Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year # of Notes:
    2019 956
    2020 965
    2021 1,652
    2022 1,647
    2023 1,716
    2024 349 as of 1:30pm 01/18/2024
    https://verbalcommits.com/
    I think there be will two significant happenings for 2025 to reduce the trend of the increasing transfers:

1. The Covid Eligibility Extra Year will end, therefore decreasing the opportunity to transfer.
    2. There will be some type(s) of NCAA Legislation changes on transfers, that will pass judicial review.
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; March 18, 2024, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      TOTALLY expected. He needs a lower level where his size and athleticism absolutely overwhelm his opponents and covers for his struggles to play basketball.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

TOTALLY expected. He needs a lower level where his size and athleticism absolutely overwhelm his opponents and covers for his struggles to play basketball.
        I agree. I expected this.

Interesting to see if this affects Pohto's decision. They were roommates and have been very close from the get go, from my understanding. Always together in the dorms early on....etc.

It may or may not. I have no idea. Pohto may already have his mind made up one way or another.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Probably wherever IB lands.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• The No. 1 most likely guy to be in the portal is the first guy in the portal.

Comment

• 357 as of 1:30 today…

Comment

• I particularly enjoyed the replies to Taylor's Tweet. He's reached elite status with the Bot responses.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    Year # of Notes:
                    2019 956
                    2020 965
                    2021 1,652
                    2022 1,647
                    2023 1,716
                    2024 349 as of 1:30pm 01/18/2024
                    https://verbalcommits.com/

I think there will two significant happenings for 2025 to reduce the trend of the increasing transfers:

1. The Covid Eligibility Extra Year will end, therefore decreasing the opportunity to transfer.
                    2. There will some type(s) of NCAA Legislation changes on transfers, that will pass judicial review.
                    Most people can't read your posts if you set the font black.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Thank you for pointing out the obvious...

And here I thought you did that.

1ymvbd.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                        The No. 1 most likely guy to be in the portal is the first guy in the portal.
                        Really didn’t mean to sound demeaning there - if I did. I loved that Isaac gave PM a try. Early in the year I thought he was going to be a main rotation guy.

Wish him the best.

Comment

• I'd take Jordan Ivy-Curry to run the point next year.

I'm sure Brandon Garrison will have some good offers. But I'd love for him to stay close to home and just come here.

That gets us an experienced PG and a young big. Team just improved.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Worth looking into

Jacob Crews 6'8" PF - UT Martin - Averaged 19 and 8 on a 20 win team. Also shot over 40% from deep making 89.

Michael Ajayi 6'7" SG - Pepperdine - Averaged 17 and 10 on a bad team. Shot 47% with 39 makes from deep.

Ja'Kobi Gillespie 6'1" CG - Belmont - Averaged 17, 4 and 4 on a 20 win team. Shot 56% from field and 38% from deep.

Malik Dia 6'9" PF - Belmont - Averaged 17 and 6. Also shot 34% from deep with 44 makes.

Probably some good competition for these guys. But I'd take any of them.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Here is a possible long shot - PG Josh Dilling 46% from deep, 18.7 ppg, 4.3 assists..........could he handle preasure? We struck gold with a D3 player once.
                              Last edited by asiseeit; March 18, 2024, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• 436 as of 6:30

Comment

Working...
                                X