As of Mid-May 2024 --- Roster has been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
    So with our final commitment, what do we think? Tourney possible or unlikely? Trying to set my expectations to be fair
    I think we should be NIT contention. Hopefully Top 4 AAC. With a few bounces our way and no injuries we might get bubble talk

Comment

Overall good class. Doesn't matter as much anymore but next year we will replace at minimum 7 players with that many using their last year of eligibility.

That does mean we will have a lot of experience on the court this year though

Comment

With 15 players (if we get the walk on big) we could have 10 - twenty minute scrimmages at least this summer with oodles of various combinations and have them graded offensively and on D, to see what's up. Sight unseen, here is my
        "much too early" starters that HCPM will do?

1. J Hill 2. X. Bell. 3. Beverly. 4. Washington 5. Q. Ballard
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          With 15 players (if we get the walk on big) we could have 10 - twenty minute scrimmages at least this summer with oodles of various combinations and have them graded offensively and on D, to see what's up. Sight unseen, here is my
          "much too early" starters that HCPM will do?

1. J Hill 2. X. Bell. 3. Beverly. 4. Washington 5. Q. Ballard
          I have to think that McGinnis breaks the starting line up just for his shooting unless the others got significantly better.

Comment

He should help at both PF and backup center.......we needed more size and a stretch four, as well. I think he fills a couple boxes. We'll see.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So with that much experience on the court, you have to think Mills has a plan to make the tourney this year with it. Building a program, with a second season stacked full of seniors, that’s not exactly how you build incremental progress no?

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So with that much experience on the court, you have to think Mills has a plan to make the tourney this year with it. Building a program, with a second season stacked full of seniors, that’s not exactly how you build incremental progress no?
                    I would hope his plan is to make the tourney every year lol

But yes. He needs to probably overachieve this year in order to have momentum to replace those players next year. (Both from a recruiting vibe and NIL standpoint). Another underachieving year like this year is probably the final nail in the coffin of his Shocker coaching career. Would make year 3 extremely tough
                    Last edited by Stickboy46; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Taylor needs to change his roster card. Meeks is not a guard.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Taylor needs to change his roster card. Meeks is not a guard.
                        Yeah he mentioned that in the comments. Says he did it from his phone
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I just hope we see good improvement and at least in the conversation for the tourney. He still has to put it together, locker room needs to mesh, opponents need to have solid years. Lots of factors, which he can control some of it.

Get better each year and you will probably see better recruits each year.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I have somewhat of an attitude that you take care of this year's problems this year and you take care of next year's problems next year. Developing players for the future can be a fool's errand with NIL and the portal. Going from bottom 4 in the league to possibly top 4 in the league makes getting NIL donations easier and recruiting better players from the portal easier. Having lots of PT opening up gives the Fr and Sophs a reason to stick around.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I have to think that McGinnis breaks the starting line up just for his shooting unless the others got significantly better.
                              Me too. I was only speculating who HCPM might start, especially early on. It appears to me we might be able to go 10 deep, even in close games.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

With Meeks added, WSU now sits at 73rd overall in Bart Torvik's projections for next season. To me, this projection establishes the following expectations for next season:
                                • Exceed expectations - NCAAT bubble team
                                • Meet expectations - NIT
                                • Underperform expectations - head to your nearest liquor store

Comment

Working...
                                X