No announcement yet.

As of Mid-May 2024 --- Roster has been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes there's a competitive, maybe even borderline adversarial tension within teams that can do some special things if harnessed properly. Having the right coach like we had certainly helps. Boy can those rotten apples really spoil the chemistry in THE PROCESS, though.

I am extremely excited for next season with the subtle additions Coach Mills has made this offseason. I'm also still riding a little bit of the high from the baseball conference tourney and what Coach Green seems to building so I for one will be going into pure, unadulterated, completely unreasonable expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      I’ll say this about chemistry.

At the Final 4 reunion, Fred asked kids in the room to cover their ears and then said that “it was a f***ed up year.” I remember that he used the word “dysfunctional” to describe that team. And the season still ended up well.

Anyone know anything about the Yankees in the late 70s? “Bronx Zoo” description comes to mind. They still won back-to-back titles.

So yeah, in a land of rainbows and unicorns, it sounds good to think that all successful teams always have that positive chemistry. It doesn’t always work that way though.
      You said it better or at least used a very good analogy to explain my point. People still can’t point to facts on what chemistry is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You said it better or at least used a very good analogy to explain my point. People still can’t point to facts on what chemistry is.
        Off the cuff, chemistry is ...

1) When everyone has bought into the system and executes on it
        2) When you know what your teammate's strengths are and you play into them
        3) When everyone knows their role and accepts it
        4) When the overall toxicity level is at a minimum
        Last edited by Kung Wu; June 23, 2024, 12:39 AM.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

3) When everyone knows their roll and accepts it
          Yes. You can win with bad chemistry but it makes it harder.

The process and even sherfield say hello.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            ​​​​​​
            Oh yeah, happens all the time in youth leagues when teams are stacked with the area's top talent but many of the kids and parents are a$$holes.

Comment

Excellent

…..and players and coaches trust each other as to their roles and responsibilities.

Comment

You left off luck. There is a certain amount of unexplained luck that happens within a team when they have really good chemistry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You left off luck. There is a certain amount of unexplained luck that happens within a team when they have really good chemistry.
                  Not sure I follow.

There can be a bit of luck in being on a team with elite teammates that are cool enough to have chemistry sometimes.

But that can also be the result of a carefully executed recruiting plan by a coach who also creates the right type of atmosphere (culture).

Comment

• Walter White was a lucky chemist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The process and even sherfield say hello.

​​​​​​
                      It’s ALWAYS a good day when The Process gets mentioned????

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        It’s ALWAYS a good day when The Process gets mentioned????
                        Best teammate ever. He just got unlucky and landed on 5 different teams with bad chemistry that the majority of his coaches were getting fired

Comment

• Hill 26 minutes-Cortes-10-Pipkin 4
                          McGinnis 22 minutes-Bell 14-Pipkin 4
                          Beverly 20 minutes-Washington 20
                          Meeks 15 minutes-DeGray 15-Washington 7-Bosnjak 3
                          Ballard 22 minutes-Boz 18​

Comment

• Not bad but the Croat should never play the 4. He should spend the entire season learning and developing within HCPM's system at the 5.

Comment

• TJ will be in the rotation mix. If both TJ and Zion get a solid beginning this Season, they will be primed and ready to help the Shocks much more the following Season. Signing 2 quality Freshmen early is wise and I hope we keep doing that.
                              The competition for playing time will be much more fierce than last Season. That is an excellent sign.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Speaking of our roster, we need 3 players to emerge into consistent leaders to pave the way. Ideas of who might do so without seeing many of them play yet? Here is my guess below. Hoping to see yours.

Washington
                                Hill
                                Ballard
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X