WSU verus Western Kentucky predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU verus Western Kentucky predictions and pregame discussions

Here's the deal-eee-oo. This will be a tough win, but win we must do. They may be Hilltoppers but 21st and Hillside has had a Shocker Mountain. Price and Fant were their top 2 scorers who do return this Season and this opponent has Danced the last 2 Seasons. A hill may be hard to get up but the black and yellow pill they must swallow will be harder to get down. We will be burning the midnight oil as ESPN2 provides the gleaming lights, the cameras, and our beloved Shocks will provide the winning action in a close one. Look for Cle, FVV, and Baker to lead us and Wiggy, Carter, and Wessel to spark us with high-octane energy and production off the bench. Aunt Gertrude used to say "nothing good happens out thar after Midnight." In this case, a win will be just what we need to jump start a thrilling Season.

2013-14 winner of the Valley of Death--68

2013-2014 winner of the Sun Belt------61
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Shocks 75

Hilltoppers 68

Comment

I have no doubt this will be a tough game. Expect scores in the 70s. Single digit win for the SHOX.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

WSU 81,
        Western Kentucky 60

Comment

mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=468&f=3574&t=12273653

toppatime.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/ray-harper-and-caden-dickerson-talk-wichita-state/

www.hilltopperhaven.com/board/index.php/topic,1736.0.html?PHPSESSID=g6vo6nai4naic34lq51i75 fks1

wku.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1570005&PT=4&PR=2

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Last edited by ripemupshocks; November 9, 2013, 07:55 PM.
          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I expect a blowout.

Comment

So far, there are 3 wins by single digits and 2 blowouts predicted. I think the blowout is possible, maybe probable, if WKU's starting PG does not play. He hasn't practiced all week. That said, this team has a good number of returnees that played KU close in the NCAA and is picked to win the Sun.

The single digit/7point win predictions don't set to well either. If you think that, that makes St. Louis (road), Tennessee, Alabama (road), Tulsa (road), BYU/Texas (neutral), maybe even DePaul (neutral), UNI and IN St (home/away) all toss ups or losses as all these teams are better, to much better, or if equally good, those games would be on the road/neutral.

Splitting the difference of these 2 prediction groups is probably closer to expectations.

:wsu_posters::yahoo::wsu_posters:

Comment

WKU won't be a powerhouse team by any means. However, WKU will probably be the Sunbelt conference Champion at the end of the year and will go to the NCAA Tournament. They will be a quality conference Champion from a middle conference with a league RPI rank of about 15. They will be physically and mentally tough. George Fant is a 6'6" 240lb. inside player who'll be tough to stop and will get his points. They also have a couple of other quality returning players from last years NCAA team.

If we play well, we will win going away by 15-20 points. However, if we don't shoot it well, the noose will tighten as the game moves along and may not be pretty. I think that we'll win by 15-20 points, but......

Comment

80-64. Hilltoppers toppled.
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Time to put on a clinic in front of a nation of people watching basketball at midnight:

WKU 58
                    WSU 79

I have a feeling we're gonna see a pumped up crowd for this one. I know I can't wait!
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

77-66 Shockers

Comment

WU 78 WK 65
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Don't think it will be a complete blowout. I think it will stay somewhat close for a little while.

WSU - 87
                          WKU - 72
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

My only prediction is I will need a series of naps from now till 11:59 PM Monday night. I'm not as handsome as some of y'all...I need beauty sleep...and to be fed and watered 3 times a day. GO SHOX!!!

Comment

I hope I am really really low in my prediction of victory.

Comment

Working...
                              X