Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has GREG MARSHALL BENCHED CHADRACK LUFILE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Lufile has a year under his belt and a whole off-season to train and get better. I expect him to pick up some of the slack next year and be a better contributor. He now knows what it takes to get on the floor.
    Agree with this. I don't think Chad has "settled down" his emotions even to date. When he gets some time, he seems overanxious, to me, anyway. I do like the way he plays the ball screens deep toward center court and still gets back to defend. One on one in the post, however, he defense appears weaker, though.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      K. Coleby - not overrated. He'll be the best big man in the league, mark it down. Early will be the best 3-4 in the league - he already is
      R u serious Doc!!! I haven't even known about this guy. Tell us more please. Where'd he come from, how big, who recruited him, etc. ????

Also...whatever happened to the 6-10 kid from New York I believe. Henry something??? Didn't he sign last spring???
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        R u serious Doc!!! I haven't even known about this guy. Tell us more please. Where'd he come from, how big, who recruited him, etc. ????
        I believe this was the main thread discussing Kadeem Coleby.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 14, 2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Also...whatever happened to the 6-10 kid from New York I believe. Henry something??? Didn't he sign last spring???
          I believe Henry ended up at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Not sure if the Shocks are still interested in him or not. I suppose it depends on how he does at Kirkwood.

Looks like he reshirted this year. Shades of EO.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I believe Henry ended up at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Not sure if the Shocks are still interested in him or not. I suppose it depends on how he does at Kirkwood.

http://www.kirkwoodeagles.com/roster/11/1.php
            Wasn't he also going to redshirt one of those years?

Comment

• We're definitely still tracking Henry.

Comment

• So Henry is at a CC. Okay. Do we know why though? Grades or something? I was under the impression he was a big-time recruit for us ready to play next year.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• No question, losing CH will hurt, BUT if Coleby is as good as he sounds we could be awfully damn good next year. Imagine CE turning ten pounds of baby fat into lean muscle and JW the same. That's three solid big guys. Get some quality time from CL, Watson, and maybe Shaq and we have a lot of depth with little worry about foul trouble. And we haven't even addressed the teams strength yet. Fred at point with Baker, TC, Wessel, Wiggins and Green on the wings. If Coleby pans out like you say I think we are looking at about a 3-4 seeding next year and a sweep of CU their last year !

Comment

• If Lufile and Watson are both playing next year, then who's the odd man out? I know coach wouldn't want to give up on any of his guards.

Comment

So Henry is at a CC. Okay. Do we know why though? Grades or something? I was under the impression he was a big-time recruit for us ready to play next year.
                      He didn't clear the Clearinghouse. However I don't think he was ready to play either.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

So Henry is at a CC. Okay. Do we know why though? Grades or something? I was under the impression he was a big-time recruit for us ready to play next year.
                        I think Henry has always been considered somewhat of a project along the lines of Ehimen.

Comment

• Originally posted by garylee View Post
                          No question, losing CH will hurt, BUT if Coleby is as good as he sounds we could be awfully damn good next year. Imagine CE turning ten pounds of baby fat into lean muscle and JW the same. That's three solid big guys. Get some quality time from CL, Watson, and maybe Shaq and we have a lot of depth with little worry about foul trouble. And we haven't even addressed the teams strength yet. Fred at point with Baker, TC, Wessel, Wiggins and Green on the wings. If Coleby pans out like you say I think we are looking at about a 3-4 seeding next year and a sweep of CU their last year !
                          We'll be really good if everyone I am counting on stays healthy. 14-4 is the worst we'll do in conference. 18-0 is very much possible. That's right, I said it.

Comment

We'll be really good if everyone I am counting on stays healthy. 14-4 is the worst we'll do in conference. 18-0 is very much possible. That's right, I said it.
                            What if we lose three starters for 7 games?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Then I'm looking forward to next year even more than I thought.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Perhaps we should start calling you Mr. Dickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X