Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Friday...

Just did a sum of the tickets still available for the game via IBA's website. There are a total of 650 lower bowl seats, and 5,578 upper bowl seats, still available. Using the stated IBA capacity for basketball via wiki, gives a total sold as of 11/01 of 8,776.

I would point that I mention this not to denigrate what has been sold so far. College basketball essentially hasn't even started yet, and the public is still geared for the revelry of fall football. I'd be highly surprised if this event does not sell out by game time.

Comment

• About a week ago, I bought three tickets in row B of section 211, which is more or less the northwest "corner" of the upper deck. I sat there for the NBA game, and the seats were just fine for the price. Both NBA and WSU-Tenn were $12 a seat for that spot. So there are still plenty of decent upper deck seats to be had if price is a consideration.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Capture.JPG

Comment

• I was hoping for 11-12k but I'm officially on the sellout bandwagon.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            I was hoping for 11-12k but I'm officially on the sellout bandwagon.
            There are only 329 lower bowl tickets left (all of the remaining unsold seats, about 5500 are all upper bowl seats). I believe it will be sold out. There is still over 1 month to go and WSU has still yet to do much promotion for this game.

Comment

• I think the people that are waiting for a deal for tickets will be SOL. This will sell out at regular price.

Comment

• Heck, they could pitch it as a "sale" at original prices. The $22 seats on the side of the upper deck pretty much are upper half, and there are plenty of $12 seats left. The only "fire sale" that might happen would be a 2 for 1 for whatever handful is left in the last day or two prior to the game. And even that might not be necessary. Perhaps they have found the right pricing sets for the market - lower bowl seats that range from moderate to pricey, and upper deck seats that are very affordable.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  There are only 329 lower bowl tickets left (all of the remaining unsold seats, about 5500 are all upper bowl seats). I believe it will be sold out. There is still over 1 month to go and WSU has still yet to do much promotion for this game.
                  And the season has not yet begun. When we play 5 games in 12 days there will be lots of Shocker coverage in the newspaper and the TV news/sports, which will peak interest.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• And if we start out on a good roll, and Tennessee does the same, it will be a matchup of two ranked teams. Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                      I think the people that are waiting for a deal for tickets will be SOL. This will sell out at regular price.
                      I agree. The lower bowl will probably be sold out in a few days (there are only 268 seats available in the lower bowl). Most of the remaining tickets sell for $12. I think those will start moving fast once basketball season really gets going and the casual fans start paying attention. It is also a much lower price than any seat that anybody would be able to get for a game at the roundhouse.

Comment

• Taking a huge dump on their home court against Northern Colorado last night should really do big things for KSU-Gonzaga ticket sales.

They might sell about 8 more tickets between now and tipoff. Slash that to 4 if the arena bans livestock.

Comment

• I'd thought about going to the KSU game ........just to watch the Zags

Comment

• Only 45 tickets left in the lower bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Only 45 tickets left in the lower bowl.
                              Huh??

I bought tickets Wednesday and there were none in the lower bowl. I checked on the Net and at the box office at IBA. I got two more or less mid-court tickets about half-way up the upper bowl. There were about 300 of those remaining. After that it's the free throw line to goal, corners, and ends of the upper bowl.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It will sell out. Still a month to go and the arena is well over 50% sold. It will be a great atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                                X