at that early hour because a Final Four team is involved. Especially the high school players who want to go Division 1. Population of Washington? 7 million. Population of Arizona? 6.5 million. Oregon? 4 million. Utah, Nevada, and New Mexico? 8 million.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsfan View Post
        Who will be watching at midnite? Would be funny if not so sad. Damn, Wichita is a provincial little town. Starting time is 10 pm on the West Coast. Population of California? 38 million. Basketball junkies and the usual ESPN watchers will tune in at that early hour because a Final Four team is involved. Especially the high school players who want to go Division 1. Population of Washington? 7 million. Population of Arizona? 6.5 million. Oregon? 4 million. Utah, Nevada, and New Mexico? 8 million.
        ??

Comment

I'll take "US Census" for 500, Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Solid user name :)
            Thanks. I expect to have emotional issues for many years to come
            Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I might have some extras at the LAST minute. If anyone is brave enough, and flexible enough to go for free at, literally, the midnight hour, send me a message and I'll let you know if and when it happens.
              Will someone be lucky enough to sit by the Crazy Hair Lady! lol

Comment

Yep, there sure are a lot of eyeballs watching sports out on the west coast. I mean just look at the TV ratings for PAC12 events.

Weekday 10PM is bordering on late for anyone with a real career or a family. If the end time of a basketball game that starts at 10PM local on a weekday is not considered fairly late, then you are either: A.) a college student, or B.) a loser.

Comment

According to the ticket office, doors open at 10:30 for those lucky enough to walk into a 25KT north wind. Here are some game notes from their website: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0131110aaa.pdf

I think we press them to get off to a quick start and keep the crowd into it. I expect a great atmosphere and HCGM will want to make a statement on national TV, albeit late at night. Foot on the pedal!

Shox 81
                  Grimace 61

McDonalds-characters-3.jpg

Comment

For what it's worth, I live in Las Vegas and wake up at 4:45 AM. There is no way I will miss this game, and by the way, there are a lot of new Shocker fans in this area since the Final Four run, not to mention me talking them up at every given opportunity! My father has been ill lately but will be there cheering in person after missing the opener. He's excited and I'm excited for him. Go Shockers!!

Comment

Have my kids and have to wake up early and take them to school and register for classes...

Cant attend but Ill be up and yelling at the TV for the good guys...

Comment

Greetings Shocker fans. I am a fan of WKU and have been reading over this thread. I wanted to bring to light a couple of misleading things regarding the previous two seasons rankings that I have seen posted.

2 seasons ago WKU replaced their coach Ken McDonald mid-season. He had inherited a sweet 16 team and ran it into the ground. Next to Matt Kilcullen this was probably the worst coach the Hilltoppers have ever had. McDonald was replaced by assistant coach who was made interim coach for he remainder of the season. For those of you who aren't familiar with Ray Harper. He has an .831 winning percentage (363-76) across all divisions. Harper has coached in 9 national title games and has won 4 national championships (2 in NAIA and 2 in DII). Simply put the man just wins. He took over a WKU in rebuild mode as interim coach and after a little more then a month was given the reigns full time. WKU then proceeded to rattle off win after win in route to a conference tournament championship and NCAA appearance beating Mississippi Valley St in the opening round before falling by 15 to eventual national champion UK in the 2nd round.

Last season the WKU roster was severely depleted with injuries. 7 players missed game action last season and several played through nagging injuries. In spite of that WKU's roster got healthier at the right time towards the end of the season and once again won the Sun Belt tournament championship and made the NCAA tournament.

Until this season Coach Harper has not been able to institute his offensive and defensive full court tempo game because of lack of depth. This is no longer an issue. I am simply stating that if you judge this WKU team based off of numbers from the last two seasons then you may be setting yourselves up for disappointment if the game is close.

Having said all of that I have no idea what to expect as far as the outcome of the game. You guys have a very talented team and I expect that you will probably come out with the victory. However, do not expect a run away game by any means. I will be shocked (no pun intended) if it is a run away game.

Any questions you all have about the Tops feel free to ask. I will try and answer to the best of my ability.

Best of luck tonight
                        Last edited by Rojogrande; November 11, 2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                          Shox 81
                          Grimace 61

[ATTACH=CONFIG]981[/ATTACH]
                          Grimace! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                            Thanks. I expect to have emotional issues for many years to come
                            You could have picked worse. I didn't know there was a KCShox when I picked my name.
                            I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Just go out back and use a tree.

Comment

Potty Talk

Are you considered to have "made it" if you're on a "This is Sportscenter" commercial?

Because one of those is SCREAMING to have Wu on board.

Comment

Working...
                                X