Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait a minute... People are still argueing about opinions... On an internet message board... Is the sky falling? lol. Really everyone has a right to their opinions so lets just realize that and put this topic to rest. There is no way everyone is going to come around and see eye to eye on this topic. Or we can just keep beating a dead horse till everyone wants to lash out and start name calling over nothing.

Comment

• Why is everyone criticizing the students for not showing up to games??? For me, just getting to school everyday was a challenge. How many of you former & current college students rode city buses as your main transportation??? Many semesters even WSU summer school were spent relying on busing to get me back and forth from home to school. Plus I was trying to work PT on the side. Did whatever it took to get a degree.

I would`ve gone to more games as a student but the city buses dont run that late.

Comment

• Nice, '85.

I guess students don't mean jack to you until they graduate and are rich enough to sit on their hands in their front row seats. Man, I really feel the alumni love.

Maybe we should close the basketball games off to non-athlete students? That'd show those pesky non-attenders what they're missing and let all the alumni have their happy party in peace.

Oh, and there just might be a basketball game...
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

• Originally posted by fastbow
          Originally posted by SubGod22
          When the student section is packed I'll start listening to student complaints. Maybe. There are plenty in that section that aren't loud either and many that only stand because the person in front of them is.
          Where do you sit, SubGod? From my seats in the student section, I don't see anyone else standing in the whole arena after they score first...

Also, you should be grateful for the students. Without us, you wouldn't have the games to go to. After all, we could have gone to KU....
          You've already been handled by others. I sit where the ticket I have that night tells me to. Prior to this year I spent quite a bit of time in the student section with friends. Normally in the first 10 rows or so. The other night I was right next to the student section. I do applaud most of those that sit near the court, but the section as a whole isn't near as great as some of you think. You do provide a lot of emotion and help with the atmosphere. I know where I was we stood up many times last night and cheered. Again, both sides could improve on things, but I'm sick of some students coming out like they do everything and nobody else helps with the noise level. CKA doesn't get loud without the other 9500 people.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Nice, '85.

I guess students don't mean jack to you until they graduate and are rich enough to sit on their hands in their front row seats. Man, I really feel the alumni love.

Maybe we should close the basketball games off to non-athlete students? That'd show those pesky non-attenders what they're missing and let all the alumni have their happy party in peace.

:roll:

Pull your head out already.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Fans are the same everywhere. They support a winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                Originally posted by fastbow
                Originally posted by SubGod22
                When the student section is packed I'll start listening to student complaints. Maybe. There are plenty in that section that aren't loud either and many that only stand because the person in front of them is.
                Where do you sit, SubGod? From my seats in the student section, I don't see anyone else standing in the whole arena after they score first...

Also, you should be grateful for the students. Without us, you wouldn't have the games to go to. After all, we could have gone to KU....
                You've already been handled by others. I sit where the ticket I have that night tells me to. Prior to this year I spent quite a bit of time in the student section with friends. Normally in the first 10 rows or so. The other night I was right next to the student section. I do applaud most of those that sit near the court, but the section as a whole isn't near as great as some of you think. You do provide a lot of emotion and help with the atmosphere. I know where I was we stood up many times last night and cheered. Again, both sides could improve on things, but I'm sick of some students coming out like they do everything and nobody else helps with the noise level. CKA doesn't get loud without the other 9500 people.
                SIT would be the word for it.
                But its more like sit arms cross, gloomy.
                "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

• Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                  Amen Rip...
                  Sometimes the rich folks just look bored...
                  Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                  Students > Alumni
                  If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                  The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Nice, '85.

Nobody on this board has ever questioned the group of students that are obviously there to support the team. It is easy to identify them, and they are very important to the atmosphere. (But the fact of the matter is, it is alumni donations that fund the scholarships, not the students. But both have a role and function in the overall product.)

To add to what CharlieHog state so succinctly, there are some givens. Some things that just are and we should all just accept it, rather than argue about it.

Support is shown by how many walk through the arena doors. Winners will get more support than losers. You can bank on it.

Once that support is in the seats, it's up to the team to provide the entertainment by playing well and playing hard.

Everyone experiences entertainment differently. Some like to stand, some like to sit. Some like to yell. Some like to clap. Some just will enjoy the experience without doing either. Some show outward emotion, some don't. It's about the individual's personality, which isn't going to change. When the team is not playing well or playing hard, the crowd is not going to be entertained and isn't gong to show excitement. That's just the way it is. And it's that way wherever you go.

However, as students, those are your peers out there on the court. You are young, energetic, emotional and have a connection to the team that most others don't. It is natural and expected that you will be a more exuberant bunch than the rest of the crowd.

Comment

• Here's my 2 cents:

Don't tell a fan how to be a fan.
                      I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU
                        Why is everyone criticizing the students for not showing up to games??? For me, just getting to school everyday was a challenge. How many of you former & current college students rode city buses as your main transportation??? Many semesters even WSU summer school were spent relying on busing to get me back and forth from home to school. Plus I was trying to work PT on the side. Did whatever it took to get a degree.

I would`ve gone to more games as a student but the city buses dont run that late.
                        This post deserves a couple:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

lol ;-)

T

...8)

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Originally posted by BenWSU
                          Why is everyone criticizing the students for not showing up to games??? For me, just getting to school everyday was a challenge. How many of you former & current college students rode city buses as your main transportation??? Many semesters even WSU summer school were spent relying on busing to get me back and forth from home to school. Plus I was trying to work PT on the side. Did whatever it took to get a degree.

This post deserves a couple:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

lol ;-)

T

...8)

Not on the same level, but getting close: "Had to walk 5 miles to school each day in the dead of winter in 12 feet of snow, uphill both ways."

Comment

• To sum up, I want to make sure everyone knows I wasn't talking about shockernet users. You guys are most likely the best Shocker basketball fans in the world. Not a lot of people get online to discuss our team in such detail. I was talking about the people in Koch who look lifeless. When we were making our come back, which proved to be futile, unfortunately, no one was getting hype. Now that I've read a lot of opinions, and sifted through the ignorant "shut up"s and "you're stupid"s, I realize that it is the perogative of the ticket purchaser to watch the game however they please. I just wish they were more "into" the game like the fans at other venues I've seen. I was heated after the loss, but like someone said before, atleast we have good attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU

This didn't seem to be a problem in 2005 and 2006.. when we were...

WINNING.

Students are just as bad as the non-students when it comes to the "b" word..

"B" word meaning bandwagon..

There wasn't a more obvious cluster of empty seats Wednesday night anywhere in Koch than in the student section. That is fact.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                                Amen Rip...
                                Sometimes the rich folks just look bored...
                                Gee.. I wonder why?

We're only minus two starters, 1-7 in the Valley, haven't won a home Valley game to date, haven't won a game period since early January.

For some, it's human nature that losing takes a toll. It's ok to still be a gold-bleeding Shocker fan and still have doubts about your team. Not all of us are eating mushrooms and living the 24-hour happy, positive, 'we can do it' kind of life.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X