No announcement yet.

Official Shockers vs. LaSalle Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's so weird, the game just kinda had a boring feel to it to me, just with the low tempo and the lack of excitement by the commentators I think. Plus the fact that we dominated from star tto finish.. And the more I think about it now, the more excited I get about the spot we're in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
      20 MINUTES AWAY FROM DESTINY
      Wrong. 20 Minutes away from our next step towards our destiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I don't think it's sunk in to most ShockerNet posters that we are in the E8.
        Sitting here on the couch and my wife says I look exhausted, but that I've had 8 cups of coffee.

Comment

• Marshall can earn several bonuses annually, including $18,000 for a conference title or conference tournament title; $8,000 for an NIT appearance; $18,000 for an NCAA Tournament berth, $36,000 for a spot in the NCAA's round of 16, $54,000 for the Final Four and $90,000 for an NCAA title.

Comment

• Its starting to sink in. I'm getting misty eyed. Darn old age.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Postseason top 10 and possible COY.

This season is a dream.

It hasn't sunk in for me at all. Elite 8 is ridiculous. AND THE TEAM IS YOUNG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                Sitting here on the couch and my wife says I look exhausted, but that I've had 8 cups of coffee.
                Dude. I've been pounding coffee too. What a freaking train wreck I've been during these games. Off the chart serum caffeine level with game nerves. I'm gonna puke. I love this team. This isn't sinking in at all. Yet st the same time i have this peace about Saturday. No nerves.

Comment

• It didn't sink in for me....I expected it.

So very proud of this program.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I don't think it's sunk in to most ShockerNet posters that we are in the E8.

This isn't getting votes in the AP poll. It's not breaking into the top 25 polls. It's not getting a top-30 RPI ranking.

We are one of the top 8 teams in the nation. A lot of people are saying we had an easy route to where we're at. All we had to do was beat a #1 seed and the #1 team in the nation to get to where we're at.
                    This is the best post of the season.

Folks fret and stress out about being ranked, a 2 or 3 spot drop in RPI, and about "what if this, and what if that". The games are played on the court and the polls don't measure heart and desire. The friggin' pollsters don't pay attention to the fact that the Shockers roster was decimated by injury all season.

Gregg Marshall and his staff is the master at pulling all the right strings to get his team to play together in crucial games. They did it against all odds in the NIT two years ago and they're doing it on the main stage this year.

Don't count this team out of ANYTHING. They play angry and they're not satisfied.

Go Shocks!!!
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      It's so weird, the game just kinda had a boring feel to it to me, just with the low tempo and the lack of excitement by the commentators I think. Plus the fact that we dominated from star tto finish.. And the more I think about it now, the more excited I get about the spot we're in.
                      I expected to feel a lot more nervous throughout the game than I did. It was kind of surprising and anti-climatic. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited as hell for this opportunity and I can't wait for Saturday. I just felt weird the entire game because we were doing everything that we needed to and it was awesome.

Comment

• I'm sure it's been said.. I might have even said it myself, but Wichita State and #watchus were trending in the United States on Twitter tonight. So awesome.

I'm already so pumped for Saturday, how am I gonna fall asleep?!

Comment

• So proud of this team. They have SURPASSED my expectations by far. That doesn't mean they're satisfied though.

This town looks so awesome covered in black and yellow. KEEP IT UP!
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We opened with the 12 point lead. From that - I was waiting for LaSalle to make their run. I don't recall LaSalle ever getting within 8 the rest of the game.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                              It's so weird, the game just kinda had a boring feel to it to me, just with the low tempo and the lack of excitement by the commentators I think. Plus the fact that we dominated from star tto finish.. And the more I think about it now, the more excited I get about the spot we're in.
                              The game did have an odd feel to it. I wasn't real wild about going to the one-man game with Mal and FVV for a good part of the 2nd half but it worked and Mal was generally very good during that stretch. However, the couple of times where we actaully moved the ball we ended up with to layups one by Tekele and one by Cle.

I thinik we will need a more complete game to eat Ohio State but their is no question we are certainly capable of that .

Congrats on a solid win but I sincerely hope the Shocks are as #NotSatisfied as me.

Go Shocks! Why not?

Comment

• I think Kennedy said that we will be in black again Saturday since we will once again be the lower seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X