Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
    Ticket Update: Everything is now sold out except for the $12 tickets. There are 2,811 $12 tickets left. Sales need to average 700 a day for a sell out. Still very doable. Especially if there is a good walk up crowd. There is 55 tickets left on StubHub starting at $38!

The Gonzaga game, on the other hand still has 3315 tickets left including 188 lower bowl tickets (about the same place as they were 2 weeks ago), There are a whopping 477 Gonzaga tickets left on Stub Hub starting at just $11.50. All of their promotion during the last 2 weeks have gained them almost no sales.
    With the whupping KjSU put on South Dakota last night, the tickets should be gone in a whiz !
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      The Gonzaga game...Gonzaga tickets...
      I see what you did there. Well played sir, well played.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I would guess this game sells out, but if not it shouldn't be that much short and it will look really good on TV.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• If this game doesn't sell out, then I don't see any WSU game selling out IBA, short of WSU vs KU.

Undefeated Top 10 team, coming off a FF, playing a decent SEC school, national tv, cheap tickets.... Am I missing anything else?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            If this game doesn't sell out, then I don't see any WSU game selling out IBA, short of WSU vs KU.

Undefeated Top 10 team, coming off a FF, playing a decent SEC school, national tv, cheap tickets.... Am I missing anything else?
            Sunny, 80 degrees maybe?

Comment

• WSU KSU would sell out
              WSU OSU would sell out
              WSU Gonzaga would sell out
              WSU Kentucky would sell out
              WSU Duke would sell out
              WSU North Carolina would sell out
              WSU Michigan State would sell out
              WSU Syracuse would sell out

I could continue with many more names, but the point is, Tennessee is a decent draw, but not a great one. We are learning that a decent draw for a quality Shocker team is a borderline sellout. However, there are atleats 2 dozen teams out there that would make for fairly easy sellouts. Tennessee just isn't one of them. No matter how good the Shox are, oppenents matter when drawing crowds.

Comment

• I was so tempted to get tickets and fly home for this game to combine my love of the Shox and the need to visit family for the holidays. Alas, work stoppage led to lack of funds and flights to ICT aren't all that cheap. I'll have to be relegated to the comfort of my living room and watch the boob tube. Hope Shocker Nation does a great job of representing Saturday, I'll be there in spirit, that's for sure.

Comment

• Memphis, Louisville, Mizzou, Texas, Kraytun, UCLA, Zona, Butler, George Mason

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    If this game doesn't sell out, then I don't see any WSU game selling out IBA, short of WSU vs KU.

Discounting the big names in basketball (UK, UConn, Louisville, and so on who probably will never come to IBA) K St, OU, Okie St, VCU, Gonzaga, and probably Creighton would have all sold out by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Discounting the big names in basketball (UK, UConn, Louisville, and so on who probably will never come to IBA) K St, OU, Okie St, VCU, Gonzaga, and probably Creighton would have all sold out by now.
                      Actually playing ANY ranked team would have most likely sold out by now. If Tennessee were ranked I am pretty sure it would have been sold out by now. I still remain cautiously optimistic that the game will be a sell out. If not I think there is an excellent chance that the crowd will beat the Tulsa game. The Tulsa game looked awfully good on TV.

Comment

• Looking at it from a somewhat non-basketball perspective for a moment, I think it may have to do with the every growing gap between the haves and the have nots, and the shrinking middle class.

I believe there are a number of fans that won't go because they cannot get good tickets. Mr. B, who owns ABC Widgets would like to attend with his family of 5 and has no qualms about dropping $400 for the day. But he's not going to sit in the upper deck. He's a casual fan at best, and if he can't do it right, won't do it at all.

However on the other end, the casual, probably younger fan, $12 is $12 when you're living check to check....it's on TV....HD....I need the $12. Not going.

I just wonder if there is any demand on either side for the (assumed) bad high seats. I am thinking that if instead of 2500 upper bowl $12 seats there were 2500 lower level $40 tickets, then this thing would be sold out in hours.

Spitballing....

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Looking at it from a somewhat non-basketball perspective for a moment, I think it may have to do with the every growing gap between the haves and the have nots, and the shrinking middle class.

I believe there are a number of fans that won't go because they cannot get good tickets. Mr. B, who owns ABC Widgets would like to attend with his family of 5 and has no qualms about dropping $400 for the day. But he's not going to sit in the upper deck. He's a casual fan at best, and if he can't do it right, won't do it at all.

However on the other end, the casual, probably younger fan, $12 is $12 when you're living check to check....it's on TV....HD....I need the $12. Not going.

I just wonder if there is any demand on either side for the (assumed) bad high seats. I am thinking that if instead of 2500 upper bowl $12 seats there were 2500 lower level $40 tickets, then this thing would be sold out in hours.

Spitballing....
                          I think you make a good point. Whenever any lower bowl tickets became available they sold very fast.

Comment

• There are also some people waiting to see if maybe, just maybe there will be another promotion like the last few years. It didn't help that they said no promos then had promos at the last minute last year

Comment

• I don't know if people will buy ball the upper level tickets, especially if they have ever sat up there before. I hope it does sell out but the good Dr. brings up a very good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Looking at it from a somewhat non-basketball perspective for a moment, I think it may have to do with the every growing gap between the haves and the have nots, and the shrinking middle class.

Spitballing....
                                There is definitely a gap between what promoters want to charge and what people want to pay and plenty competition with concerts, etc. If you just dropped a few hundred bucks at Intrust to see your favorite recording artist, then there is no big rush to see the Shox.

And then there is that thing called Chrismakwanzikkah that also crimps the budget...
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X