No announcement yet.

Official Shockers vs. LaSalle Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if K-Staters are wondering how in the world they lost to LaSalle.

Comment

• I was too nervous to live post and ***** about the refs and once we got on a role I wasn't going to disturb that.

Comment

• So any word on some of the La Salle fans that thought we were too slow and unathletic for them?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Steve Berkowitz ‏@ByBerkowitz 19m
          Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall gets another $36,000 bonus with tonight's NCAA tournament win. He has $204,000 in tourney bonuses so far.
          He should be getting close to 1.8M for the year. I'd like to see him make over 2M this year... if you know what I mean.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
            Marshall can earn several bonuses annually, including $18,000 for a conference title or conference tournament title; $8,000 for an NIT appearance; $18,000 for an NCAA Tournament berth, $36,000 for a spot in the NCAA's round of 16, $54,000 for the Final Four and $90,000 for an NCAA title.
            In all honesty, those need to be multiplied a number of times over.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              He should be getting close to 1.8M for the year. I'd like to see him make over 2M this year... if you know what I mean.

T

...:cool:
              I can't belive that he only gets $90,000 if we win a national championship, I know people who would sell their house and give him the check if we won it. It kind of feels like Dr. Evil only asking for "one millllliiion dollars" to not blow the Earth up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                So any word on some of the La Salle fans that thought we were too slow and unathletic for them?
                Some comments I saw from La Salle fans:

Well we ran into a buzz saw tonight. I think these guys can beat Ohio State All the fans are leavin? Where are you going??????

No shame at all. Wichita State was ranked 15th earlier in the season for a reason.

But Other squads personnell was superior for sure!

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other team. This is one of those times. Wichita State's a good team.

Seem like good fans, honestly. They had absolutely no knowledge of us other than the Gonzaga game, so there were some stupid comments leading up to it. I'd say the comments are much more respectful now >=)

I like them, and I think their team could have done well against a team that just tried to go all offense against them. We matched up incredibly well with them, so they got destroyed. Any team that let them control the perimeter would have had a hell of a game ahead of them, though.
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• LaSalle is still a very young team- they basically lose Galloway and that's it from this squad.

Would love to set up a home and home with them for the next two years. They are Top 50 secure for the near future.

Comment

• Man, I'm so happy to see this. I've spent so many of the last few years trying to convince people that just saw the conference next to our name that we were the real deal. I don't think I'll have to do much convincing any more. An amazing program, and so many amazing players on this team.

Just think ... we've played 120 minutes so far in this tournament. Have we even trailed for 10 of those? We didn't trail for one second of this game, and Pitt only had a brief 2 point lead on us. I don't remember how long Gonzaga lead for, but I think it was around 7 minutes. That's just domination. And a 38 point margin of victory ... only Louisville and Syracuse have won by more, and they've had cupcakes in the first round to beef up their numbers. We haven't squeaked into the Elite 8. There's no luck here. We've straight up dominated three straight teams.

*Edit: Just checked. We trailed for almost exactly 2 minutes against Pitt. 11 minutes against Gonzaga. 13 minutes of 120. Man.
                    Last edited by Rlh04d; March 29, 2013, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                      Man, I'm so happy to see this. I've spent so many of the last few years trying to convince people that just saw the conference next to our name that we were the real deal. I don't think I'll have to do much convincing any more. An amazing program, and so many amazing players on this team.

Just think ... we've played 120 minutes so far in this tournament. Have we even trailed for 10 of those? We didn't trail for one second of this game, and Pitt only had a brief 2 point lead on us. I don't remember how long Gonzaga lead for, but I think it was around 7 minutes. That's just domination. And a 38 point margin of victory ... only Louisville and Syracuse have won by more, and they've had cupcakes in the first round to beef up their numbers. We haven't squeaked into the Elite 8. There's no luck here. We've straight up dominated three straight teams.
                      We haven't seen God's Team, Ohio State, yet.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        We haven't seen God's Team, Ohio State, yet.
                        I thought Tebow gave that title to us?

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                          I can't belive that he only gets $90,000 if we win a national championship, I know people who would sell their house and give him the check if we won it. It kind of feels like Dr. Evil only asking for "one millllliiion dollars" to not blow the Earth up.
                          I think that I read somewhere that Gregg's bonuses are competitive with most of the highly paid coaches.

$36,000 per win in the NCAA, $90,000 for a National Championship, etc., etc., etc. There are bonuses for almost everything in the post season. He most likely gets another pay raise too.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            I think that I read somewhere that Gregg's bonuses are competitive with most of the highly paid coaches.

$36,000 per win in the NCAA, $90,000 for a National Championship, etc., etc., etc. There are bonuses for almost everything in the post season. He most likely gets another pay raise too.
                            If he wins a national championship his total bonuses would be $616,000 (per USA TODAY). He has already received $244,000 in bonuses for making it to the elite 8 and would receive another $136,000 if WSU makes the final 4. He would get an additional $36,000 for playing in the championship game and another $200,000 if WSU wins it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              If he wins a national championship his total bonuses would be $616,000 (per USA TODAY). He has already received $244,000 in bonuses for making it to the elite 8 and would receive another $136,000 if WSU makes the final 4. He would get an additional $36,000 for playing in the championship game and another $200,000 if WSU wins it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nuses/2023355/
                              And by the way, his bonuses appear to be very competitive with the other teams in the sweet 16 and are better than Bill Self's (of course, Bill Self makes something like 4 million).

I would say Marshall has been worth every penny and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                Postseason top 10 and possible COY.

This season is a dream.

It hasn't sunk in for me at all. Elite 8 is ridiculous. AND THE TEAM IS YOUNG.
                                It's awesome, but not ridiculous. Marshall is a BOSS.
                                Last edited by Rhatigan; March 29, 2013, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X