As of Mid-May 2024 --- Roster has been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I've officiated a number of MAYB games in my time where uber talented teams were beaten and sometimes absolutely destroyed, by less talented teams that had great chemistry and played with a togetherness that many college coaches would envy.

Teams can sometimes overcome poor chemistry. But even some successful teams with chemistry issues lose a number of games because of those chemistry issues.
    Oh yeah, that can happen too for sure. Generally the team with the best stallions wins though, even if they are toxic.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

seems simple, doesn't it?

Giving Hill, McGinnis, and Pipkin plenty of opportunities (at the 1 and 2) is. Whether they will produce better than Bell and Beverly (who can also compete for playing time at the 3) is another matter.

Comment

• You struck a chord Sub. My son was playing in a MAYB tournament a little over 20 yrs ago in KC. There was a KC team loaded with very athletic taller kids that put on a dunking show warming up before their games. They beat every team in their pool by over 25 points and the bracket also leading up to our championship game. Our tallest player was 6'3 and our only kid that could dunk. They had six or seven. We took them to school and beat them by nearly twenty. I talked to several of their parents in the stands that could not believe what was happening to them. They were VERY complimentary of our TEAM and the way they played together. Chemistry and team work ARE very important !

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          You struck a chord Sub. My son was playing in a MAYB tournament a little over 20 yrs ago in KC. There was a KC team loaded with very athletic taller kids that put on a dunking show warming up before their games. They beat every team in their pool by over 25 points and the bracket also leading up to our championship game. Our tallest player was 6'3 and our only kid that could dunk. They had six or seven. We took them to school and beat them by nearly twenty. I talked to several of their parents in the stands that could not believe what was happening to them. They were VERY complimentary of our TEAM and the way they played together. Chemistry and team work ARE very important !
          You must have had some Fred's...
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            You struck a chord Sub. My son was playing in a MAYB tournament a little over 20 yrs ago in KC. There was a KC team loaded with very athletic taller kids that put on a dunking show warming up before their games. They beat every team in their pool by over 25 points and the bracket also leading up to our championship game. Our tallest player was 6'3 and our only kid that could dunk. They had six or seven. We took them to school and beat them by nearly twenty. I talked to several of their parents in the stands that could not believe what was happening to them. They were VERY complimentary of our TEAM and the way they played together. Chemistry and team work ARE very important !
            The most talented team doesn’t always win, but you need to define Chemistry so that WE ALL AGREE. YOU CAN’T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The most talented team doesn’t always win, but you need to define Chemistry so that WE ALL AGREE. YOU CAN’T.
              Trusting each other and the coach, executing the plan and having fun while winning games. Winning solves a lot but winning starts with accepting your role and executing the plan.

Comment

It's been defined and agreed upon a couple times in this thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's been defined and agreed upon a couple times in this thread
                  I’ve not seen a singular answer. I’ve seen different answers. Sum up what you think., and what asiseeit thinks. You sound smarter. I’ve done more research on this than anyone else. I’ve seen some of the wninningest coaches answeres in publications and everyone says it differently.
                  Last edited by Shockm; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Vintage watches and now chemistry. The season can't get here fast enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      Vintage watches and now chemistry. The season can't get here fast enough.
                      Time for the antique clock discussion...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        Vintage watches and now chemistry. The season can't get here fast enough.
                        Honestly though. It’s just getting pitiful now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Honestly though. It’s just getting pitiful now.
                          "pitiful" remind me of cherry pits ... because ... rainier cherries have hit the grocery stores! Can only get 'em for a month or two out of the year. So good!

Comment

I’ve not seen a singular answer. I’ve seen different answers. Sum up what you think., and what asiseeit thinks. You sound smarter. I’ve done more research on this than anyone else. I’ve seen some of the wninningest coaches answeres in publications and everyone says it differently.
                            True, I may not be as smart as some others but I can do my own summary. It IS an intangible that can differ from team to team and not even consistently from game to game on a single team, however, teams that consistently record good assist to turnover numbers generally have good chemistry. Hope we achieve that next season.
                            Last edited by asiseeit; 6 days ago.

Comment

• Am I the only one worried about team chemistry?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Am I the only one worried about team chemistry?
                                Nope. I worry about meth, hash and blow too. That stuff can reeeeally tank a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X