No announcement yet.

Marshall to issue statement...Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say GM takes the free press and makes a big deal that he's staying in Wichita. The fact that our coach is getting offers from SEC and Big East schools and is deciding to stay in Wichita is nothing but good news to big time recruits.

It's a great day...
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Not to fan any flames but it's going to make its way here eventually.

According to a USC board, Marshall has an out in his contract should USC come calling.

I seem to recall this was known by us when Marshall came here. Does anyone else recall?

Comment

KWCH said he`s an SC football season ticket holder and friends with Spurrier.

Comment

the fact that he is even addressing this is enough to scare me. SC is his home, and the job is soon to be open. Obviously he's not gonna make a decision at this point, but it wouldn't surprise me if we are looking for 2 new coaches next year!

Comment

Anybody else hear the rumor that Danny Ainge is in town this weekend?

Comment

I doubt he will say anything of substance on Monday. He was probably just caught off-guard by the whole thing.

Comment

He has two ways to go.

1. I will not listen to any job offers fron SCU or anyone else. I am the head coach at WSU and I swear, I promise, I pledge, that I will continue to be. If I am not the head coach at WSU next season, may God strike me dead!.................not likely.......

2. I am the head coach at WSU and that's where my focus is. All this needless speculation does nothing but hurt our program. I have not been contacted by them, and I do not expect to be. My attention is on our Shocker basketball program and winning the MVC title.........uh-oh....

Comment

If he gets jobs at SC, will he be like Turgeon and mention taking recruits to football games???

Comment

What about Don Kennedy. Is he still available?
                    It is a great day to be a SHOCKER!!!!

Comment

Paul Suellentrop says we shouldnt be too concerned

Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

He is as good as gone. Although, I don't think he will admit it in his Monday statement. I know HCGM is a direct person, but he will say his current commitment is WSU basketball and nothing else...blah, blah, blah. That is how the game is played...nothing happens until offseason.

Let's face it, HCGM is frustrated with the lack of talent and losses, he is not adjusting well to MVC play, and, most important, SC is home.

Fellow Shocker fans, get ready for another decade of horrific basketball. Yeah. :roll:

Comment

I remember there being speculation about SC because of the situation there; I don't remember there being any mention of an out in his contract. If the buyout in his contract is similar to Turgeon's, he wouldn't need an "out" because the buyout was pitifully small. Any school of substance would pay that at the drop of a hat.

Kennedy is still available....
                          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

IMO, Marshall basically has two choices on what to say Monday to retain my respect.

1. "I am taking my name out of consideration for the SC job, and will be the WSU coach in 08-09."

2. "I have accepted the SC job, and announce my resignation immediately. An interim coach will complete the season while the school searches for my permanent replacement."

Obviously #2 is quite a stretch, and would require Marshall telling SC that if he's their guy, they need to let him know now.

What absolutely cannot happen is for Marshall to issue some ambiguous statement that he is not going to talk about these issues until the season is over.

There is nothing worse than leaving a program in limbo for 2 1/2 months. We will surely lose some recruits, and the current players will have no focus. There is a big difference between this situation and leaving a program in limbo for a week at the end of the season. This situation has the possiblity of being very damaging.

Marshall needs to come out and either say he's staying or he's leaving. Period. Not that this will happen, except in a perfect world, but that's my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27
                              IMO, Marshall basically has two choices on what to say Monday to retain my respect.

1. "I am taking my name out of consideration for the SC job, and will be the WSU coach in 08-09."

2. "I have accepted the SC job, and announce my resignation immediately. An interim coach will complete the season while the school searches for my permanent replacement."

Obviously #2 is quite a stretch, and would require Marshall telling SC that if he's their guy, they need to let him know now.

What absolutely cannot happen is for Marshall to issue some ambiguous statement that he is not going to talk about these issues until the season is over.

There is nothing worse than leaving a program in limbo for 2 1/2 months. We will surely lose some recruits, and the current players will have no focus. There is a big difference between this situation and leaving a program in limbo for a week at the end of the season. This situation has the possiblity of being very damaging.

Marshall needs to come out and either say he's staying or he's leaving. Period. Not that this will happen, except in a perfect world, but that's my two cents.
                              I agree completely.

Comment

CJP:

Agreed.

Choice two, while obviously not what anyone wants (perhaps save the Cowley coach), at least lets the program know where it is. Which is then likely up feces ford without a paddle... but at least we'll know where we are!
                                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Working...
                                X