Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the ignore option.

Comment

• I like the intelligent use of the word 'capitulation'...awesome!

Comment

• Maybe we should pick a different player and call them out this week so they can dominate our next game.

Hey guys what's the deal with, uh, tekele cotton? Sure he's been good on defense but he just hasn't seemed to be clicking on all cylinders...

Who else should we try? I say DWill. What's the deal with DWill? He only had one or two game changing steals last game and he just looked lost out there trying to keep up mentally with his own speed. It's gotta be hard. An out of body experience every time your legs take off like that for the basket and your mind can't even keep up.

Comment

• Nice game by Jake. Good to see that effort rewarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            "Complete capitulation of his game." On this matter you are more lost than a cow patty on an iceberg at sea. Happy sailing.
            I'm submitting this to the "cow patty HOF" references.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Ummm.. Jake White has in fact been yanked more often than Kung Wu's willy after WstateU posts one of his trademark pics by HCGM this year due to scatterbrain play and overall lack of effectiveness. The only person that has less mpg's than White is Lufile and it isn't by much. I'm hoping that Jake plays with the same intensity he did tonight when the game is on the line as he will surely earn a few more mpg's. We are going to need everybody playing at a high level if we are to win it all.

And if "we" are just now establishing that I am a dick... well.. I don't know what to say about that. I thought I had that award sealed up long before you pressed the power button on your first Packard Bell.

T

...:cool:
              You had me at Pong!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                What do you mean? Are you implying that I am against Jake White for some reason? Jake had a nice stretch after he was 1-5 from the FT line and did most of his work after the game was loong over. He is definitely struggling and I feel for him. He showed some tremendous effort though with the loose ball and time-out call. You gotta love his effort. Some of his rebounds were gutsy.
                He finished the game 5-9, sohe then went 4 of 4...the cup may be half full instead of all empty.

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                What do you mean? Are you implying that I am against Jake White for some reason? Jake had a nice stretch after he was 1-5 from the FT line and did most of his work after the game was loong over. He is definitely struggling and I feel for him. He showed some tremendous effort though with the loose ball and time-out call. You gotta love his effort. Some of his rebounds were gutsy.
                Jake
                White did his work while he was in the game, and like every other player on ANY team,only while he was in the game. Duh.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Something tells me 3G doesn't share Cold's viewpoint on Jake.

Comment

• Jake is a very good rebounder. I don't know if it is his positioning, his timing or what. He always tips and comes close to 2,3 balls a game that he doesn't get.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      He finished the game 5-9, sohe then went 4 of 4...the cup may be half full instead of all empty.
                      It was really 5-8 after they gave one of EO's misses to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        It was really 5-8 after they gave one of EO's misses to him.
                        Yes. In the first half, Jake was going to the line for a 1 and 1 and the officials decided that EO was supposed to be at the line instead. EO missed the front end (and went 1-2 in the second half), but Jake was credited on the box score for that missed front end.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I wonder if we can get this thread to 3-4k posts too

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            Jake is a very good rebounder. I don't know if it is his positioning, his timing or what. He always tips and comes close to 2,3 balls a game that he doesn't get.
                            Still recall a televised game last season where the national announcers highlighted, two or three different times, Jake getting rebounding position even before the shooter began to look for the shot and exclaimed how remarkable that was for anybody, but particularly a true freshman. I would add to that how many time we've seen Jake have the opponent on his left hip and holding him off with his left arm while securing the ball with only his right arm to his chest. A thing of beauty.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Jake White: El Toro Blanco
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Geno Ford's comments in today's Eagle were funny and interesting.

“He’s just out-competing us for the ball,” Ford said. “For Jake White to get six offensive rebounds off the bench, that’s a problem. Give him a lot of credit, the kid played hard and flew around. But it’s not like he’s getting them up at the top of the white square.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/01/26/265...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Working...
                                X