FAU (18-5, 8--2) at WSU (10-13, 2-8) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Goldin was also way stronger than any of our dudes. Any up for grab balls up high he wrestled them away
    Perhaps…but he also pushed off a ton.

Comment

• 21 points in a 5-minute OT is scoring at a pace to put up 84 - in a half!
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

Perhaps…but he also pushed off a ton.
        He has long arms and gets away with flailing them around and throwing elbows because he throws his head back when he elbows someone else

Comment

• This team just isn't fun to watch. They're predictable on offense (if you wanna call it an offense). They don't play strong D. They don't rebound. They just aren't really good at anything. I knew we had a shot today because FAU isn't a top 25 team and they're just getting feel-goodies off of last year.

But Christ, the guards all need to be eradicated next year.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I wish the Shockers would set screens like Goldin. Very effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He has long arms and gets away with flailing them around and throwing elbows because he throws his head back when he elbows someone else
              Hence my point. He knows how to “draw” fouls, we don’t.

But he’s still a hack.

Comment

• One positive side to the game.. the "fan favorite" cheerleading coach did ... Very well in uniform for alumni cheer Day
                ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  This team just isn't fun to watch. They're predictable on offense (if you wanna call it an offense). They don't play strong D. They don't rebound. They just aren't really good at anything. I knew we had a shot today because FAU isn't a top 25 team and they're just getting feel-goodies off of last year.

But Christ, the guards all need to be eradicated next year.
                  I agree with all of this except for I thought the offense was pretty good today. Anytime you shoot over 50% is outstanding

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

I agree with all of this except for I thought the office was pretty good today. Anytime you shoot over 50% is outstanding
                    17 TOs is the problem.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      One positive side to the game.. the "fan favorite" cheerleading coach did ... Very well in uniform for alumni cheer Day
                      ​​​
                      Dern, and I had to miss todays game.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'm bummed because I figured if Bryant and Florida Gulf Coast could beat this team surely we could, in Wichita...

Comment

• The phantom call on Ballard's clean block may affect him the rest of the year. That was devastating.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Just a few thoughts.

Mills had multiple opportunities to engage with the refs after questionable calls and didn't up until the shot clock violation miss.
                            The 5 second call on the inbounds pass in the 2nd half was embarrassing.
                            Bell had a couple of really dumb plays driving into the lane with nowhere to go.
                            Rogers had a nice game but the missed layup towards the end hurt.
                            Ballard needs more touches but the guards aren't capable of getting him the ball.
                            The FAU players were physically stronger.
                            Too many easy ones given up early in the 2nd half.
                            This was a winnable game but we aren't a disciplined, well coached team and it shows.

​​
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• FAU fouls almost every time down the floor. I was watching off ball and they grab and hold constantly. The refs were terrible. Everyone in Koch arena knew that was a shot clock violation but the refs didn't? Someone is getting paid.
                              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Stories from the box score:

FAU goes 20-22 from FT, we go 12-16, including one that coulda won the game.
                                17 TOs to 9 for FAU. Our 3 guards had 13 (Bell, Beverly and Rogers)
                                FAU 21 assists, to 9 for WSU

These stats separate good teams from mediocre/poor teams

Comment

Working...
                                X