No announcement yet.

Jake White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it that we have a glue guy starting (Tekele) and a glue guy coming in off the bench (Jake). I'll take Jake on my team any day of the week and I'm glad we have him for two more years.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      What'd you want WSU to do? Keep their starters in?

They may have been "garbage" points, but if you watched the game at all, Jake was giving 130% throughout his time. Aggressive and forceful. Could have just mailed it in with a score that lopsided.

Would have been interesting to see your reaction if EO scored his 18 (which he has not done yet) in garbage time and whether the same things you've brought up on Jake would have been brought up on EO.
      Whatever point you are trying to make is a complete fail.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Pease pass the white-chocolate...
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Cold, is there anything that leads you to believe White would have performed worse if the game had been on the line?

I was down on White earlier in the year, but he's educated me and now I'm buying stock in White.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I don't understand why anyone would snipe at a struggling player's success. It gives the impression that you are (1) rooting against him; and (2) a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Cold, is there anything that leads you to believe White would have performed worse if the game had been on the line?

I was down on White earlier in the year, but he's educated me and now I'm buying stock in White.
              All I did was make an observation that White "turned it on" after the game was well in hand. I'm not down on White. I hope he becomes a beast. I'm just thankful that if he doesn't turn it around, coach will have him in deep freeze. I still burn from the Rob Kampman days and how Turd started him almost every game for what seemed like 20 years all because he was a senior. I'm glad those days are over.

T

Comment

White was a spark plug in the first half when Bradley kept taking the lead. When he came in he immediately got a couple boards, at least one bucket, and at least one assist in like no time. Other starters continued to turn the ball over but White was easily the most solid player in those minutes.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                  I don't understand why anyone would snipe at a struggling player's success. It gives the impression that you are (1) rooting against him; and (2) a dick.
                  I'm definitely a dick, but I'm not rooting against Jake. In fact, I haven't thought much about him until this thread was started. He really hasn't been having much impact on the games lately. My focus is on Malcolm, Cle', Hall, Cotton, and DWill (and on a lesser extent EO, FVV, and Wiggins) as those are the players that are going to bring us to the promised land. At this point I don't see Jake being much more than a role player. I just hope he continues to rebound hard and stays alert on defense.

T

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                    It's worse than that. He's not even struggling anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      It's worse than that. He's not even struggling anymore.
                      Ummm... I wouldn't go that far unless you have a different definition than most of what it means to not struggle. When he was 1-5 at the line he didn't have the look of cool confidence. He looked like he was really hurting. The fact that he kept trying even harder after that says a lot about his character. I don't think anybody questions his character. It's all about whether or not he can get the job done that HCGM is asking of him. He has two years left but there are A LOT of solid athletes coming in next year that are playing his position with more size. He needs to dial it in now.

T

Comment

• jake white sounded very comfortable on the post game interview. by god, i think he can handle the spotlight.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          I'm definitely a dick, but I'm not rooting against Jake. In fact, I haven't thought much about him until this thread was started. He really hasn't been having much impact on the games lately. My focus is on Malcolm, Cle', Hall, Cotton, and DWill (and on a lesser extent EO, FVV, and Wiggins) as those are the players that are going to bring us to the promised land. At this point I don't see Jake being much more than a role player. I just hope he continues to rebound hard and stays alert on defense.

T

I think you just have a man crush on EO and all other men fail in comparison.

Move on, old man, EO will never be yours no matter how much you hate on the white man bustin his @$$.

Comment

I'm definitely a dick

T

Well said.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Ummm... I wouldn't go that far unless you have a different definition than most of what it means to not struggle. When he was 1-5 at the line he didn't have the look of cool confidence. He looked like he was really hurting. The fact that he kept trying even harder after that says a lot about his character. I don't think anybody questions his character. It's all about whether or not he can get the job done that HCGM is asking of him. He has two years left but there are A LOT of solid athletes coming in next year that are playing his position with more size. He needs to dial it in now.

T

Ummm, based on your definition Carl Hall's game is struggling too. Not hitting free throws is NOT the definition of a player's _game_ struggling.

In fact by your definition Shaquille O'Neal struggled his entire career.

Comment

• Well, we have established that Cold is a dick and apparently HC3G likes Jake White or he wouldn't appear in the lineup so often because there are other options.

Comment

Working...
                                X