No announcement yet.

WSU verus Western Kentucky predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict that in 12 hours I will tune my TV in Omaha to ESPN2 and hope that the byu vs Stanford game is not running behind schedule so that I can watch my Shockers play on TV and beat the hilltoppers. I will be tired and tomorrow I will probably grumpy at work but it will be worth it just to see another win by the team in black and yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
      I predict that in 12 hours I will tune my TV in Omaha to ESPN2 and hope that the byu vs Stanford game is not running behind schedule so that I can watch my Shockers play on TV and beat the hilltoppers. I will be tired and tomorrow I will probably grumpy at work but it will be worth it just to see another win by the team in black and yellow.
      I have a bad feeling that the first 10 minutes of our game is going to have to be watched on ESPN3.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
        I have a bad feeling that the first 10 minutes of our game is going to have to be watched on ESPN3.
        I'm thinking the same thing. Better get my iPad charged up.

Comment

Play angry had it right yesterday. WKUs power rankings were comparable to bottom level MVC teams the past few years

Kenpom had them at 183 overall last season, with an offensive efficiency rating of 186 and defensive of 179. SIUs rating was 171, by comparison, while MoSt was the valleys worst at 200.

WKU was no better the previous year with a rating of 189.

This is not VCU coming into town

I look forward to a spanking on natl tv
          Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

ESPN article about the game:

Pregame analysis and predictions of the Wichita State Shockers vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers NCAAM game to be played on November 12, 2013 on ESPN.

Comment

I'm always nervous on game day. I'm particularly nervous because the last time we had a nice celebration before the tip it didn't end well. Except EU maybe helped us play angry.

I think we come out a little too hyped-up, trail early, but HCGM settles the troops down around the 10:00 minute mark and we are up a little at halftime and roll in the second half. 70-59.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

93 tickets left on Stub Hub. I picked up 3 decent tickets at $15.00 each a little earlier so my grandson and a couple of his friends could attend. I have actually been surprised by the interest in this game. My boss has 8 season tickets. For the Emporia State game 7 of those were available which I was able to find users for. I figured all 8 would be available for the WKU game. Not so fast, my friend. Only 1 was available which I grabbed for myself.

As someone else said, should be an enthusiastic crowd regardless of how many show up. I think the attendance will be decent although I expect a few holes in the Coporate Seating areas.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                  Play angry had it right yesterday. WKUs power rankings were comparable to bottom level MVC teams the past few years

Kenpom had them at 183 overall last season, with an offensive efficiency rating of 186 and defensive of 179. SIUs rating was 171, by comparison, while MoSt was the valleys worst at 200.

WKU was no better the previous year with a rating of 189.

This is not VCU coming into town

I look forward to a spanking on natl tv
                  Solid user name :)

Comment

I sure hope they want a fast paced game. I look forward to that.

Comment

I might have some extras at the LAST minute. If anyone is brave enough, and flexible enough to go for free at, literally, the midnight hour, send me a message and I'll let you know if and when it happens.

Comment

We have front court questions and lack of depth in the backcourt. This, our ego being stroked by ESPN and perhaps they are a legend in their own mind will be obstacles early. However, i expect a 23 point margin of victory for the good guys, but if we let WKU hang around for the first ten minutes, it will be a squeaker.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I sure hope they want a fast paced game. I look forward to that.
                          Agreed.

In fact, I hope every opponent wants to push the pace against us. It's no exaggeration that this might be our finest lineup ever at the ballhandling spots (1-4)- we might drop a couple low-scoring grinders this year, but it's doubtful anyone will beat us in a shootout. BYU and Tennessee are the only ones who have the horses to keep up in that kind of game.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            We have front court questions and lack of depth in the backcourt. This, our ego being stroked by ESPN and perhaps they are a legend in their own mind will be obstacles early. However, i expect a 23 point margin of victory for the good guys, but if we let WKU hang around for the first ten minutes, it will be a squeaker.
                            Western Kentucky? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              lol

Comment

What is the parking situation for games like? I will be attending and need to know what lot to head to.

Comment

Working...
                                X