Any news on Wamukota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post
    Having a high-quality, experienced big man for Fred and Ron's senior seasons appears to be a pipe dream. Very unfortunate.
    Not saying that they were "high-quality, experienced" before the season, but really, what were the expectations before last season? We had nobody to replace Carl Hall. Woe is us.

Here are the per/40 stats for Lufile/Coleby

2012 - 2013 2013-2014
    Lufile Coleby Lufile Coleby
    REB 8.9 0 12 8.6
    PF 3.8 0 3.4 6.7
    PTS 7.9 0 14.1 8.1
    AST 1.5 0 0.5 0.5
    TO 2.1 0 2.7 1.9
    BLK 1.4 0 1.9 3.9
    STL 0.9 0 0.7 0.3
    Here are Nurger, Bush W and Morris

2014 - 2015
    Nurger Bush W Morris
    REB 5.3 10 8.2
    PF 5.5 7.2 8.6
    PTS 10.4 7.4 14.9
    AST 0.8 0.2 1.1
    TO 1.5 1.5 2.7
    BLK 1.7 1.1 2.5
    STL 0.6 0.4 0.9
    Clean up the foul problem and I'd say there's quite a bit to hope for!
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      Would it be possible for Rauno to redshirt next year? I haven't heard that mentioned, but it's an option, he really needs to do it, and it would reduce the number over by one.

Sounds like a good plan for all!
      Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Redshirting would not reduce the number.
      And, if he did RS, I'm not sure he'd still be here turning 25 at the beginning of that senior season.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Not saying that they were "high-quality, experienced" before the season, but really, what were the expectations before last season? We had nobody to replace Carl Hall. Woe is us.

2012 - 2013 2013-2014
        REB 8.9 0 12 8.6
        PF 3.8 0 3.4 6.7
        PTS 7.9 0 14.1 8.1
        AST 1.5 0 0.5 0.5
        TO 2.1 0 2.7 1.9
        BLK 1.4 0 1.9 3.9
        STL 0.9 0 0.7 0.3

2014 - 2015
        Nurger Bush W Morris
        REB 5.3 10 8.2
        PF 5.5 7.2 8.6
        PTS 10.4 7.4 14.9
        AST 0.8 0.2 1.1
        TO 1.5 1.5 2.7
        BLK 1.7 1.1 2.5
        STL 0.6 0.4 0.9
        Maybe Coleby shouldn't be listed as a comparison due to setting out as a transfer RS. His junior year at Louisiana-Lafayette: Kadeem started 30 games as a junior, averaging 9.5 points and 4.9 rebounds... His 9.5 points per game were tied for second on the team… Made 56.1 percent of his shots and 50 percent of his free throws… He led the Sun Belt Conference in shooting percentage and ranked second in blocks at 2.4 a game… Had 73 blocks in 31 games… Scored double-figures 15 times, including a career-high 20 against Central Florida.

On the other hand, his first year of JUCO ball coming out of prep school would make a good point: As a freshman at Odessa, he averaged 1.7 points and 2.7 rebounds in limited time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Maybe Coleby shouldn't be listed as a comparison due to setting out as a transfer RS. His junior year at Louisiana-Lafayette: Kadeem started 30 games as a junior, averaging 9.5 points and 4.9 rebounds... His 9.5 points per game were tied for second on the team… Made 56.1 percent of his shots and 50 percent of his free throws… He led the Sun Belt Conference in shooting percentage and ranked second in blocks at 2.4 a game… Had 73 blocks in 31 games… Scored double-figures 15 times, including a career-high 20 against Central Florida.

On the other hand, his first year of JUCO ball coming out of prep school would make a good point: As a freshman at Odessa, he averaged 1.7 points and 2.7 rebounds in limited time.
          Good point. I remember Coach and the players saying we'd all be pleasantly surprised by Kadeem, but we had seen nothing by our own eyeball. Compared to now when we have been hearing Coach talk up Bush W in particular.

To help the development of these guys, particularly in regard to fouling, perhaps the SN "refs" could volunteer to officiate the pickup games, because we know that in practice, anything goes.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Good point. I remember Coach and the players saying we'd all be pleasantly surprised by Kadeem, but we had seen nothing by our own eyeball. Compared to now when we have been hearing Coach talk up Bush W in particular.

