Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that we can buy players, maybe we can buy a Lunker?

Naw... those will go for 7 figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Better than last year. Cortes will come in without the rust, that will help a lot. Bell will be moved off ball, that will help a lot. Actual SEC PG will help a lot. A second guy that can play the 4 helps a lot. The only thing that hurts is losing Roger's shooting. Bringing in 3 new guys that can all shoot the 3 will make the defense play the rest of the team out to the 3 point line. At least I hope they can all shoot the 3. Also, if I'm XB, my ass is shooting 300 threes a day.
      I make almost 200 threes a day in a little over an hour and I'm almost 60 years old. Serious collegiate ballplayers should be making 500 shots a day, AT LEAST once a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I make almost 200 threes a day in a little over an hour and I'm almost 60 years old. Serious collegiate ballplayers should be making 500 shots a day, AT LEAST once a day.
        And you do it on a bicycle!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Now that we can buy players, maybe we can buy a Lunker?

Naw... those will go for 7 figures.
          Considering what Washington state just bought for 2 million, I think a lunker is going to cost closer to eight figures.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

And you do it on a bicycle!
            No. Bicycling comes after, lately only 20 to 35 minutes. Weekends can be longer rides. And then light spinning on the bike and sometimes walking for 5 to 10 minutes to further reduce the lactic acid buildup. Then home to refuel for the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Change that to "pees a day" and I can challenge you.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Some madman went and rated every single transfer so far, with comments on each:

Here are the comments on WSU incoming transfers:

Justin Hill Wichita State Georgia B+ One of the best pure points in the country who was able to sustain his play in the SEC. Not a world class shooter, but 33% on 117 attempts isn't horrible. Sorely needed player at Wichita.
                AJ McGinnis Wichita State Lipscomb B- Proven shooter with OK size who couldn't play at the P5 level, but he can probably hang in the American. Solid, unspectacular.
                Corey Washington Wichita State St. Peter's A- Washington was awesome offensively at a place and a system where it's virtually impossible to do so. Great at getting downhill, the jumper isn't there yet, but the FT got so much better in one year that you'd think there's potential. Solid wing size, obviously good defensively. A jumper away from the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                  Some madman went and rated every single transfer so far, with comments on each:

Justin Hill Wichita State Georgia B+ One of the best pure points in the country who was able to sustain his play in the SEC. Not a world class shooter, but 33% on 117 attempts isn't horrible. Sorely needed player at Wichita.
                  AJ McGinnis Wichita State Lipscomb B- Proven shooter with OK size who couldn't play at the P5 level, but he can probably hang in the American. Solid, unspectacular.
                  Corey Washington Wichita State St. Peter's A- Washington was awesome offensively at a place and a system where it's virtually impossible to do so. Great at getting downhill, the jumper isn't there yet, but the FT got so much better in one year that you'd think there's potential. Solid wing size, obviously good defensively. A jumper away from the NBA.
                  That's crazy, but I will take those grades!!!
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

That's crazy, but I will take those grades!!!
                    This is awesome. Is Zane Meeks included in this evaluation?
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

This is awesome. Is Zane Meeks included in this evaluation?
                      No, only players who have already transferred.

Comment

Isn't ChatGPT wonderful?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Oh man, McGinnis has gotta be salty if he sees that. Hope he uses it as fuel.

Comment

Name New School Old School Grade Notes
                            Kenny Pohto UC SB Wichita State A- Pohto was great as a sophomore and took a step back in a new scheme this year, where he was slightly out of position in Mills' lineup. He lost minutes badly as the season progressed. Has good touch offensively, great rebounder, solid defender. Most importantly, way better than Yohan Traore.
                            Colby Rogers Memphis Wichita State B Sniper who murdered Memphis 3 times last season, no wonder they wanted him. Not going to be a main on-ball option, but should work quite well next to Haggerty. Clear O is the priority at Memphis.
                            Isaac Abidde Cleveland State Wichita State B Abidde is all physical tools and no production. I'm glad he's taking a step down because he has the ability to be a monster defender and rim finisher. Can't shoot at all. I trust that CSU's system will put him in a good spot.

Comment

• Abidde shot 34.5% from 3 last year. I know it wasn't high volume, but that isn't exactly "can't shoot a lick".

Comment

• I can only assume he’s rating the trade value and not like the actual player themselves. Have a hard time seeing Colby rogers as less than KP

Comment

Working...
                                X