X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honesty, I'm happieeee!
    In the fast lane

Comment

• We don't need Creighton wins. We need WSU wins. Eff 'em. Avoid the proverbial Evansville/Drake losses and we're good. I hope Creighton loses out.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I am disappointed Cu lost (although a small part of me is smiling). I was hoping they would be ranked in the top 10 when we played them. Oh well they may recover and still be a top 10 team when we play.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
          I am disappointed Cu lost (although a small part of me is smiling). I was hoping they would be ranked in the top 10 when we played them. Oh well they may recover and still be a top 10 team when we play.
          Screw that. I'd rather WE were a top 10 team when we play. They can lick the bottom of my shoes.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Screw that. I'd rather WE were a top 10 team when we play. They can lick the bottom of my shoes.
            Actually I hope we BOTH are top 10 teams when we play in Wichita. That would be our best chance to get ESPN Game Day to Wichita.

We need some signature wins and Creighton is our best hope this season. The win at VCU (4-3) could also look very good by the end of the season, but there isn't much else on our schedule this year that is going to pop out as a signature win.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
              Actually I hope we BOTH are top 10 teams when we play in Wichita. That would be our best chance to get ESPN Game Day to Wichita.

We need some signature wins and Creighton is our best hope this season. The win at VCU (4-3) could also look very good by the end of the season, but there isn't much else on our schedule this year that is going to pop out as a signature win.
              I would gladly cash in an ESPN Game Day for Creighton getting an NIT invite this year while we dance.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I laughed at the cheers that were made when the score was announced at halftime. I know it looks bad for the Valley and diminishes the shine of the league a bit, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't smiling when I heard that result.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Creighton losing to anyone other than us is not good. We need the Valley to be strong out of conference. We had the chance to put a hurtin' on a top ten team in January and spike up in the polls. Now we'll put a hurtin' on just a top 25 team and get a slight bump up in the polls.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• When was the last time the Valley did anything for WSU? I'm over caring. If you want it, go take it.

Just win.

Comment

• In all fairness to Creighton, when the opponent shoots 60 percent for the game, there's not much you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        In all fairness to Creighton, when the opponent shoots 60 percent for the game, there's not much you can do.
                        You could play defense. The only info I have is from people who watched the game (these are not basketball coaches, so their opinions may not be accurate) and every one of them reported that the Jays were not playing anything resembling defense.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          You could play defense. The only info I have is from people who watched the game (these are not basketball coaches, so their opinions may not be accurate) and every one of them reported that the Jays were not playing anything resembling defense.
                          I talked to someone who watched the game on TV and they told me the same thing. He said that one of the reasons that Boise hit so many 3s in the first half was that nearly every one of those shots was wide open.

Maybe Cu thought that they could put those DEFENSE shirts away now that they were ranked #11 in the country. They may have also been looking ahead to St. Joes, their next game.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            In all fairness to Creighton, when the opponent shoots 60 percent for the game, there's not much you can do.
                            Might trying guarding a little. Especially in thd first half, Boise St was always wide open on their 3 pointers.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Check out CU's box score. It is interesting.

Box score for the Boise State Broncos vs. Creighton Bluejays NCAAM game from November 28, 2012 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

McDermott led CU with 4 rebounds. BSU outrebounded CU 31 - 18.

McD and Chatman both played 36 minutes. Echenique played 23 minutes. Artino played 1. For 16 minutes (40% of the game), CU's front court was a combination of McDermott, Gibbs, and Wragge.

CU's bench (Jones, Wragge, Artino, Dingman) combined for 55 minutes, 4/16 shooting and a total of 12 points.

I'm starting to like some matchups

Orukpe/Hall/Lufile vs. Echenique and (1 minute man) Artino
                              Hall/Early/White vs. McDermott
                              Wessel/Baker/Cotton vs. Wragge/Gibbs
                              Baker/Williams/Cotton vs. Manigat/Dingman
                              Armstead/VanVleet vs. Chatman

The lists of players on the left is longer than the player lists on the right, and CU is needing deep minutes from key players early in the season.

We get CU here January 19 (7 games into Valley play) and play them there on their Sr. Night. Nice scheduling for a team that could be running on tired legs by the end of December.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Check out CU's box score. It is interesting.

Box score for the Boise State Broncos vs. Creighton Bluejays NCAAM game from November 28, 2012 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

McDermott led CU with 4 rebounds. BSU outrebounded CU 31 - 18.

McD and Chatman both played 36 minutes. Echenique played 23 minutes. Artino played 1. For 16 minutes (40% of the game), CU's front court was a combination of McDermott, Gibbs, and Wragge.

CU's bench (Jones, Wragge, Artino, Dingman) combined for 55 minutes, 4/16 shooting and a total of 12 points.

I'm starting to like some matchups

Orukpe/Hall/Lufile vs. Echenique and (1 minute man) Artino
                                Hall/Early/White vs. McDermott
                                Wessel/Baker/Cotton vs. Wragge/Gibbs
                                Baker/Williams/Cotton vs. Manigat/Dingman
                                Armstead/VanVleet vs. Chatman

The lists of players on the left is longer than the player lists on the right, and CU is needing deep minutes from key players early in the season.

We get CU here January 19 (7 games into Valley play) and play them there on their Sr. Night. Nice scheduling for a team that could be running on tired legs by the end of December.
                                You will need to add the name Wiggins to the team on the left by the time January 17th rolls around.

Comment

Working...
                                X