Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    IIRC, people could purchase the rights to buy tickets first to all events at IBA, sort of a "right of first refusal" deal. Could this staggered release of additional seats be due to people who did not exercise their option to purchase tickets to the WSU/UT game?

Is my recollection way off base?
    Royal, I think you are right. It is interesting that they only seem to release these additional seats after the lower bowl sells out. I wonder if they will release some more after these 186 sell.

136 of the 186 newly available seats are in section 103. And many of those are in the first 5 rows right at mid-court, including some in the first row. I have to believe that these 136 seats are from the pool you are talking about. There are another 49 lower bowl seats from the other side of the court, that I would think would not be part of this group. I am not sure what the story would be on those 49 seats, unless they are just some the athletic dept. was holding back.
    Last edited by shocker3; November 18, 2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
      This is pretty crappy of the arena. Either release them all or don't release any. This half passing it is getting old.
      I doubt this has anything to do with IBA. The promoter is the one we should be upset with.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        I doubt this has anything to do with IBA. The promoter is the one we should be upset with.
        Actually I think the 136 seats in section 103 are directly due to the IBA. Look at the description of "Club Seating" on the INTRUST BANK site:

CLUB SEATS include amenities such as cup holders and in-seat service, prime seat location and first right of refusal for all events. Club seat holders with four or more seats receive one on-site parking pass. For each additional four seats purchased, one on-site parking pass is issued

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
          Actually I think the 136 seats in section 103 are directly due to the IBA. Look at the description of "Club Seating" on the INTRUST BANK site:

CLUB SEATS include amenities such as cup holders and in-seat service, prime seat location and first right of refusal for all events. Club seat holders with four or more seats receive one on-site parking pass. For each additional four seats purchased, one on-site parking pass is issued

http://www.intrustbankarena.com/general.asp?id=197
          This is true as my company used to have club seats before they got the suite. You have up to a certain date to buy the tickets or they release them to the public.

Comment

• A further definition of CLUB SEATS found here:

Club Seats

INTRUST Bank Arena features more than 220 club seats (Section 103). In addition to spectacular sightlines and comfortable seats, club seat ticket holders receive access to the exclusive premium seat lounge and also have the luxury of in-seat food and beverage service. It is the perfect option to entertain business associates, family and friends.

Benefits:

•Wichita Thunder Season Tickets included in Club Seat lease
            •Great center sightlines
            •Access to the Cox Lounge (includes premium bar, concession stand and seating area)
            •First right to purchase tickets

I think this description makes it pretty clear that all 136 seats now available in section 103 are CLUB SEATS that the owners decided not to purchase for this event.

Comment

• I'm most surprised by the fact that Club Seat owners wouldn't want to purchase tickets for this event, especially if they're mostly company owned.

Comment

• You do know that you can take your tickets down to Intrust and trade them in for club seats, right...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                  Yep...promoters been doing these stupid tricks for years. Maddening...
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If you are in the giving mood, feel free to take advantage of this chance to improve on your original seats and gift the old ones as early Christmas presents.

We'd planned on sitting towards the top in 118, and now we're in the front row of 103- pretty stoked about it. A few family members who are devout Shocker fans will be getting those 118 tickets in the mail next week and they couldn't be happier.

Also, if you'd rather have a tax write-off, I have donated tickets to organizations like Big Bros/Big Sis in the past and they are always able to put them to good use for kids who could otherwise never dream of having great seats at an event like this. Food for thought.

Comment

• I dunno why some of you are surprised by this. It happens every year and gets explained ad nauseam.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        I dunno why some of you are surprised by this. It happens every year and gets explained ad nauseam.
                        Yip. In fact it had been previously discussed in this thread. Fundamentally, the WSU AD does not look after the interests of the average season ticket holder (rightfully or wrongfully). I just jumped on the best seats I could get (and they are better than what my season tickets are so I'm satisfied - but I know some who are not to happy).

Capture.JPG
                        Last edited by SB Shock; November 18, 2013, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• The next 4 games will determine whether this one sells out.

4-0 and the nosebleeds will be getting scalped for double face value. 3-1 probably gets us a sell out in the day or two before the actual game. 2-2 or worse and we're probably looking at a few empty seats.

Here's hoping the guys put the pedal to the metal now that we're away from Koch.

Comment

• http://www.kansas.com/2013/11/19/3127941/testing-1-2-3.html

Wichita State is on pace to end a decline in attendance for its annual men’s basketball game at Intrust Bank Arena.

It has sold around 8,500 tickets for the Dec. 14 game against Tennessee. Last season’s game against Southern Mississippi drew 9,619 fans. In 2011, 11,204 watched WSU play Alabama-Birmingham. In 2010, WSU played its first game downtown with 14,112 on hand to see a renewal of the rivalry against Tulsa.

Comment

• More seats released today

Capture.JPG

Comment

• About 235 of the 350+ lower bowl seats released over the last 2 days have been sold so far. A win this evening this should wipe out the remainder in short order...hopefully this is the last wave of held tickets they make available.

The upper bowl still has 4,909 seats available.

Comment

Working...
                                X