No announcement yet.

Marshall to issue statement...Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^most of the documented cases of MPD are from the US.

Comment

Yeah, there is the on drugs, painkillers, and steroids personality, and the sober one that remembers nothing of what happened while doped up.

Comment

Which is worse: Multiple personality disorder or multiple posting disorder???

Comment

multiple posting obviously...

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
            That's because we're such a selfish nation, we're not even satisfied with one of ourselves.

But seriously, I don't think there is going to be any job offer. I can't really recall any instances of a coach announcing mid-season that he's going to take another job.

What I think is happening is he is deciding exactly how to deflect the situation. Here is my guess of the two things we might hear on Monday.

1) I am the coach of Wichita State and we're in the middle of the basketball season. Anything that doesn't involve preparing for and playing our next game is counter-productive.

OR

2) I am not and will not be a candidate for the head coaching position at the University of South Carolina.

Basically, is he going to put this to rest for good (in coaching terms) or just until the season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              Originally posted by Hotel Paper
              That's because we're such a selfish nation, we're not even satisfied with one of ourselves.

But seriously, I don't think there is going to be any job offer. I can't really recall any instances of a coach announcing mid-season that he's going to take another job.

What I think is happening is he is deciding exactly how to deflect the situation. Here is my guess of the two things we might hear on Monday.

1) I am the coach of Wichita State and we're in the middle of the basketball season. Anything that doesn't involve preparing for and playing our next game is counter-productive.

OR

2) I am not and will not be a candidate for the head coaching position at the University of South Carolina.

Basically, is he going to put this to rest for good (in coaching terms) or just until the season is over.
              Royal, you're totally full of CR..... logic and reason.... :goshocks:
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I know that we're all very nervous--even the ones trying to look at this with a positive outlook. However, we all need to have some perspective ON WHAT HAS HAPPENED SO FAR, which is nothing.

I'm as worried as anyone, and I'm also cautiously optimistic that coach will quell all of our worries and say he has no intentions of taking any other jobs.

But for cryin' out loud, are we going to just post over and over and over about what MIGHT happen or MIGHT NOT happen? Hey, to each their own, but I for one am done posting about this until we actually have more information--new information.

Save yourself the ulcer and find a hobby for the next few days. We'll know more on Monday.

Just keep remembering it's a great day every day to be a Shocker. It'll be a great day to be a Shocker tomorrow, and it'll still be a great day to be a Shocker when the press conference ends on Monday regardless of the message that's delivered that day.

It's out of our hands. Coach knows we support him, and that we want him to stay. I'm sure between the emails he's probably gotten, the calls on the radio show the other night, fans at games, etc, etc, etc... he knows. Whether it's enough to help convince him to stay is not known, but whatever is going to happen will happen, and we'll deal with the aftermath later.

Go Shox... let's kick some Saluki booty.

Comment

Correction... it's not a press conference--he's issuing a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                    Correction... it's not a press conference--he's issuing a statement.
                    Yeah, he's issuing a statement in front of tv and reporters.

Comment

Winthrop fans talking a little about it:

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                        Winthrop fans talking a little about it:

http://www.winthropfans.com/viewtopi...b2bdf9a052a098
                        I saw that. I tried to add a comment when that nerd said something about living in Kansas, but this thread was quickly locked for some reason.

Comment

As far as I can tell there has been nothing done on South Carolina's side except their coach resigned. There may be a lot of speculation on the internet, but what does Marshall have to comment about?

He can say that he is staying, but where is he going? He hasn't been offered anything. It's the middle of the season. So much can happen in the next three months that to speculate on anything is foolish. If South Carolina offers him something, and he has to make a decision, then ask what he is going to do.

For all we know he can say he's staying (because once again, where is he going?), and South Carolina could offer $2M a year. Anyone going to fault him for going back on his word?

Comment

are any of the other rumored coaches releasing statements?

Comment

Originally posted by Flanders
                              As far as I can tell there has been nothing done on South Carolina's side except their coach resigned. There may be a lot of speculation on the internet, but what does Marshall have to comment about?

He can say that he is staying, but where is he going? He hasn't been offered anything. It's the middle of the season. So much can happen in the next three months that to speculate on anything is foolish. If South Carolina offers him something, and he has to make a decision, then ask what he is going to do.

For all we know he can say he's staying (because once again, where is he going?), and South Carolina could offer $2M a year. Anyone going to fault him for going back on his word?
                              No but from what I read I don't think they can afford a whole lot more than what we are offering. But if he does have an "out" in his contract and being his ties...I still wouldn't hold a grudge.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

i just read this and I think he is thinking about the offer. whether he takes it is another thing. i am officially officially worried. yikes. :cry:
                                ________
                                Suzuki Re5 Specifications
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Working...
                                X