No announcement yet.

Official Shockers vs. LaSalle Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effin awesome win Shockers! That is all.

Comment

• Unreal. So happy for WSU.

GO SHOX!!

Comment

• Quick notes:

-Shocker Nation in LA represented way better than LaSalle.......but we will be outnumbered tomorrow. OSU must have tons of albums in the area or a bunch of casual bandwagoners. Hopefully the U of A and Explorer fans that stick around will adopt us

-Staples is the Quiet Center West......very cavernous

-Lots of empty seats everywhere so opportunities to improve your vantage point. Pretty relaxed ushers.

-I love the Arizona fans. They actually know us and respect us.

-As usual you guys covered the game better than anybody. But I will add our gameplan was a flawless. Kudos to our unsung assistants

Comment

• Two things I learned this game:

1. The Marshall coaching rumors are only going to heat up now. That was an utter dissection of a team that gave KSU, Ole Miss, and BYU fits. I'm not sure how many people outside of WSU saw that coming.

2. I will never hire any poster on the La Salle fan forum to do my opposing-team scouting.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Quick notes:

-As usual you guys covered the game better than anybody. But I will add our gameplan was a flawless. Kudos to our unsung assistants
            Unsung by many. Never by Marshall.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• A) I think Chris Jans gets the opportunity to run his own program. I think he will be a better candidate than Marshall just on likelihood of taking the job. Will be extremely difficult to replace.

B) LaSalle is a very good team. They are young and will be better next year. I missed handshake. Did it seem like a lets get a series going handshake.

Comment

• Bilas on Mike and Mike this morning knew more about WSU off the cuff than anyone who had time to prepare and called that game last night.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  Bilas on Mike and Mike this morning knew more about WSU off the cuff than anyone who had time to prepare and called that game last night.
                  People like to give him a hard time because of his Duke bias, but Bilas is awesome. He's one of only a handful of commentators who truly loves basketball and studies every quality team in depth. He's also BY FAR the smartest of the group.

Jay attended Duke law school and works part-time in Charlotte at a large firm during the offseason. He was also accepted at Columbia law school. For those that don't know, Columbia's average LSAT entry requirement is in the 99.1%. That's like having to get a 35 on the ACT for undergrad (no idea what the "new" SAT equivalent is since they changed it circa 2004).

His mind >>>>>>> Digger Phelps and everyone else

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    Bilas on Mike and Mike this morning knew more about WSU off the cuff than anyone who had time to prepare and called that game last night.
                    If I would have not watched the game and just listened to the announcers, I would have thought LaSalle won by 20. I'm not sure they knew anything about the Shocks. I would say the commentary was 80/20 LaSalle, and that is generous.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                      People like to give him a hard time because of his Duke bias, but Bilas is awesome. He's one of only a handful of commentators who truly loves basketball and studies every quality team in depth. He's also BY FAR the smartest of the group.

Jay attended Duke law school and works part-time in Charlotte at a large firm during the offseason. He was also accepted at Columbia law school. For those that don't know, Columbia's average LSAT entry requirement is in the 99.1%. That's like having to get a 35 on the ACT for undergrad (no idea what the "new" SAT equivalent is since they changed it circa 2004).

His mind >>>>>>> Digger Phelps and everyone else
                      Bilas for some reason has a man crush on Aubrey Sherrod... Last night Seth Greenberg brought up the 81 Elite 8 and mentioned Carr and Levingston, and Bilas shot up and said "and Aubrey Sherrod!! Don't forget about Aubrey Sherrod!!!". um, Jay, Aubrey was in HS in 1981...

I have heard him talk about Aubrey 100 times at least...
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Bilas is very knowledgable and is respectful to WSU and other non power conference high majors. However, he is very much a Power Conference shill when push comes to shove. He'll pick the power conference team 100% of the time when they are in the top half of their conference. Another example is, he still thinks that it is the job of the non power conference teams to schedule power conference teams in the non-con on the road if necessary (one and done) but doesn't blame the power conference teams for their poor non-con. schedule (and not going on the road).

Comment

• Just watched DVR. Reggie Miller taller than Carl Hall? Is someone in our athletic department not able to read a tape measure? He made Carl look like he was 6'4" Trick photography?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            Just watched DVR. Reggie Miller taller than Carl Hall? Is someone in our athletic department not able to read a tape measure? He made Carl look like he was 6'4" Trick photography?
                            No, Carl might only be 6'5".
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Always thought he was 6'6"........sure did not look like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                                LaSalle is still a very young team- they basically lose Galloway and that's it from this squad.

Would love to set up a home and home with them for the next two years. They are Top 50 secure for the near future.
                                I agree wholeheartedly!!! Let's get a home and home with LaSalle! I've lived in NYC for ten years and rarely get the chance to see my Shox in person. Also, in case the rest of you aren't keeping track, the Shox are 6-0 in the Northeast since I've lived here (wins against Manhattan College, Providence, George Mason, Syracuse, Washington State, Alabama). Isn't that reason enough to schedule more east coast competition!?
                                "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                                -- Pele

Comment

Working...
                                X