No announcement yet.

Official Shockers vs. LaSalle Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I watched the game with Señora Rio, I thought we missed a lot of short shots. So when I watch the replay this morning, I recorded the number of missed shots from 3' and closer to the basket. Of course, my guesstimate on distance could be incorrect. Only two of the misses might have been caused by La Salle fouls.

2' and closer
    Armstead - 6
    Early - 4
    Cotton - 2
    EO - 1
    Hall - 1
    Wiggins - 1

2'-3'
    VV - 3
    Hall - 2
    Armstead - 1
    Baker - 1
    Early - 1
    Lufile - 1

Obviously, the game plan called for an attack on the basket in the deep paint. Only 12 three balls were shot. There were very few intermediate shots put up.

With a few more makes of the short shots, the game might have been a blow-out.
    Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; March 29, 2013, 03:11 PM.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      Bilas on Mike and Mike this morning knew more about WSU off the cuff than anyone who had time to prepare and called that game last night.
      If you watched PTI Thursday, you would have noticed that Mr. Bilas was 1-3 in his picks of Thursday's games. He "guessed" correctly on the WSU game. Bilas, like all talking heads, doesn't know jack, and are hired only for entertainment. If they knew anything, they would do better than a coin flip.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
        If you watched PTI Thursday, you would have noticed that Mr. Bilas was 1-3 in his picks of Thursday's games. He "guessed" correctly on the WSU game. Bilas, like all talking heads, doesn't know jack, and are hired only for entertainment. If they knew anything, they would do better than a coin flip.
        Bilas took LaSalle. Wilbon was only one to take WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          Bilas took LaSalle. Wilbon was only one to take WSU.
          I thought cornholer took WSU.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• @Ricardo del Rio: must have been quite pleased with the combined 21 turnovers and fouls from the good guys last evening.

Perhaps it was a good night for Senora Rio during the post game celebration?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              I thought cornholer took WSU.
              Same difference, I guess. Either way, it wasn't Bilas.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                Just watched DVR. Reggie Miller taller than Carl Hall? Is someone in our athletic department not able to read a tape measure? He made Carl look like he was 6'4" Trick photography?
                Carl may have lost a couple inches of height when he cut his dreds.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Carl may have lost a couple inches of height when he cut his dreds.
                  I noticed that too. Reggie was closer to the camera so that probably was the difference. Reggie is 6'7" and Carl is 6'8".. that's not a lot of difference.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    Same difference, I guess. Either way, it wasn't Bilas.
                    Wilbon took La Salle.

Bilas spent the entire time talking about Wichita State's advantage, and then went "But I'm taking La Salle."
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Tim Cowlishaw mentioned the "X" man and the rest of the greats on around the horn. Blackistone wasn't feeling the WSU swag-train.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        While I watched the game with Señora Rio, I thought we missed a lot of short shots. So when I watch the replay this morning, I recorded the number of missed shots from 3' and closer to the basket. Of course, my guesstimate on distance could be incorrect. Only two of the misses might have been caused by La Salle fouls.

2' and closer
                        Armstead - 6
                        Early - 4
                        Cotton - 2
                        EO - 1
                        Hall - 1
                        Wiggins - 1

2'-3'
                        VV - 3
                        Hall - 2
                        Armstead - 1
                        Baker - 1
                        Early - 1
                        Lufile - 1

Obviously, the game plan called for an attack on the basket in the deep paint. Only 12 three balls were shot. There were very few intermediate shots put up.

With a few more makes of the short shots, the game might have been a blow-out.
                        However, a large chunk of those misses were rebounded and then turned into second (or third) chance points.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                        X