Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

I would normally agree that CR might come back with a better NIL deal. However TJ Williams has picked #4 as his number so that tells me something.
    Highly unlikely CR comes back.
    Especially after his last few games when he popped 25+ per game, his phone has been blowing up with the usual suspects on the other end.
    With NIL firmly entrenched in college sports, it has taken the usual behinds the scenes dirty business to the front page.

CR has a lot of people in his ear right now and really question the so-called advice he is getting.
    He became hot property when his box scores of the last few games hit the print. Especially since he was doing it on a bad team.
    Those kind of numbers will always get attention from those who are constantly watching.
    There are those who question his defensive abilities, but others could care less when you are popping in 25 PPG avg.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Highly unlikely CR comes back.
      Especially after his last few games when he popped 25+ per game, his phone has been blowing up with the usual suspects on the other end.
      With NIL firmly entrenched in college sports, it has taken the usual behinds the scenes dirty business to the front page.

CR has a lot of people in his ear right now and really question the so-called advice he is getting.
      He became hot property when his box scores of the last few games hit the print. Especially since he was doing it on a bad team.
      Those kind of numbers will always get attention from those who are constantly watching.
      There are those who question his defensive abilities, but others could care less when you are popping in 25 PPG avg.

That is all.
      Have to think that one of those is Memphis
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I'm 100% sure that Memphis is contacting him .... that said, Colby seems like he has a high enough IQ to realize that's not a good move career wise. I'm sure he will have much better offers.

Comment

• Only thing is taylor reported that it wasn’t nil that convinced him to transfer. I trust him. I’d have to think it’s something simpler like just wanting to go to the tourney or be closer to home or something. Or he could’ve just had a bad taste in his mouth after this year. I Don’t blame him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Kamala.... Is that really you?
            Lol - thanks for seeing my attempt at some humor and silliness. This free transfer thing still sucks though and I guess I'm still not done complaining about it. Ugghh.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• 811 as of 3 pm today

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

The list is quite long, plus there is a Daddy involved too. And when you have blood in the equation, well, you know how that usually goes.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• I wish someone would run a sting operation on tampering. Find a player who has no intention of transferring but is good enough to be attractive to other teams and monitor every conversation by opposing teams or their cronies trying to steal him during season. If the NCAA wont do anything about it, I would sue the other team for interference of contract and toss the NCAA in there as well for allowing it to happen. Injunctions can work both ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    I wish someone would run a sting operation on tampering. Find a player who has no intention of transferring but is good enough to be attractive to other teams and monitor every conversation by opposing teams or their cronies trying to steal him during season. If the NCAA wont do anything about it, I would sue the other team for interference of contract and toss the NCAA in there as well for allowing it to happen. Injunctions can work both ways.
                    On principle, I absolutely agree with you. If my son was a star hooper, I’m absolutely blast the $#!+ out of The Rug if tampering was happening.

From a legal standpoint though, my question would be that if schools can “tamper” with coaches who are clearly under long-term contracts, why couldn’t players be tampered with?

78-65

Comment

• Coaches can get tampered with. On paper at least it is expressly forbidden by the NCAA to tamper with players. Has anyone ever seen it enforced?

Last edited by shoxlax; March 23, 2024, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Lol - thanks for seeing my attempt at some humor and silliness. This free transfer thing still sucks though and I guess I'm still not done complaining about it. Ugghh.
                        So, your saying your an imposter? Or maybe a comedian impersonator? Either way, you get a laugh.

Comment

• Comment

• Hope FAU enjoyed their little run while it lasted.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Hope FAU enjoyed their little run while it lasted.
                              I hope they can leverage their success to hire someone that keeps them relevant

Comment

• I personally think it's a horrible hire you Michigan, 1 good year. They should have hired someone much better imo

Comment

Working...
                                X