MVC Non-Conference Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    You will need to add the name Wiggins to the team on the left by the time January 17th rolls around.
    Not that I disagree. I was just thinking last night that I was hoping to see more of him last night. But whose minutes does he take?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Not that I disagree. I was just thinking last night that I was hoping to see more of him last night. But whose minutes does he take?
      Exactly. Are you going to take minutes away from Cotton, Wessel or Baker? Wessel and Baker play very good D and shoot well. Cotton hasn't shot well, but he D's up and boards like crazy. Minutes will get even more difficult when Early starts playing more on the wing which you know will happen. Wiggins may be a great talent, but if he can't earn minutes by playing D and rebounding, he's not going to get a lot of minutes.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'm not real anxious to jump on Creighton over the loss to Boise State. Boise apprarently is a decent team and they are very few teams that can make it through a year without a few setbacks and bumps in the road.

This upcoming road game at Air Force is exactly the kind of game that has bump in the road potential. Hopefully, the virus that CJ had on Tuesday and that Carl had yesterday won't spread into a broader problem. OTOH, it sounds like one of those 24-hour deals as CJ certainly seemed to make a quick recovery and, of course, Carl simply ignored it and swatted it away like it was Tulsa break away dunk attempt.

Comment

• Boise State isn't a bad team. We could potentially hiccup at Air Force. They're also a decent team. However, AF is on the road. Creighton got beat down by 13 at HOME. A supposed Top 15 team doesn't lose to the Boise States of the world at home by 13. From that standpoint, not even counting the fact that it's sCUm, makes the piling on a bit more justified.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Boise State isn't a bad team. We could potentially hiccup at Air Force. They're also a decent team. However, AF is on the road. Creighton got beat down by 13 at HOME. A supposed Top 15 team doesn't lose to the Boise States of the world at home by 13. From that standpoint, not even counting the fact that it's sCUm, makes the piling on a bit more justified.
            Oh, it's justifiable no doubt. Just not sure it creates the best karma in the world. Which basically means I'm full of crap!

Comment

• When has not tempting karma ever paid off for the Shocks?

Just sayin.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                In all fairness to Creighton, when the opponent shoots 60 percent for the game, there's not much you can do.
                Really? I'll spare you the quote...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

When has not tempting karma ever paid off for the Shocks?

Just sayin.
                  Had to think about that. How would you know?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    Really? I'll spare you the quote...

Yeah, really. Reminds me of how we whooped UNLV last season by shooting 59.3 percent for the game and 52.2 percent from the three line. UNLV actually shot well, 47 percent for the game but caught us on a hot night. It happens. Hard to beat teams when they are on fire the entire night.

Comment

• I think that Greg McDermott thinks of defense the way most people think of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It would be nice to have, but who knows how to get it or if it is even a real thing.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        I think that Greg McDermott thinks of defense the way most people think of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It would be nice to have, but who knows how to get it or if it is even a real thing.
                        Haha this is awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          Creighton losing to anyone other than us is not good. We need the Valley to be strong out of conference. We had the chance to put a hurtin' on a top ten team in January and spike up in the polls. Now we'll put a hurtin' on just a top 25 team and get a slight bump up in the polls.

BUT, it feels sooooo gooooooooooooooooooddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Had to think about that. How would you know?
                            Dunno, but if pissing off karma hurts, then doing the opposite must also be true, right?

Comment

Dunno, but if pissing off karma hurts, then doing the opposite must also be true, right?
                              All's I know is I'm getting a headache!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                All's I know is I'm getting a headache!
                                Let's all just be douche's. It's more fun, anyway. And holding our tongues out of fearing karma, probably doesn't work. Therefore we will have missed our chance to be, well, dicks, and wallow in the sorrows of our enemies. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X