Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think summer school begins tomorrow.

How many scholarships to we have left to fill?

Comment

• I think summer school begins tomorrow.

How many scholarships do we have left to fill?​

Comment

• 1 scholarship left. Unless it was filled without anything being announced

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          1 scholarship left. Unless it was filled without anything being announced
          Coulda secretly filled it with another 5'11" guy.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            1 scholarship left. Unless it was filled without anything being announced
            Did I miss an announcement in the last week? I thought we had two left.

Never mind. I just lost track of where we were. Kinda easy to do that these days.
            Last edited by WuShock16; 2 weeks ago.
            78-65

Comment

• If summer school starts without a yet unsigned PF/C in classes we have a problem. If there is a PF/C coming to the team, a late arrival means a shorter adjustment period and less time to learn with the rest of the team.
              Last edited by Aargh; 2 weeks ago.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Coulda secretly filled it with another 5'11" guy.........
                We could use another guard

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  If you finish near the bottom of your law school you’re on track to be President, so there’s that.
                  I have a child who is a doctor and at their White Coat ceremony, the MC Doctor said "even if you finish 150 out of a class, they still call you doctor.....HOWEVER they may not call you OFTEN..... liked that....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I have a child who is a doctor and at their White Coat ceremony, the MC Doctor said "even if you finish 150 out of a class, they still call you doctor.....HOWEVER they may not call you OFTEN..... liked that....
                    Most of the become VA doctors I believe.

Comment

• It's not just colleges and athletes.

I know of a kid at Derby that didn't bother showing up at all for his final semester. They let him do about five hours of online work to graduate. Not sure the kid had better than D's at all.

But that's a government education for ya
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        If summer school starts without a yet unsigned PF/C in classes we have a problem. If there is a PF/C coming to the team, a late arrival means a shorter adjustment period and less time to learn with the rest of the team.
                        Why? Just curious since you specifically tied it to the start of summer school. If it's just a shorter adjustment period then that's a nothing burger.

Comment

• There's a post on faceboook that we're still talking to a few guys for the last scholarship and they expect to fill it soon. Trying to keep it out of the press.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Why? Just curious since you specifically tied it to the start of summer school. If it's just a shorter adjustment period then that's a nothing burger.
                            1) Missing out on classes that may be needed for progress toward graduation due to credits that may not transfer.
                            2) 12 guys going to classes and the start of summer workouts and scrimmages and 1 guy not participating.
                            3) If a recruit isn't planning on attending summer classes there's no urgency to commit prior to enrolling for the fall semester.
                            4) Missing summer strength and conditioning workouts. The most recent example of missing those workouts was Kenny Pohto, who spent summers at home. Pohto appeared to need more strength.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Are there still two summer sessions for class? I know at one point there was a session that started in June and another in July.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Are there still two summer sessions for class? I know at one point there was a session that started in June and another in July.
                                Yes, I remember getting 3 hours of credit for a Geography class that was four days a week for 2,3 weeks, for at least two hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X