Marshall to issue statement...Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall to issue statement...Monday

Of course this will not happen but I suggest we let this topic rest until we here from the coach on Monday.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Color me nervous.
      YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

So Let's see if Tony Dungy and Coach will stick around. Very interesting day on monday

Comment

I for one think this is good news
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I'm sure not a single person affiliated with the Athletic Department pays one bit of attention to this website. NOT.

They can say don't all they want to but you know they get word. All of the doom and gloom on this site and with the media is whipping the rumor mill into a frenzy, he has no choice but to address it publicly or he won't be able to do his job.

Whatever he decides to do is his decision. He can't leave the cupboard any worse than he found it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
              Whatever he decides to do is his decision. He can't leave the cupboard any worse than he found it.
              that is so true

Comment

This is a must for Marshall to do, especially if he gonna say that he is staying. Because it reallly puts our recruits in a bind

Comment

Frick!

1. He wants to talk to his wife
                  2. He wants to talk to Jim to "see how to handle this"

It just sounds like a train ride out of here.

Comment

I don't like the comment about talking to the wife

Comment

Talking to Jim would is a no-brainer before making any statement, which he's obviously being pressured to do.

Talking to his wife could just as likely be to get her "seal of approval" for staying in Wichita.

I, for one, am glad he is going to address this one way or the other.

Comment

Re: Frick!

Originally posted by hamshock
                        1. He wants to talk to his wife
                        2. He wants to talk to Jim to "see how to handle this"

It just sounds like a train ride out of here.
                        No, he is going to talk to his boss and make sure he is safe even with the bad year. He is going to talk to his wife and make sure she is happy in Wichita. Then he is going to tell everyone the results of that conversation.

Either he will confirm he is staying, or he will tell everyone that his focus is on Wichita State and address anything not regarding Wichita State after the season is over.

BTW...expect to hear the phrase "I am the Head Coach of Wichita State University and will be the Head Coach of Wichita State University."

Comment

Originally posted by wxkid23
                          I don't like the comment about talking to the wife
                          He wouldn't have taken the job without her support. All he is doing is what any of us would do before saying we were going to stay or move with a job...make sure his family is happy.

Comment

Capitol,

Typically I agree with your takes but I have to disagree with you on the cupboard bare comment. If he leaves after one year we are in significantly worse shape than we were when he came in. Significantly.

Honestly, I think the only thing he could say on Monday to quell the rumors is that he will not be a candidate for the SC job under any circumstances (or words that clearly express that meaning). Anything short of that only fans the flame, imo.

He had to know there was a high probability the SC job would open when he took this job. I just can't imagine he would have pulled up stakes and moved his young family here if there was a chance he would be gone after a year.

I'll keep telling myself that until Monday...
                            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

I agree we would be in the worst shape we have been in since the bad days. We would not have much returning and most if not all the recruits would leave and most of the good players for next year have signed unless you go strictly juco and you see how that worked out this year. If he does leave take a long shot and hire a man that can get us out of this mess even though he has never coached. Sign X man and let him sign Cheese's boy and even give him an assistant job. At least then we would sign a impact player and who knows whom he might bring with him or be able to keep some of the recruits. I know this is far out and a big gamble, but what the heck if it dont work it wont be any worse that what it bring otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X