To help the development of these guys, particularly in regard to fouling, perhaps the SN "refs" could volunteer to officiate the pickup games, because we know that in practice, anything goes.
            Of course, this is BWam's thread and he is a former JUCO going from his junior to senior season. However, Coleby's "background" of being a prep player with a pretty much washed-out freshman JUCO season to becoming a solid big man may give us more hope for Nurger's future as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              One year ago we had heard nothing but good things about Nurger.

If we were a Valley team hoping to end up in tne top half of the league, it might be OK to expect first-year players to be significant contributors. That's not where we're at.

If we were regularly recruiting top-20 or maybe top-50 recruits, we might expect production from them the first year for a top-10 (nationally) team. We're not recruiting those guys. We have to rely on experience and team chemistry to remain where.
              I think we can find a Coleby type out there who is a good rebounder and shot blocker who takes up space. Offense comes out of rebounding and dunking too. While there are not a lot of recruits that fit in this category, and we may not be able to talk them into coming, I think our staff is looking.

Comment

• Hey look. There actually is some news on Wamukota: http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/...ament/32016720

Comment

2012 - 2013 2013-2014
                  REB 8.9 0 12 8.6
                  PF 3.8 0 3.4 6.7
                  PTS 7.9 0 14.1 8.1
                  AST 1.5 0 0.5 0.5
                  TO 2.1 0 2.7 1.9
                  BLK 1.4 0 1.9 3.9
                  STL 0.9 0 0.7 0.3

2014 - 2015
                  Nurger Bush W Morris
                  REB 5.3 10 8.2
                  PF 5.5 7.2 8.6
                  PTS 10.4 7.4 14.9
                  AST 0.8 0.2 1.1
                  TO 1.5 1.5 2.7
                  BLK 1.7 1.1 2.5
                  STL 0.6 0.4 0.9
                  I agree with that assessment. I remember when Carr and Levingston were going into their sophomore years and one of the big magazines (maybe Street and Smith's, I don't remember) stated in their assessment that they 'had to cut down on their fouls'.

Of course they did and they were both excellent players. And also, although they had better stats than our guys do now, the team they joined was being seriously rebuilt, and IIRC, a middle tier (or close to) team.

Comment

• I gather that bush is in academic trouble and has been suspended.

Coach said he's suspended through Christmas if I read correctly. My question is how specific and accurate is that? Is his suspension over now that Christmas is over or was that more of a general statement like "at least through Christmas"

And what the heck could he have even done academically? Fail a class? Plagiarize? I'm just wondering if anyone knows more than what was printed, which only said he is suspended through Christmas for academic issues that are grouped under the typical blanket statement of breaking team rules...

Comment

• He's suspended at least through Christmas. It was a violation of team rules and academic in nature. Probably skipped a class/final.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        I gather that bush is in academic trouble and has been suspended.

Coach said he's suspended through Christmas if I read correctly. My question is how specific and accurate is that? Is his suspension over now that Christmas is over or was that more of a general statement like "at least through Christmas"

And what the heck could he have even done academically? Fail a class? Plagiarize? I'm just wondering if anyone knows more than what was printed, which only said he is suspended through Christmas for academic issues that are grouped under the typical blanket statement of breaking team rules...
                        Coach said this - I have some guesses of what it might be, but they are only guesses.

“You can call it breaking team rules, it was an academic nature,” Marshall said. “I don’t condone something that he did. He’s going to be out for awhile. He’s suspended through Christmas.”

Comment

• It could be anything from missing study hall to cheating.

I do not believe it is cheating.

There are many possibilities.

It will turn out fine.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Probably porked his English teacher after curfew. I mean, if we're going to start rumors ...
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Probably porked his English teacher after curfew. I mean, if we're going to start rumors ...
                              I porked my english teacher.

Really, I did. I picked her up between semesters, nailed her, a few weeks later, walked into class, and low an behold, guess who I saw! It was a bit uncomfortable...

If anybody doesn't believe this, I have an old, old friend, who lived in Chicago, now living in Overland Park, Kansas, that will back me.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                I porked my english teacher.

Really, I did. I picked her up between semesters, nailed her, a few weeks later, walked into class, and low an behold, guess who I saw! It was a bit uncomfortable...

If anybody doesn't believe this, I have an old, old friend, who lived in Chicago, now living in Overland Park, Kansas, that will back me.
                                Hey, English teachers have a libido too! Did you finish out the semester in her class?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X