Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusty got out when the getting out was good.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Dusty got out when the getting out was good.
      From the outside that situation seems strangely familiar to when former HCMT left abruptly. Our cupboards were almost bare. Wonder what FAU's look like?

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

From the outside that situation seems strangely familiar to when former HCMT left abruptly. Our cupboards were almost bare. Wonder what FAU's look like?
        He’s from the Great Lakes area, so in that regard, it makes sense.

Maybe this was the “all-in year” for FAU, and DM knows that guys are hitting the portal or going pro after the season.
        78-65

Comment

• I know things can happen pretty fast, but how does he go from playing in the NCAA Tournament to taking a new job in 24 hours?

His agent had to be doing a LOT of footwork for him, basically having one foot out the door before his team took the court yesterday. Sorry, but to me, that is not a good look.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I know things can happen pretty fast, but how does he go from playing in the NCAA Tournament to taking a new job in 24 hours?

His agent had to be doing a LOT of footwork for him, basically having one foot out the door before his team took the court yesterday. Sorry, but to me, that is not a good look.
            He had been linked to Ohio State weeks ago. Stories were non stop in my Google feed about him being a candidate for multiple openings. He had one really good run but not sold he's anything special.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Goldin, Davis and Boyd (top players plus others) have eligibility remaining. I suspect those 3 very well may join Dusty in Ann Arbor. I sure hope not.....

Comment

I know things can happen pretty fast, but how does he go from playing in the NCAA Tournament to taking a new job in 24 hours?

TAMPERING

Comment

You’re totally right. I’m sure Michigan’s athletic department would have been fine with him taking a couple weeks to think it over.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• On Dusty's behalf FAU was non-existent until last year when they rose to the very top of D1 basketball. That's not nothing...

Comment

The way they were playing at the end, it seems likely the team knew what was going on and decided to play as individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

The way they were playing at the end, it seems likely the team knew what was going on and decided to play as individuals.
                        Really sucks for the fans if true. So this is what it comes to for the average FAU fan?
                        1. Donate to nil.
                        2. Pay saso.
                        3. Purchase tickets.
                        4. Buy concessions and merch during season.
                        5. Pay for hotel and march madness tickets for tourney games.
                        6. Spend hours traveling to game site.
                        7. Watch 1 game so players can showcase their skill set to a better program on a national stage while the coach already had plans and bags packed to jump ship... also to a better program?

Priceless.

Comment

Really sucks for the fans if true. So this is what it comes to for the average FAU fan?
                          1. Donate to nil.
                          2. Pay saso.
                          3. Purchase tickets.
                          4. Buy concessions and merch during season.
                          5. Pay for hotel and march madness tickets for tourney games.
                          6. Spend hours traveling to game site.
                          7. Watch 1 game so players can showcase their skill set to a better program on a national stage while the coach already had plans and bags packed to jump ship... also to a better program?

Priceless.
                          Wichita State fans are the same except we don't have to worry about items 5, 6 and 7. Although we did get to watch Colby showcase his skills over several games late in the season.

Comment

From here on out when a coach leaves the cupboard will always be bare ... no matter the school.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Rob Lanier, who was fired by SMU on Thursday, has been hired to be the next HC at Rice.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                                Rob Lanier, who was fired by SMU on Thursday, has been hired to be the next HC at Rice.
                                The coaching carousel has been spinning in circles. Seems like there are almost 40-50 head coaching changes so far (or soon to be) in D1. It seems crazy to me that Kentucky would want to replace Calipari. Crazy times. And to think that Michigan settled on Dusty May, when they could have potentially had Calipari? If he's bought out, it's not like he ever has to work again with a $30 million+ buyout.

Comment

Working...
                                X