No announcement yet.

Marshall to issue statement...Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They probably gave all of their money to the ol ball coach.

Comment

I'm just saying that there is nothing to confirm or deny (as far as I know), so what can he really say?

Can you really expect someone to turn down a job offer that they haven't heard? Some may say yes, but I think they would be thinking as a fan, not as a regular person. This is HCGM career. How many of you would just say "no" if there was a possibility that someone could bring along a job offer that you would like more. And this isn't limited to South Carolina. As WSU gets better, more offers will come his way.

Comment

Why would someone need to talk to their boss and family about something that doesn't exist?

Comment

Somethin's rotten in Denmark. If GM wasn't interested in the job, how difficult and how long would it have taken today in a one sentence blurb, "I am removing my name from consideration for the SC job". It's that simple.

I'm just hoping come Monday he will sit down and read a prepared speech it took him all weekend to write saying how Wichita is now his home and he intends on remaining focused on his mission to make the Shox a Top 25 program once again.

Comment

^Well, it is a life changing decision.

Comment

i will be shocked if the press conference is something as easy as "I'm staying." I think he's already been offered the SC job for next season, and that's why he's having a press conference on monday, to either take it or leave it

Comment

How does he know he is interested if he hasn't heard an offer? It's not like the Washington State job just opened up. This is the big school from his home state, and there is at least fan interest in him. How dumb would it be to say "no" to something that could be good for you and your family before you hear it (if it even comes). And even if they do offer, what is to say it would be good for him?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                  Somethin's rotten in Denmark. If GM wasn't interested in the job, how difficult and how long would it have taken today in a one sentence blurb, "I am removing my name from consideration for the SC job". It's that simple.

I'm just hoping come Monday he will sit down and read a prepared speech it took him all weekend to write saying how Wichita is now his home and he intends on remaining focused on his mission to make the Shox a Top 25 program once again.
                  The only thing anyone knows for sure is that Dave Odom is retiring, and that the media and fans have speculated that he is a leading candidate...

I doubt he would leave the players hanging with a game to be played. He's out of town, needs to consult with JS and his wife, and then needs to address it. He's preparing for a game today, has to play it tomorrow, and come home to talk on Sunday....

Grab an umbrella before you catch a cold..... :D

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :clap: :clap: :clap:
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

For some reassurement, read the words of Paul Suellentrop, who has spoken in person with Marshall the past few days:

Comment

how are you all so sure that there hasn't been a job offer made? do any of you know for a fact? no you don't. It's quite possible that GM has already been contacted by South Carolina, in fact it would not surprise me at all

Comment

48 hours is still a long time... just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                          how are you all so sure that there hasn't been a job offer made? do any of you know for a fact? no you don't. It's quite possible that GM has already been contacted by South Carolina, in fact it would not surprise me at all
                          And we should care what you think, why?

1. Odom is coaching till the end of the season

2. SC has not asked for permission to talk to Marshall. Any contact without permission would be tampering. Thus I think a job offer is very unlikely at this point.

3. Marshall is probably not even the front runner for the position.

Comment

South Carolina has three months to fill their vacancy. They need to make the absolute right hire at this point as their fans seem a bit angry at the last 30 years of basketball. There is no way they offer someone the job without an interview. Is HCGM going to interview between now and Monday?

It is way too soon to be thinking about GM to South Carolina. They will first get a list of candidates and then whittle them down. That is the beauty of the mid-season retirement. They have all the time in the world to make the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Flanders
                              South Carolina has three months to fill their vacancy. They need to make the absolute right hire at this point as their fans seem a bit angry at the last 30 years of basketball. There is no way they offer someone the job without an interview. Is HCGM going to interview between now and Monday?

It is way too soon to be thinking about GM to South Carolina. They will first get a list of candidates and then whittle them down. That is the beauty of the mid-season retirement. They have all the time in the world to make the right choice.
                              True. More I think about it Monday will probably be your..."Today I am coaching Wichita State and right now my only concern is winning games...."and so on. He will probably leave it open for later on in March if/when he gets an interview.

No real reason to worry about it. It's not fun having this come up, but I'm looking forward to giving this team and coaching staff all the support I can muster!! GO SHOX!
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Nothing is gonna be settled Monday, next Tuesday, the 10th day of February or the 2nd day of March. Nothing will be known until AFTER the season ends IMO. He may say there's nothing to worry about in the presser on Monday just to keep the psyche of the players and fans intact until the season ends.

Waiting for a presser til Monday is definitely weird. If there was nothing to say or nothing going on , don't you think he just woulda said 'I'm not interested in the job, period" and that's that?

Anyone who thinks there's less than a 10% chance of Marshall going needs dark shades and an eye-seeing dog..

Sometimes the truth hurts.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X