Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Apparently lives in Wichita.....I see a very creative NIL deal in the offing according to her bio.
    Yep. This is from her profile. We should get the new collective on this ASAP...

"Finance student by day, seductive siren by night."

Comment

• Guess there’s also a nine minute version; probably should be moved to a baseball thread. KungWu sent me up to the plate…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        [/URL]
        “Thank you berry much. Baseball been berry, berry good to me. Thank you. God bless you. Gracias!”

Chico Esxcuela (SNL's Garret Morris) and also Kevin Costner (Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, For the Love of the Game)

I remember when Kevin Costner was in town for the NCAA Midwest Regionals hosted by the Shocks in 1996 when the Shocks played Cal-State Fullerton. Eck Stadium was packed and raucous. Hard to believe that is that last time we made to the CWS. Would love to experience that again.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

“Thank you berry much. Baseball been berry, berry good to me. Thank you. God bless you. Gracias!”

Chico Esxcuela (SNL's Garret Morris) and also Kevin Costner (Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, For the Love of the Game)

I remember when Kevin Costner was in town for the NCAA Midwest Regionals hosted by the Shocks in 1996. Eck Stadium was packed and raucous. Hard to believe that is that last time we made to the CWS. Would love to experience that again.
          I was there also and what a great time that was. I'm really liking coach Green... to recruit the kind of talent he and his staff did so late in the recruiting season, gives me 'hope'...

"2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update"

Oops!

Comment

• And HOPE is what we are mostly stuck with for Shocker basketball (both the men and the women) as we transition from a very underwhelming 2023-24 to what we HOPE are better days ahead.

It could be worse, we could be in a situation where we have NO HOPE. That indeed would be a sad thing.

Comment

I remember when Kevin Costner was in town for the NCAA Midwest Regionals hosted by the Shocks in 1996 when the Shocks played Cal-State Fullerton. Eck Stadium was packed and raucous. Hard to believe that is that last time we made to the CWS. Would love to experience that again.
              Not just then, I went to a random weekday afternoon game against Fullerton. The stadium had probably 500 in the stands. I sat behind home plate about halfway up to the press box. Costner comes out after the game starts and sits right behind me. This was early 90s, maybe 93 or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Not just then, I went to a random weekday afternoon game against Fullerton. The stadium had probably 500 in the stands. I sat behind home plate about halfway up to the press box. Costner comes out after the game starts and sits right behind me. This was early 90s, maybe 93 or so.
                I was thinking that was about the time of his 'Waterworld' flop... from Field of Dreams and Dances with Wolves to Waterworld.

Comment

• 545 as of 5 pm

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    I was thinking that was about the time of his 'Waterworld' flop... from Field of Dreams and Dances with Wolves to Waterworld.
                    Bull Durham (1988). Field of Dreams (1989), Dances with Wolves (1990). The man was at that point.

A half of dozen movies later in 1995 he splashed down with Waterworld.

But he rallied by getting back in to the sports genre in 1996 with Tin Cup.

Comment

Bull Durham (1988). Field of Dreams (1989), Dances with Wolves (1990). The man was at that point.

A half of dozen movies later in 1995 he splashed down with Waterworld.

But he rallied by getting back in to the sports genre in 1996 with Tin Cup.

and here I thought his best work was in The Big Chill.........

Comment

• Am I the only one who enjoyed American Flyers?

Edit... just looked it up. Streaming free on tubi right now.

Comment

• Always love the parting shots..,

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                            Am I the only one who enjoyed American Flyers?

Edit... just looked it up. Streaming free on tubi right now.
                            You would, duh.

Actually, I liked several of the "not so big" movies, including that one. I liked McFarland, USA which was a true story. Also, the mini-TV series, Hatfields & McCoys. Open Range is really good, but I like westerns AND Robert Duvall.

Comment

• I still want to see one of these announcements without the phrase “With that being said…”
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                I still want to see one of these announcements without the phrase “With that being said…”
                                They are always the same canned statement.... except Walton's.

Comment

Working...
                                X