Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

It's all about guards feeding him the ball and getting him involved. One thing Cortes was AWESOME at. Looking forward to that duo alone.
    While the guards should feed him, He has the strength and athleticism to be successful even if not fed by the guards. He can become a one man wrecking crew on the boards with his length, span and athleticism. A focus on the boards and a 5-10 ft jumper would put him in a position to go league.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
      Quincy Ballard just announced he is returning to finish as a Shocker.
      Couldnt open this, but this is great news.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Couldnt open this, but this is great news.
        You can generally find Eagle articles sans paywall at yahoo.com.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I tell you what these last two background pieces on Quincy and Dalen have been quite heartwarming and also inspirational.

Thank you to Taylor for his work, but the real thanks I think goes to the nurturing of Mama Regina in Quincy's case and Aunt Charmain in Dalen's case.

Where Quincy is today is even more amazing considering where he came from basketball-wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

You can generally find Eagle articles sans paywall at yahoo.com.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boy-dream...ycsrp_catchall
            You can actually get the body of the text of almost any article hidden behind a paywall. You have to be quick. Click the link for the story. The story will usually briefly pop up for an instant just before the paywall or site message "you've used your allotment of free articles". If you are quick, you can [control - a] (select all text in other words, copy text and paste into a word or comparable document for reading. It won't be formatted, but it will have the general text if you just want to read something. I've done it for years. Of course, now that I post it....all the websites on the planet will begin work on a remedy. LOL.

(and I want to know how shockband got gifs to animate)

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

You can actually get the body of the text of almost any article hidden behind a paywall. You have to be quick. Click the link for the story. The story will usually briefly pop up for an instant just before the paywall or site message "you've used your allotment of free articles". If you are quick, you can [control - a] (select all text in other words, copy text and paste into a word or comparable document for reading. It won't be formatted, but it will have the general text if you just want to read something. I've done it for years. Of course, now that I post it....all the websites on the planet will begin work on a remedy. LOL.

(and I want to know how shockband got gifs to animate)
              To get the gif animated, I have to do this at this time. This is on a computer, not a phone or tablet. I click on the image button (the left red circle), paste in the full URL for the gif image in the URL box, and then make sure you uncheck the "Retreive remote file" checkbox (the right red circle).

image.png
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• You guys are doing way too much effort lol. Just open in safari and put in reader mode. You can read athletic articles that way too. Probably shouldn’t put this out there but oh well

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• To do the gif thing, I just find a gif, right-click, choose "copy", then paste it in my post.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      To do the gif thing, I just find a gif, right-click, choose "copy", then paste it in my post.
                      That method may not work anymore. The solution is above.
                      Last edited by JVShocker; March 22, 2024, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• I’d like to formally request that the Ballard News be moved to a Ballard thread so it can grow bigger than the Orukpe thread.

We should treat those who stay in higher regard than those who transfer out.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
                          Quincy Ballard just announced he is returning to finish as a Shocker.
                          Q was the number 1 guy on our team I wanted to come back. He is unique in his abilities and I think will be all conference next year. He is a beast and he's starting to realize it.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I don't understand this "announcing" thing. Is it just a thing for minor league players outside of the P5??? Or do players at Duke announce they are staying at Duke.

I mean I just assumed QB was going to play his senior year at Wichita St.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              I don't understand this "announcing" thing. Is it just a thing for minor league players outside of the P5??? Or do players at Duke announce they are staying at Duke.

I mean I just assumed QB was going to play his senior year at Wichita St.
                              I don't know for sure, but if I were to guess, I believe the coaches and administration encourage it to provide confidence on the team and the fan base. Otherwise, we here on SN would speculate and create rumors that could be destabilizing to the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I don't know for sure, but if I were to guess, I believe the coaches and administration encourage it to provide confidence on the team and the fan base. Otherwise, we here on SN would speculate and create rumors that could be destabilizing to the team.
                                What I’ve also noticed is that there are almost never multiple announcements on a given day. It’s like the coaching staff and administration knows what is happening, they just have it roll out - give each athlete - their day. I notice this on verbal commitments as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X