WSU verus Western Kentucky predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I hope I am really really low in my prediction of victory.
    WKU is not a team that will be easy to beat. I will stand corrected in advance if proven wrong.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

WSU is pushing hard to fill seats for Monday’s late game. Fans will get free energy drinks when they enter Koch Arena. WSU officials would like fans who can’t make the game to give their tickets away so ESPN2′s cameras won’t linger on empty seats.
      Next up: vs. Western Kentucky, 11:59 p.m. Monday (ESPN2)

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/#storylink=cpy

Some of these promotions are really fun and original. I am enjoying the creativity!
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Shockers--80
        Toppers--69

Comment

75-70 WSU

Comment

You guys realize that Western Kentucky's RPIs during their back to back NCAA tournament appearances the last 2 seasons have been 171 and 149, right?

They are a decent low-major team. We are built to steamroll those kind of teams this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              We are built to steamroll those kind of teams this year.
              "Let it be written, so let it be done."
              Quoter: Moses

Fixed.
              Last edited by SHOXAAC; November 10, 2013, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                "Let it be written, so let it be done."
                Quoter: Mosses
                no

Comment

I think this game will be close, especially if we don't get better play from the center position. Colby's foul problems in the Emporia State game worried me.

And although I will never call Lufile 'Lucile' any more, I'm still a little nervous seeing him play so much.

I'm going to say 76-70.

I'm also going to say we could win by more if we get better play from coleby and Lufile continues to surprise.

Comment

We are 15 point favorites and I think that is being generous (to them), their starting pg is hurt and they are starting a walk on who I believe is a true freshman and they didn't have an extra tune-up game like we did. I think we should beat them by quite a bit if we are as good as we think we are.

Comment

Where last Season, we were plagued with injuries, this Season, I believe each team will face whistles 'square in the face' which means quality depth will be of essence. It also means the exciting flow of the game and runs will at times be curbed by whistles that results in free-throw shooting. We did shoot throws yesterday quite well and we kept our fouling to a mild roar. I liked that approach and any time you can bring players like Wiggy, Carter, and Wessel off the bench, this is an epic plus.

Shocks be aware of teams that can penetrate and draw fouls and also shoot the lights out at the line. Last Season, we could shoot less than 40% from the field and still win lots of game with our tenacious D. Last game, we made the needed adjustments to win big. W. Kentucky will be a stringent test but beating our beloved Shocks at 21st and Hillside is like pulling hens teeth.

Last but not least, our great showing last Season is paying dividends in ESPN type coverage on the tube which can beget growing our Program to greater heights as key potential future recruits get a "birds eye view" of this new and improved process that is evolving forward.
                      Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 10, 2013, 02:41 PM.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Time to put on a clinic in front of a nation of people watching basketball at midnight:

WKU 58
                        WSU 79

I have a feeling we're gonna see a pumped up crowd for this one. I know I can't wait!
                        And while I hope there aren't any empty seats, even if there are this will be a very electric crowd. I mean if you attend a game a midnight you DEFINITELY want to be there pretty badly. 9,000 electric fans jazzed up just to be at the game beats 10,500 fans that are just there to kill time and are more casual fans. Not trying to be critical of the "normal" crowd, but you get my point on the type of crowd we will have for this game. I guarantee that even if it's not full, it's going to SOUND like its over capacity!

Comment

Should be a good tv audience at midnight. Nothing else on except exercise informercials.

Comment

WSU: 76
                            WKU: 62

Wish I could be there. Will be on the west coast for a 9:59pm tip off on ESPN2 which isn't too bad.
                            Sell it out Wichita!!!

Go Shox!

Comment

WKU message boards:

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=468&f=3574 this one is the free all sport scout forum, but they do have some talk about the game
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Good writeup. Don't take Hilltoppers lightly....
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X