Official Shockers vs. LaSalle Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Berkowitz ‏@ByBerkowitz 19m
    Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall gets another $36,000 bonus with tonight's NCAA tournament win. He has $204,000 in tourney bonuses so far.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Perfect scenario Saturday. We should be loose. I was really worried about wearing white. Lets get those black unis back on. I got a feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        This feeling is just orgasmic, yeah I said it! I'm very proud of this team and staff. We'll be the underdogs against OSU, the pressure is all on them. I hope the boys go out and play fluid and relaxed.
        Big_Slick ‏@BroncoAK47 5m
        Ohio State opens up as 6 point favorite over Wichita State in Elite 8 matchup, has already been bet down to 5.5

We can win this...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          This feeling is just orgasmic, yeah I said it! I'm very proud of this team and staff. We'll be the underdogs against OSU, the pressure is all on them. I hope the boys go out and play fluid and relaxed.
          I think that is what was most impressive tonight. The team looked loose and ready to play. I was concerned about nerves, but layups tend to cure nerves. House money on Saturday night. Same wine, same clothes. Play well Shockers!
          Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• This is what I liked:
            Lufile - 6 minutes
            Williams - 15
            Wiggins - 5
            Orupke - 8
            VV - 18
            White - 3 minutes

These guys will forever remember the tournament because they played and contributed rather than merely watched from the bench. It is a big deal to play in the Staples Center in front of 18,000 folks and on national television. What an experience for all of the players!
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• What a great day to be a Shocker! I absolutely couldn't be more proud of this coach, this team, this program. #shocktheworld

Comment

• EO 8 minutes, 9rebounds?? Wow.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• Baker turns 20 on Saturday and gets 20 on Saturday.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Only 8 turnovers and 13 personal fouls. It might be the low for the season.

I iz so happy about the victory. I have to leave early in the morning for a trip. I think I am too excited to catch some sleep.

One more comment - "Here is your southwest floater."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• One more and absolutely last comment. The Shocks only had 12 shots from the 3 line. Made 5. I like it.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        Steve Berkowitz ‏@ByBerkowitz 19m
                        Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall gets another $36,000 bonus with tonight's NCAA tournament win. He has $204,000 in tourney bonuses so far.
                        Only $36,000, that's quite a bargain, especially since I think we made $48,000+ x6 years with the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                          This is what I liked:
                          Lufile - 6 minutes
                          Williams - 15
                          Wiggins - 5
                          Orupke - 8
                          VV - 18
                          White - 3 minutes

These guys will forever remember the tournament because they played and contributed rather than merely watched from the bench. It is a big deal to play in the Staples Center in front of 18,000 folks and on national television. What an experience for all of the players!
                          This also means that only Baker played over 30 minutes. Ohio State had 4 players who played over 30 minutes tonight. Will that matter? Maybe not, but it sure won't hurt.

The Shocks have a real shot vs. Ohio State. I like the matchup.

--'85.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Dick Vitale giving us the love on College Gameday.

AWESOME, BABY. "They play angry, and they play defense!"

Anchors are going nuts running with it.

Comment

• I don't think it's sunk in to most ShockerNet posters that we are in the E8.

This isn't getting votes in the AP poll. It's not breaking into the top 25 polls. It's not getting a top-30 RPI ranking.

We are one of the top 8 teams in the nation. A lot of people are saying we had an easy route to where we're at. All we had to do was beat a #1 seed and the #1 team in the nation to get to where we're at.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Amazing!! I don't think it has sunk in yet! Can't wait for Saturday!!

Comment

Working...
                                X