• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by fastbow
    Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
    SIT would be the word for it.
    But its more like sit arms cross, gloomy.
    Amen Rip...
    Sometimes the rich folks just look bored...
    Gee.. I wonder why?

We're only minus two starters, 1-7 in the Valley, haven't won a home Valley game to date, haven't won a game period since early January.

For some, it's human nature that losing takes a toll. It's ok to still be a gold-bleeding Shocker fan and still have doubts about your team. Not all of us are eating mushrooms and living the 24-hour happy, positive, 'we can do it' kind of life.
    thank you
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

• Originally posted by goshocks
      thank you
      Not a problem.

Just tryin' ta represent the sane side of Shocker Nation.. :)
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There wasn't a more obvious cluster of empty seats Wednesday night anywhere in Koch than in the student section. That is fact.
        I dunno. There was a pretty obvious cluster exactly opposite the student section.

To be honest, Fever, the next thing I almost expect to see out of your mouth is a request to kick all the students out, or at least remove our free tickets...

FYI, my entire group would be unable to come without free tickets.
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

• Originally posted by fastbow
          I dunno. There was a pretty obvious cluster exactly opposite the student section.

To be honest, Fever, the next thing I almost expect to see out of your mouth is a request to kick all the students out, or at least remove our free tickets...

Ya 'bow.. that's exactly what I said. How did you know that's where I was getting at?.. :roll:

You were in the student section so you obviously weren't able to see the gaping hole from rows 18 and beyond.

Ya, there were holes everywhere in CKA. But for some reason, you're ignoring the fact that you're blaming every non-student fan for not showing up and "doing their part" when you have yet to cast any blame on your fellow students that have stopped showing up. That doesn't seem to make too much sense..

Maybe you're on to something though. If students can't get out to watch a basketball game for free, maybe we should give 'em out to the general public for free and at least get somebody up in 'em.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow

Ya 'bow.. that's exactly what I said. How did you know that's where I was getting at?.. :roll:

You were in the student section so you obviously weren't able to see the gaping hole from rows 18 and beyond.

Ya, there were holes everywhere in CKA. But for some reason, you're ignoring the fact that you're blaming every non-student fan for not showing up and "doing their part" when you have yet to cast any blame on your fellow students that have stopped showing up. That doesn't seem to make too much sense..

Maybe you're on to something though. If students can't get out to watch a basketball game for free, maybe we should give 'em out to the general public for free and at least get somebody up in 'em.
            Well put Fever.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• SIU student section > WSU student Section

WSU crowd > SIU crowd

Hymm.....

Comment

• I don’t know that I can add anything new to this, and reading the often petty discourse has been arduous at best, but I'll throw my two cents in and hope that my comments don’t get my pennies hurled back at me.

Let me start by saying that I was a student during the Thompson nightmare and then had to watch Randy in all those incarnations of his black turtleneck euro trash pimp coaching wardrobe, and at one point we were still paying for this torture since student tickets, if you remember, haven’t always been free. So don’t let my miniscule number of posts fool you, I'm no neophyte.

I have felt somewhat reticent to comment after watching some of my brothers-in-arms get eviscerated by a few of the SN usual suspects--being accused falsely in one thread or another for being either fair-weather or bandwagon fans. Hopefully this crowd knows the difference and some of you can dismount from the self aggrandizing egos and appreciate that bandwagon fans, for all their newness and innocence, are good for a program and not a threat to your ivory-towered superfan statuses.

People are drawn to winning teams, and we've been good in recent history.
                Not so much this year--but if you remember--we all welcomed Marshall last year, acknowledging that there would be a time of rebuilding and reorganization.

Now some of us have forgotten that solidarity and erroneously lost our patience with Marshall, and now it seems with one another. I don't personally care how you cheer. I have the privilege to sit next to HockeyShock and BandShock and we all three have different approaches to appreciating a game, and that doesn’t make any one of us less rabid of a fan than the others.

I am not going to criticize the student section other than to ask those who are speaking without forethought in criticism of corporate sponsors/ticket holders to stand down; you are embarrassing the rest of the student body and making the alumni question the admissions process.

I just want to see a huge base of fans filling Koch arena yelling and screaming for victory instead of imploding and taking pot shots at one another. I appreciate the diversity of our fan base, but encourage a unity of spirit and an appreciation for our coach and players who are having a year that would rival the hardships in the Grapes of Wrath. :goshocks: :bball_spin:
                The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence,
                regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
                Vincent T. Lombardi (1913 - 1970)

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                  SIU student section > WSU student Section

WSU crowd > SIU crowd

Hymm.....
                  SIU has 4000 + more student enrollment.

College Gameday is in town. I imagine if Gameday came to Wichita, our students would show up too..
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I just wanted to say the the fans tonight (of all sections) did a great job.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                      I just wanted to say the the fans tonight (of all sections) did a great job.
                      yeah, the crowd was great even with the shox down by 15+. says alot about the support the shox have.

Comment

• No doubt that the fans tonight were trying to will the team to a win.

Comment

• I thought it was eerily quiet in the chuck this evening. Until we went on our little spurt which threw everybody into a frenzy.

What was funny was all of those whom left at the 8:45 mark.

I ask you this. If you want to waste money I will by all means just take that 20 bucks per ticket of your hand.

Comment

• The very beginning when we were playing such good defense and then the run in the second half were the only 'loud' moments tonight. However, as coach said in his post game with Kennedy, the fans are doing a great job of hanging with the team. I for one am impressed for the most part with the dedication.

With that said, there were people tonight and at the N. Iowa game that left when the game was in doubt. I just don't understand how getting to your car and beating the traffic by 2:00 is more important than supporting the team until the end of the game, but I'm just glad that I'm not alone and others feel that way too...

The only real negative (and the positives do outweigh the negatives here by far tonight fan-wise) is a couple of members of the softball team that sat behind us that were screaming obscenities and screaming at our players to 'SHOOT THE BALL' every time any of them would have the ball on the offensive side of the court (never mind getting a play ran, just 'shoot it you X*#^$&*!@ !!). My wife even told me that one of them said something along the lines of "You can't hit the ball if you don't swing" or something as a crude analogy. No doubt their heart was in the right place, but the 2 games (softball and basketball) are way different! Also, while we have no children, I can understand how Shocker 'parents' out there would not want their kids exposed to the language being screamed.

Ok, I'm off my high horse now. I think coach Marshall was impressed and is appreciative of us, and his comments tonight reaffirmed that.

Comment

• Just wanted to say that more of us worthless students stuck it out tonight than almost anyone else. Also, the biggest hole tonight? Section 125.

But I'm sure you all still want to kick us to the curb...
                              Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                              Students > Alumni
                              If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                              The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

• Just to clarify my opinion... while I didn't care for those couple of students yelling silly things behind us (as mentioned in the earlier post), the fans by in large were excellent--including the students (we just need more of you!). The 'early leavers' were happening all over the arena--and certainly were not limited to the student section or any other section. It still baffles me why they leave though.

Yelling doesn't bother me either--it's just the 'content' of the yelling (and the game knowledge of those yelling) that bothers me I guess.

Our students do a good job--especially considering how 'down' a year the team is having.

Comment

Working...
                                X