Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

1) Missing out on classes that may be needed for progress toward graduation due to credits that may not transfer.
    2) 12 guys going to classes and the start of summer workouts and scrimmages and 1 guy not participating.
    3) If a recruit isn't planning on attending summer classes there's no urgency to commit prior to enrolling for the fall semester.
    4) Missing summer strength and conditioning workouts. The most recent example of missing those workouts was Kenny Pohto, who spent summers at home. Pohto appeared to need more strength.
    Is it ideal? No. But I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Are there still two summer sessions for class? I know at one point there was a session that started in June and another in July.
      If you're 6'10" or higher we can even create a 3rd session. Just tell me what you need.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Are there still two summer sessions for class? I know at one point there was a session that started in June and another in July.
        Two four week sessions and one eight week session.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          There's a post on faceboook that we're still talking to a few guys for the last scholarship and they expect to fill it soon. Trying to keep it out of the press.
          So we only have one to fill?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Is it ideal? No. But I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
            Yeah, I'd be surprised if we've ever had a summer with all 13 scholarship players present for the entire time.

Comment

• if we bring in a 4th or 5th year guy, chances are he doesn't need the summer classes. He may even be a grad student.

Comment

• What's it been? 15, 16 years since we didn't have at least 3 functional/playable young men of at least 6'8" with at least one 6'9" in the rotation? We won't even have that many on the team and maybe just one.

Comment

• Eh, inches are overrated. The final four squad starting line up went 6'0, 6'2, 6'5, 6'8, 6'8. Not terribly big at all

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                    Eh, inches are overrated. The final four squad starting line up went 6'0, 6'2, 6'5, 6'8, 6'8. Not terribly big at all
                    Also had 6'8", 6'9", 6'9", 7'0" coming off the bench.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Sorry, someone had to do it...

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                      Eh, inches are overrated.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Also had 6'8", 6'9", 6'9", 7'0" coming off the bench.
                        And the 7’0er was in the starting lineup for 30/36 games

Comment

• Based on HCPM's comments in this interview it sounds like the walk-on will be a front court player. In the age of NIL I have to wonder if the walk-on might be more than just a warm body?

"We'll finish up our frontcourt with two announcements shortly"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000657828247
                          Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                            Based on HCPM's comments in this interview it sounds like the walk-on will be a front court player. In the age of NIL I have to wonder if the walk-on might be more than just a warm body?

"We'll finish up our frontcourt with two announcements shortly"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000657828247
                            Taylor Eldridge’s article seemed to suggest that we’re getting creative with it. So maybe it could be an actual contributor instead of just someone there for practice?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Taylor Eldridge’s article seemed to suggest that we’re getting creative with it. So maybe it could be an actual contributor instead of just someone there for practice?
                              While I want to believe that .. nothing in our recent history suggest our NIL position is enough to get a contributor level big for walk on position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

While I want to believe that .. nothing in our recent history suggest our NIL position is enough to get a contributor level big for walk on position.
                                While the NIL position leaves a lot to be desired I wouldn't put it beyond WSU's capabilities to land a guy who isn't garnering a ton of interest but doesn't want to go back to JUCO.

Someone with a profile like IPBC would be helpful in spot minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X