Any news on Wamukota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on Wamukota?

Sorry, it just seems appropriate with our new 7' project who just happens to be from Africa as well.

Could also serve as Shockernet nostalgia; an ode to the legen-(wait for it)-dary E.O. thread.

Hopefully, Bush will give us as much to talk about as Orukpe did!
    Last edited by Shock Top; November 7, 2013, 11:21 PM.
    The Assman

You da man, Shurtz -- somebody had to step up, and you were the one. Just 4000 or so posts to go.

Too bad we can't shift some of the flights of fancy about bricklaying into this thread.

Comment

Haha I definitely laughed out loud when I saw this thread. Luckily it looks like it won't take 3 years to get this kid here.

Comment

Silly me. Here I am, a Freshman SN, and I saw this post thinking it would have something of substance. Apparently, there are a few legendary posts on SN of which I'm not yet aware...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          Silly me. Here I am, a Freshman SN, and I saw this post thinking it would have something of substance. Apparently, there are a few legendary posts on SN of which I'm not yet aware...
          Just search for any news on orupke. You will understand

Comment

Welcome to Shocker Nation, Tom!
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Any word about lightning bolts?

I was told there would be lightning bolts.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Coming soon to a screen near you, Bluz -- at least we hope so.

Meanwhile, for historical interest, info on lightning bolts, etc., here's your source: http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...Orukpe/page166

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  Coming soon to a screen near you, Bluz -- at least we hope so.

Meanwhile, for historical interest, info on lightning bolts, etc., here's your source: http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...Orukpe/page166
                  Oh my, 166 pages? Good grief, I have a lot of catching up to do! I can see the commercial now, "Honey, I've finally done it. I've reached the end of the Any News On Orukpe string on Shockernet! Wait, there's another post."

Comment

“Yes, I am Tom ‘Bush’ Wamukota from Kenya; I will consume the Valley with fireballs from my eyes and bolts of lightning from my arse.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Oh my, 166 pages? Good grief, I have a lot of catching up to do! I can see the commercial now, "Honey, I've finally done it. I've reached the end of the Any News On Orukpe string on Shockernet! Wait, there's another post."
                      You have to remember that when the recruiting of Orukpe started we were in dark times in Shocker Nation. The sweet 16 of recent past had been replaced by a dramatic plunge the following year and we had a coach that some doubted was the right man for the job. Just then, whispers of the great African hero began to be heard by those that longed for more. Weeks would go by and then a new story about how he ran down a gazelle and jumped over an elephant. We didn't even have a picture of him for several months. Once he was finally a known commodity the Nigerian government conspired for bribes in order to keep him in country and when he did get here, the NCAA conspired to keep him out of WSU. I'm pretty sure Joseph Conrad based his "Heart of Darkness" novel on Orukpe.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        You have to remember that when the recruiting of Orukpe started we were in dark times in Shocker Nation. The sweet 16 of recent past had been replaced by a dramatic plunge the following year and we had a coach that some doubted was the right man for the job. Just then, whispers of the great African hero began to be heard by those that longed for more. Weeks would go by and then a new story about how he ran down a gazelle and jumped over an elephant. We didn't even have a picture of him for several months. Once he was finally a known commodity the Nigerian government conspired for bribes in order to keep him in country and when he did get here, the NCAA conspired to keep him out of WSU. I'm pretty sure Joseph Conrad based his "Heart of Darkness" novel on Orukpe.
                        Agree with your assessment with one exception. I dont recall any serious doubts about Marshall being the right guy for the job. On the contrary, I remember the city going into a near meltdown on speculation he would leave after his first year to replace Darin Horn at S outh Carolina.

We werent worried if Gregg was the right guy for us. We were worried that we were the right job for him.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Heart of Darkness, nice analogy.

Comment

'string', 'thread', what's the difference? I guess strings are a little bigger than threads, so that probably works out for Orukpe's "thread".

Comment

"Something of substance" you clearly are a freshman. Lol. Actually, this is where I get all of my current shocker news. I can say I read it on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X