• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 more possibilities

AJ
    MB
    Beverly
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; 1 week ago.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Hill 26 minutes-Cortes-10-Pipkin 4
      McGinnis 22 minutes-Bell 14-Pipkin 4
      Beverly 20 minutes-Washington 20
      Meeks 15 minutes-DeGray 15-Washington 7-Bosnjak 3
      Ballard 22 minutes-Boz 18​
      The Boz 2.0 has a ring to it.

Comment

• Whoever is playing PG so Hill, BC, Pip or even XB who is experienced and physically stronger. If his BBIQ improves he could be really good.

Comment

• I'm very intrigued to see Bell play with a true PG behind him for an entire season.

The last 5 games of the year Cortes was on fire. And when Cortes was on fire, Bell had an eye popping 3.8 A/TO ratio (19 assists to only 5 turnovers) -- averaging nearly 4 assists per game.

This could be a massive leap forward for Bell if that continues. He'll need to cut out the unproductive slashes into the wall of trees, but if he does he could be fun to watch at the 2.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I'm very intrigued to see Bell play with a true PG behind him for an entire season.

This could be a massive leap forward for Bell if that continues. He'll need to cut out the unproductive slashes into the wall of trees, but if he does he could be fun to watch at the 2.
            Since he seems able to get into the wall of trees, it would be best if he would attempt to draw fouls from said trees. That is a skill that he has lacked, but would boost his value times 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Since he seems able to get into the wall of trees, it would be best if he would attempt to draw fouls from said trees. That is a skill that he has lacked, but would boost his value times 10.
              Great point.

Comment

I'm very intrigued to see Bell play with a true PG behind him for an entire season.

The last 5 games of the year Cortes was on fire. And when Cortes was on fire, Bell had an eye popping 3.8 A/TO ratio (19 assists to only 5 turnovers) -- averaging nearly 4 assists per game.

After watching him for two full years, I just don’t think that’ll be enough to change the way he inherently plays the game. There’s a reason why he went to Drexel. I’d love to be proven wrong but I’m not optimistic.

The only thing that could realistically change this year in regards to Bell is Mills actually putting a leash on him since he’s likely gonna have a lot more options.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm only looking for two things from our guards. These two things have been our biggest stumbling blocks. Bell and Beverly are 25-30% from the three line. Beverly is better at assists, but he and Bell are very high on Turnovers.

That's why they need to give Hill, McGinnis and Pipkin plenty of opportunities.

1. Shooting the outside shot so that they have to guard us from the 3 point line on in, which will spread the defense out, and create driving and dishing opportunities.
                  2.. Handle the ball so we have more assists than Turnovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

After watching him for two full years, I just don’t think that’ll be enough to change the way he inherently plays the game. There’s a reason why he went to Drexel. I’d love to be proven wrong but I’m not optimistic.

The only thing that could realistically change this year in regards to Bell is Mills actually putting a leash on him since he’s likely gonna have a lot more options.
                    Well if he's playing PG, yeah, he's unlikely to change much. But if he's at the 2 there's a huge difference, and that position more suits his play style. And playing the 2 automatically applies a leash of sorts.

I think it comes down to utilization and system for him.

Comment

• Taylors article on Zane Meeks wanting to finish his college career at Wichita State:
                      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
                        Taylors article on Zane Meeks wanting to finish his college career at Wichita State:
                        https://sports.yahoo.com/why-kansas-...ycsrp_catchall
                        "After fending off a late advance from Oklahoma State"

Got Hill after a visit from Utah.

I am telling you, there is some actual NIL momentum. We have been competitive with the kind of P5s we need to be competitive with this offseason.

We also need to keep it up!!

Comment

Well if he's playing PG, yeah, he's unlikely to change much. But if he's at the 2 there's a huge difference, and that position more suits his play style. And playing the 2 automatically applies a leash of sorts.

I think it comes down to utilization and system for him.
                          Maybe it was All the system. However, it looked to me like his playing style had some flaws.

Even when he wasn't bringing up the ball in a tradtional PG role, he couldn't make a catch and shoot, perimeter shot, and constantly backed down his man (who was usually shorter or lacked strength), until they got within 5' (give or take a little), and then put up a shot from the lane. That was Bell's best play. He didn't do any play making for anyone else, and turnovers were as often as not the result.

Ron Baker at the 2 guard, almost always was facing the basket, and looking to give out an assist. And the most positive thing about Pipken (if he proves he's ready to play), is that he's back for several more years. Bell, Beverly, and even McGinnis, and Hill (who have good 3 pt.% in their past) are gone after this next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            I'm only looking for two things from our guards. These two things have been our biggest stumbling blocks. Bell and Beverly are 25-30% from the three line. Beverly is better at assists, but he and Bell are very high on Turnovers.

That's why they need to give Hill, McGinnis and Pipkin plenty of opportunities.

1. Shooting the outside shot so that they have to guard us from the 3 point line on in, which will spread the defense out, and create driving and dishing opportunities.
                            2.. Handle the ball so we have more assists than Turnovers.
                            seems simple, doesn't it?

Comment

• Some good stuff in that article. Mills being direct and demanding, Meeks priding himself on facilitating his teammates, and a little nugget on Bosnjak.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Oh yeah, happens all the time in youth leagues when teams are stacked with the area's top talent but many of the kids and parents are a$$holes.
                                I've officiated a number of MAYB games in my time where uber talented teams were beaten and sometimes absolutely destroyed, by less talented teams that had great chemistry and played with a togetherness that many college coaches would envy.

Teams can sometimes overcome poor chemistry. But even some successful teams with chemistry issues lose a number of games because of those chemistry issues.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X