As of Mid-May 2024 --- Roster has been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Wasn't Reaves all-conference at OU where he played PG? And from some NBA games I saw he was running point there too. We had an NBA PG playing "stand around on the 3-point line and wait for a pass to shoot" and an NBA SG playing PG. The best career move any WSU basketball player ever made was Reaves leaving for OU.
    He was "Mr. Everything" in high school. His passing to teammates was probably more to get the attention off him and make the defense play more honest. "Play me straight up or I'll see my teammates get shots at easy baskets. Don't play me close enough, I'll burn ya."

He had a bum shoulder that should have been taken care of his first season at WSU. You're right about his move to OU. He had a red-shirt year to build strength and work on his point guard skills as he ran the "practice" team against the starters.

In the NBA, he is listed as a SG, but also plays PG and SF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I'm not getting into it again. Me and others went into great detail on how that talent should be handled at the time. If you didn't get it, then I'm sure you won't now.
      I feel like very few people get your points. You’re just a bit too smart for everyone on this board and our previous HOF level Coach. We might need a new Coach in the next couple of years and you should submit your application.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

I feel like very few people get your points. You’re just a bit too smart for everyone on this board and our previous HOF level Coach. We might need a new Coach in the next couple of years and you should submit your application.
        Anybody that has paid attention over the years knows I was a strong supporter of GM overall. There were actually quite a few people that "got my points" at the time. Even when we were winning that year those people could see we were not playing to the strengths of the players we had.

As I have said several times in the past, the stubbornness of GM is what brought us to the extreme success we enjoyed. It also prevented us from greater success in that particular year.

Comment

• It was far and away the best offense we've ever had. The issue was on the defensive end. You had a few things working against us on that front: the loss of Jans, the better competition in the AAC, and yes, some of that is due to Marshall's stubbornness and the fact that he wasn't exactly well-liked among the players. You don't have to be buddy-buddy with players, but it was clear he had worn thin on that group. Happened a couple of years later too.

And players loved Jans. Having him as a go-between for Marshall was very helpful.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Jans excelled in scouting and game preparation and was instrumental in our success

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              It was far and away the best offense we've ever had. The issue was on the defensive end. You had a few things working against us on that front: the loss of Jans, the better competition in the AAC, and yes, some of that is due to Marshall's stubbornness and the fact that he wasn't exactly well-liked among the players. You don't have to be buddy-buddy with players, but it was clear he had worn thin on that group. Happened a couple of years later too.

And players loved Jans. Having him as a go-between for Marshall was very helpful.
              3Gs relationships with guys was pretty clearly worse after Jans left for good. Doesn't take much reading tea leaves to see that.

Comment

• Kentucky will get to practice against La Familia when TBT comes to Lexington
                https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/kentucky-will-get-to-practice-against-la-familia-when-tbt-comes-to-lexington/ar-BB1oWLMU?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=d3cb7b62e0dd 4bef9a42c21d427b493c&ei=23
                Story by Jack Pilgrim
                06/26/24

"Kentucky has formed one of the most dominant teams in The Basketball Tournament, its La Familia squad set to feature the likes of Eric Bledsoe, Daniel Orton, Reid Travis, Willie Cauley-Stein, Nate Sestina, Kellan Grady, Andrew Harrison, James Young, Marquis Teague and Doron Lamb — with more to come. They’ll also be coached by Tyler Ulis while Darius Miller has been added as the director of player personnel, Sean Woods and Jon Hood serving as assistant coaches....They’ll get to battle against the current Wildcats in practice, giving this group a leg up on the competition entering the 2024-25 season.

Kentucky may not have a summer tour scheduled in Toronto or the Bahamas, but the Cats will get a chance to battle against pros during their time together in Lexington, some of the best to come through the program under John Calipari.

“One of the great things for us is that former players are allowed to come be on the court with our current players,” Pope said. “It’s an NCAA rule, that’s legal. These guys are preparing for a tournament where they have a chance to represent Kentucky and themselves in a brilliant way this summer and we’re trying to prepare for a huge season. We’re gonna try and do that together a little bit.”​..."

Comment

Working...
                X