This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fastbow
    Just wanted to say that more of us worthless students stuck it out tonight than almost anyone else. Also, the biggest hole tonight? Section 125.

But I'm sure you all still want to kick us to the curb...
    The student section had way more people than it did on Thursday. I don't think anyone is criticizing you for tonight's showing.

I sit in Sec. 125, and I don't think there's really anything I can do about that "gap." Although I still doubt it was much bigger than the one in the Student/GA section, even though it looked smaller with all the towels in the empty seats.

Comment

Just wanted to say that more of us worthless students stuck it out tonight than almost anyone else. Also, the biggest hole tonight? Section 125.

Specifically, I think someone was having a wild cherry mudslide kind of evening somewhere else. :whistle:

The students were great last night. Much improved from the 40% no show showing at the UNI game. And allow me to clarify, the students in attendance have been OUTSTANDING all year, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Originally posted by fastbow

Specifically, I think someone was having a wild cherry mudslide kind of evening somewhere else. :whistle:

The students were great last night. Much improved from the 40% no show showing at the UNI game. And allow me to clarify, the students in attendance have been OUTSTANDING all year, period.
        thanks Doc, it sure is nice to gets some props around here, because alot of people for some reason hate the students.
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Watcj on FMW all Mitch Hiltus and Charlie Spoohour could do was talk about how great our fans are even in a down year!

"This is a very special place to play"
          Spoons :posterwsu: 8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
            Originally posted by WuDrWu

thanks Doc, it sure is nice to gets some props around here, because alot of people for some reason hate the students.
            The only "hate" for the students on here comes when some of them start criticizing the rest of the fan base for not showing up when there's a couple hundred empty seats in thier own section.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
              Originally posted by newshock1234

The only "hate" for the students on here comes when some of them start criticizing the rest of the fan base for not showing up when there's a couple hundred empty seats in thier own section.
              and look at this entire thread, it was not me saying those things, it was the other students on this board. I have the opinion of yes i wish everybody would show up, but that includes Students (its inexcusable, that we cant fill up the student section when tickets are free) and the rest of the arena

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                The only "hate" for the students on here comes when some of them start criticizing the rest of the fan base for not showing up when there's a couple hundred empty seats in their own section.
                Wow. I think I'll nominate this for "Lie of the Year." You must not read much on here because we students get hated on for FAR more then that. If one of the more active students says something about a player, they're just a homer, and don't know anything. If a student says he talks to the coach, he gets laughed at. I'm amazed you haters aren't having a party in the Garret thread.
                Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                Students > Alumni
                If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  The only "hate" for the students on here comes when some of them start criticizing the rest of the fan base for not showing up when there's a couple hundred empty seats in their own section.
                  Wow. I think I'll nominate this for "Lie of the Year." You must not read much on here because we students get hated on for FAR more then that. If one of the more active students says something about a player, they're just a homer, and don't know anything. If a student says he talks to the coach, he gets laughed at. I'm amazed you haters aren't having a party in the Garret thread.
                  The students get pretty much nothing but compliments until one of you spouts off about the other 9500.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    We don't laugh at students for saying they talked with Coach. Some of the information passed on is interesting. We're jealous, that's all. I just wish I had the time you guys do to hang around the arena and sports department. Makes we wonder when you find time to attend class.

Comment

• I've been a student since I've started posting here until this year and never had a problem with anyone. I do have a problem, as a "shockermaniac", when members of the student section come in here blasting the rest of the crowd when there are 400-500 empty seats in the student section. Before anyone says that number is exagerated remember the last 2 rows alone make up about 150+ seats and I haven't seen anyone sitting in those the last two games. While some fans have a lot of work to do there is also plenty of work for the students to do in writing the sunflower or whatever else they can think of doing to convince students to show up and support this team.

Comment

• The shockernet is full of great meaningful topics. Fans pointing their fingers and arguing amongst themselves is not one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234

100% not true! :roll:
                          SFL is back!

Comment

• The crowd last night was great. All the coaches and players really seemed to appreciate it. It's time to come together as a fan base to support this team for the rest of this year with everything we have left. Thanks for a great job last night!

Memo to the league: You better get WSU this year, because starting next year WSU won't be nearly as easy to beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFL
                              Originally posted by newshock1234

100% not true! :roll:
                              i did say some, not all

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan
                                The crowd last night was great. All the coaches and players really seemed to appreciate it. It's time to come together as a fan base to support this team for the rest of this year with everything we have left. Thanks for a great job last night!

Memo to the league: You better get WSU this year, because starting next year WSU won't be nearly as easy to beat.
                                Actually, oddly enough we've not been that easy to beat. Now the competition just needs to think of the defensive pressure and game plan we have now with at least 4 new and very talented incoming players!

Comment

Working...
                                X