Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It was so clean.
    Looked like Ballard got him with the body, but without another angle, that's only a guess

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
      Game was lost in the first 20 seconds of overtime. Let FAU have a breakaway layup on the tip, then Bell makes a dumb turnover, then we don't score and they do. Game over. That said, make a free throw and there is no overtime .
      You’re correct, it’s really that simple. I’d have to see the replay, but the overtime tip appeared to be a half-ass effort on our part; whoever it was, simply got out muscled and hustled. Then Bell telegraphs an atomic bomb and everyone in Shockerland knew it was over.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Another whistle not being mentioned is the jump ball call right near the end. FAU player barely got his hand on the ball and we had obvious possession. Quick whistle on that one gave FAU the ball at a crucial moment.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
          Another whistle not being mentioned is the jump ball call right near the end. FAU player barely got his hand on the ball and we had obvious possession. Quick whistle on that one gave FAU the ball at a crucial moment.
          a lot of the jump balls seemed questionable

Comment

• The overtime was proof enough in the difference of the quality of players. I think the announcers were spot on this game honestly, particularly about their chat with Mills about how we can compete, but we don’t have that winning DNA. Mills saying that is obviously not great, but you DO notice the difference in the WANT to win between our players and other teams.

For this game, I’ll give Mills credit. It should’ve been a win, despite the tough officiating. He put the guys where they needed to be to win it. They just couldn’t make a FT, or even play with their heads out of their asses in OT.

It was a good game and a fun watch. No reason to be mad because it wouldn’t have made any difference for us. Let’s just hope that Mills culls this team nice and good, and finds players with the right DNA

Comment

• The FAU coach was verbally beating on the refs skillfully like a base drum often. Our D. Allowed them so many wide open easy shots. They finally missed a few which opened up opportunities to seize this needed win. Number 50 for them inside pulverized us with inside makes.. There are no excuses offered for our lackluster Ot performance.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Had someone brought a Ukrainian flag to the game, I don’t think Golden would’ve been so effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Looked like Ballard got him with the body, but without another angle, that's only a guess
                  Video replay was really good. Clean as the driven snow.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                    Another whistle not being mentioned is the jump ball call right near the end. FAU player barely got his hand on the ball and we had obvious possession. Quick whistle on that one gave FAU the ball at a crucial moment.
                    Yeah I was about 10 ft away and started barking at the ref about that one with some pretty salty language, until my wife told me to sit down because I was blocking the TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Video replay was really good. Clean as the driven snow.
                      post that clip, please

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

post that clip, please
                        No can do senior. Watchin the Superbowl. Tomorrow maybe.

Comment

• Some stats that hurt. We had 9 assists and 17 turnovers. FSU had 21 assist and 9 turnovers.

Throws for us was 12 for 16, they were 20-22.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• 1. Very proud of our team tonight. Fought hard, didn't back down. Represented themselves and their program very well imho.
                            2. If you had tickets and chose not to attend, I feel sorry for you. That was a quality basketball game and a very good environment.
                            3. That's a really good team. Very few weaknesses and every guy they put on the court is a threat.
                            4. Goldin is better than I thought he was, and I thought he was pretty good. Do not care for the antics though.
                            5. Like that team and hope they go far in the dance. Well coached, fun to watch and play hard.
                            6. I didn't pay a ton of attention to their fans behind the bench but I thought they were good. The kids a couple of sections from me however, did not make a good accounting for themselves.
                            7. If you tell me early this morning Kenny has a really good look at a 20 footer for the win, I take it 100 times out of 100.
                            8. Ummm....in bounds plays need some attention.
                            9. That being said, I thought we were well prepared and executed a game plan that could beat a top 20 team. That's no joke fellas. This isn't ****ing Drake coming in here and handing us our lunch. These guys are for real and our guys battled them all day and were 1 tiny break from getting the dub.
                            10. I know some here aren't fans, but I would appreciate a lid on the X bashing for awhile. Dude willed us to the end & he's WEARING playing for his hometown.
                            11. And he had to because they were in Colby's shorts all game. He was SO good it's not funny.
                            12. Kenny has improved.
                            13. I will support and cheer that effort ALL season long, no matter the results.
                            14. One team is used to winning, the other is not. That's the way sports goes sometimes.
                            15. To beat a team as good as FAU, you probably need something like Kenny making 3s.
                            16. How does their backup sophomore post just come in and say "yeah, I'm stroking 3s like it's Sunday morning, cold."
                            17. Our gym, half full, is so good that we rattled a F4 team twice, they got sped up and stupid 2 different times late and it almost cost them the game. Probably SHOULD have cost them the game.
                            18. Man, couple of really tough calls at home. Refs were rattled on that shot clock violation. Couldn't hear a thing, I believe they thought "the other guy" had the call, and they screwed up. That scrum the next possession (I THINK it was the next possession) was also a whistle swallowing moment. It was a little big for those 3, again, imho.
                            19. The absolute MORONS screaming UAB when we're down 12 in OT...I'm begging you PLEASE NEVER ATTEND ANOTHER WSU GAME. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME BACK.
                            20. For the band skilled here, was it just me, or did the band seem a bit off today? Perhaps I'm just spoiled because they've been spectacular all season.
                            21. I'll say it again, the spirit squad is 100% killing it this season. You all are doing a fantastic job. The alumni spirit squad was on point too, in more than 1 way.
                            22. I know people want more fire from HCPM but he was engaged, and fired up, it's just measured. And yeah, he needs to successfully work the refs more.
                            23. I do like the young men in our program. They are polite and friendly and seem to represent everyone well. I hope they can have some success as the season winds down.
                            24. I said it before the season, ball handling (or lack there of) was going to be a bugaboo that we couldn't fix. I wasn't wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

You’re correct, it’s really that simple. I’d have to see the replay, but the overtime tip appeared to be a half-ass effort on our part; whoever it was, simply got out muscled and hustled. Then Bell telegraphs an atomic bomb and everyone in Shockerland knew it was over.
                              Bullseye. We were gassed going into overtime and it was likely going to take a minor miracle to get the win. We staggered into the corner and tried to cover up after the tip debacle, then were floored on the atomic bomb. Should have stayed down. We got up, continued to absorb the beating and never punched back. Toast after 20 seconds. But we gave it everything for 40 minutes.

Comment

• I will say screaming at the tube didn't help my covid/strep/whatever recovery. Thought I was over my sore throat, but not anymore lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X