No announcement yet.

Jake White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I had my capitulation removed when I was a teenager.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
      I understand he is only a Sophomore, but I had high hopes for him this year. Unfortunately, he seems to have taken a step back or at very best is stagnant in his growth.

He is almost continuously getting beat(slow feet) on the defensive end, his three point shooting is below 10%, and I have yet to see a real post move from Jake.

What do you guys think? Where does he fit in, in his next two seasons at WSU?
      Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
      And for the record, the original purpose of this thread was not because I don't like Jake White or because I don't think he can eventually become a great player. I just felt like before tonight he looked lost out on the court most of the time.

Hopefully his performance tonight will help springboard him into a great ending to the season.

We shall see.
      Perhaps you should have written your post differently. First, Jake's playing more minutes this year than last, so HCGM may not agree with your back slide comment.

Secondly, did you look at his previous 5 Valley games before the MSU game? I think you'll find them solid. For the year, Jake is shooting poorly from 3, but just how much better than .683 (28-41) from 2 does he need to be? He's 3rd on the Shocks in rebounding during Valley play, only 4 behind (48 to 52) Cold's boyfriend and ahead in offensive rebounds.

Lastly, using the MSU game as a point of reference for Jake's game was a bad example as many played poorly that game.

Comment

• I sure hope this doesn't doesn't get to 3000 posts. #0 is the only player with potential we need to be worried about.
        "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
        Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

• I'm happy for Jake. I have a feeling that Coach told him to concentrate on some other ways to score and help the team besides shooting the perimeter shot for a little while. He played a great game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            I'm happy for Jake. I have a feeling that Coach told him to concentrate on some other ways to score and help the team besides shooting the perimeter shot for a little while. He played a great game.

Coach said after the Missouri State game he told Jake to work his game closer to the basket. Jake did that in the Bradley game. I liked that 15 foot jumper he hit.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
              Coach said after the Missouri State game he told Jake to work his game closer to the basket. Jake did that in the Bradley game. I liked that 15 foot jumper he hit.
              That was nice, off of nicely timed entry pass from Nick IIRC. The thing about that shot is the it seemed instinctive.

The other non-rebounding play Jake made that caught my eye was the shovel pass in the lane to Carl for a basket. Very nice indeed.

Comment

• To be fair.. when Graham come to the Shockers fresh off his mission, he was slow as molasses and that is saying a lot when you consider that the Turgeon teams were not fast team to begin with. It was fairly unanimous on ShockerNet that GH was in trouble unless he made a major turnaround. Well he turned out to be the hardest working player Turd or HCGM had ever coached and contributed greatly in his own way (he was never really athletic). I was one of GH's biggest fans and it was very early on. I think you're misremembering. I will also say that GH was from a different Shocker era and might be a bit out of place on our current team. And when I say current I mean right now. I think even Wessel would be struggling at the speed we are playing now. Baker better bring it when he returns.

Probably doing this wrong since I am new at this but Cold...when did GH play for Turgeon? I thought his first year here was Marshalls first year here. What makes you an expert and I am curious...did you ever play this game? Its not easy and when you are down on a part of your game you make up for it in other ways which I think Jake has done. Do you really think his team mates share your opinion because that is what is important

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  That was nice, off of nicely timed entry pass from Nick IIRC. The thing about that shot is the it seemed instinctive.

The other non-rebounding play Jake made that caught my eye was the shovel pass in the lane to Carl for a basket. Very nice indeed.
                  Bradley went to a zone and the middle opened up like the Red Sea. Jake saw it and broke to the opposite elbow and Nick hit him. They recognized the zone defense immediately and attacked it like the text books say.

Comment

Working...
                  X