Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I wouldn't call Degray a 3 point shooter at such a low volume. Those guys are sufficient as 4s, but we need guard tandems that can shoot the 3 with accuracy and also be a threat to drive. Our guards this year were all one trick ponies.
    Exactly!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Maybe there is a Kyle Wilson type out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

How bout 5 who shoot 20%?
        Again???

Comment

• Per X (twitter), Pelfrey just donated $5000.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Again???
            image.png
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Not surprised at Rogers leaving at all, in fact, I expected it. He's a college jumper looking for the next big thing and will probably be a job jumper when he stops playing basketball. He'll end up at a P4 planted in the corner because he has weak handles and can't make a contested layup. It will be an eye opener for him, IMO. On the other hand, he will be surrounded by better talent than he and will likely get more open looks.
              He can shoot, but He doesn’t have good handles. That will be a later problem for him.

Comment

I wouldn't call Degray a 3 point shooter at such a low volume. Those guys are sufficient as 4s, but we need guard tandems that can shoot the 3 with accuracy and also be a threat to drive. Our guards this year were all one trick ponies.
                Cortes was shooting better toward the end of the season, and making teams pay for leaving him open. He was 13-27 last year at OU for 48%. Not high volume, but a very high percentage that should translate to a good percentage with higher volume. In our last six games in which he attempted a three, he was 5-11 for 45%. With Rogers still in the fold, we really just needed one more 35-ish % 3-point shooter and I feel we'd have had the shooting gravity necessary to help with spacing, driving and cutting lanes.

To add, while Beverly was also better in the last few games, I think his ceiling is low 30s. (31.7% at Miami last year)

But it's all water under the bridge now. We now need to find a 35+% and 33%+ 3-pt shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He can shoot, but He doesn’t have good handles. That will be a later problem for him.
                  Similar to Dexter Dennis' weakness, but DD did get a cup of coffee in the big show.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Similar to Dexter Dennis' weakness, but DD did get a cup of coffee in the big show.
                    stop

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      Per X (twitter), Pelfrey just donated $5000.
                      image.png

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

stop
                        Dexter Dennis | | NBA.com

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Rogers is not the same player as DD at all. Rogers can shoot above average in college. DD is an athlete first who is a defender first, and a rebounder second. if Rogers wants to succeed, he needs handles to help his shooting. He is a bad defender, cannot pass, and had bad handles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Rogers is not the same player as DD at all. Rogers can shoot above average in college. DD is an athlete first who is a defender first, and a rebounder second. if Rogers wants to succeed, he needs handles to help his shooting. He is a bad defender, cannot pass, and had bad handles.
                            Only compared his handles... that's all. I remember many who said DD would never sniff the NBA because of his ballhandling. I don't think Rogers has a chance in hell, but I've been wrong before. I probably didn't explain myself well enough while I multitask, when I should be feeding the cows.

Comment

• Colby's handles compare to many former Shockers. Thinking Bowman, Kelly, Durley, etc

Comment

Not surprised at Rogers leaving at all, in fact, I expected it. He's a college jumper looking for the next big thing and will probably be a job jumper when he stops playing basketball. He'll end up at a P4 planted in the corner because he has weak handles and can't make a contested layup. It will be an eye opener for him, IMO. On the other hand, he will be surrounded by better talent than he and will likely get more open looks.
                                We've put together a list of the largest sale mines in the world. These gargantuan mines are marvels of engineering and produce enormous amounts of salt.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X