Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

You saying there's another post as good or better than Meeks that gets the scholarship?
    im just saying financially it makes more sense. He might be the better player but if you got to lure another player to be a walk on that I would hope would be a scholarship level player that’s going to cost you more NIL money to cover out state tuition fees

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Could be a good pickup. Based on games played, guessing he was injured or was a bench guy who never played. Averaged 10 a game in the 22-23 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Could be a good pickup. Based on games played, guessing he was injured or was a bench guy who never played. Averaged 10 a game in the 22-23 season.
          He had a season ending injury last year

The 22-23 San Francisco team was ~Top 100 KenPom team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He had a season ending injury last year

The 22-23 San Francisco team was ~Top 100 KenPom team.
            My memory may be off, but didn’t we lose to that San Fran team in a tournament that season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

My memory may be off, but didn’t we lose to that San Fran team in a tournament that season?
              We did. Meeks was a key piece for them.

Comment

this would open a new 30 day transfer window for all UCONN players. Would be kinda crazy this late in the season
                Hurley turns down 6 years/ 70mil to stay at UCONN.

I didn't see his style working out with LeBron anyways.

Comment

Yeah, you saw how fast Beilein was ran out of Cleveland. Have to imagine it would be similar for Hurley barring a complete personality change.

Good for college basketball and obviously UConn that he's staying.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

As a Laker fan - I couldn't disagree with that take more. Lebron's "style" is going to fit in any system and make it that much better since the dude has a basketball IQ off the charts. Horrible decision by Hurley in my opinion but to each their own.

Comment

• Lebron is a much better teammate than guys like Jordan and Kobe. As Horn said, his IQ is off the charts and he is way more unselfish than he gets credit for. I used to not be a big Lebron fan until I learned more about who he is as a player and teammate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Lebron is a much better teammate than guys like Jordan and Kobe. As Horn said, his IQ is off the charts and he is way more unselfish than he gets credit for. I used to not be a big Lebron fan until I learned more about who he is as a player and teammate.
                        Kobe was also very misunderstood. He was only selfish because he didn't trust guys who didn't put the work in like he did. When Kobe joined the Redeem Team, he saw that the team had plenty of scoring firepower, so he went to Coach K and asked to guard the best opposing perimeter scorer. There was one practice where he even completely deferred on offense, and Coach K had to yell at him to shoot the ball.

So could Kobe be an a-hole? Sure. But that came from being super-uber competitive as opposed to being a lazy selfish prima donna.
                        78-65

Comment

• Who wants to deal with the drama and having to draft his non-NBA talent kid?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Kobe was also very misunderstood. He was only selfish because he didn't trust guys who didn't put the work in like he did. When Kobe joined the Redeem Team, he saw that the team had plenty of scoring firepower, so he went to Coach K and asked to guard the best opposing perimeter scorer. There was one practice where he even completely deferred on offense, and Coach K had to yell at him to shoot the ball.

So could Kobe be an a-hole? Sure. But that came from being super-uber competitive as opposed to being a lazy selfish prima donna.
                            100%. Give me a guy who wants to win more then anything as opposed to a guy who's uber talented but puts no work in. Not saying Kobe wasn't both however...

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

As a Laker fan - I couldn't disagree with that take more. Lebron's "style" is going to fit in any system and make it that much better since the dude has a basketball IQ off the charts. Horrible decision by Hurley in my opinion but to each their own.
                              Agree to disagree. He's uber talented, but also thinks he runs literally everything about the team from the coaching to the front office. Coaches don't last long coaching him

Comment

Agree to disagree. He's uber talented, but also thinks he runs literally everything about the team from the coaching to the front office. Coaches don't last long coaching him
                                That's partially true, but not fully. Spoelstra and Ty Lue were just fine with him. Guys like Darvin Ham and David Blatt were 100% completely clueless and didn't deserve to keep their jobs. That's only on Lebron because the dude is so good and anything less then winning is acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                                X