Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The difference is Few has had great success and won big for years. Mills has not. I also stated as much in my post. You want an engaged fan base while losing? You need some passion in the game. Something for them to feed on. If you're not winning, and you show no passion, it's going to make it all much harder on fans.

Mills is no Few when it comes to product and results. Few also had an advantage in taking over the program when it was already on its way up and was coming off of a tournament win. He just kept building on that.

As much as I sometimes crap on Turgeon for various things, he never lacked that fire and passion on the sidelines when he was here. Fans fed off of that when we were struggling. The same for 3G. You never doubted his fire and desire to win and make this program into what it could be. He also did a better job off the court than any coach I can recall in Wichita about stoking that passion for the program.

Mills absolutely has to win to get the fan base truly engaged again, because he's shown no other avenue to get it back while he's working on fixing the on court product. Few never had to worry about that. So for Mills, he absolutely has to start winning to get fans back on a larger scale because there's been nothing truly inspiring over the last year about him or the program.
    Yep, Like Lombardi said Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. All the rest really doesn't matter as long as HCPM turns us back into winners.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Am I the only one who doesn’t care at all, I just want wins
      I couldn’t care less. I don’t need a WWE scripted match with a coach pumping up the crowd.

Comment

• Can't imagine buying a ticket to a game and being concerned with how much the coach is on the sideline yelling or being theatrical.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Wow! That came out of nowhere. Quote something around a week old and when it's quoted
          I'm not like some you and have time to spend 24 hours a day monitoring shockernet. Somebody has to actually work and pay for your social security or disability.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I'm not like some you and have time to spend 24 hours a day monitoring shockernet. Somebody has to actually work and pay for your social security or disability.
              Lunch break, huh.

Also, I didn't take social security until I had to. So, I know I worked and paid for mine.

negative.jpg

Comment

• I didn’t think IB was the long term solution, but keeping him another year made some financial sense when the Athletic Department was paying old debts. Apparently, either Saal felt like he wasn’t throwing good money after bad or a booster stepped up. Either way, I was surprised when it happened after last season.

Comment

• Keeping IB another year would definitely have been a lose lose situation. If you think this year under Mills was bad, it would have been worse under IB and not to mention the compounding apathy that would have happened with the fan base. Even more so than this past year with PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    Keeping IB another year would definitely have been a lose lose situation. If you think this year under Mills was bad, it would have been worse under IB and not to mention the compounding apathy that would have happened with the fan base. Even more so than this past year with PM.
                    What an unabashedly ignorant statement. You just witnessed a season unlike any season over the 25 (maybe more?) years of Shocker hoops in terms of effort and 'want to.' That is unless you think GGG's first squad was lazy and didn't block out, which you might imply.

For sure, IB's post is a good player to build around for HCPM and now that the AAC is basically the CUSA East/West Division's it shouldn't be too much to ask for a top 4 finish even without the all-time 3 point shooter in school history who was also an HCIB recruit. Still hoping he returns because if he does top 4 would be the realistic expectation...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

What an unabashedly ignorant statement. You just witnessed a season unlike any season over the 25 (maybe more?) years of Shocker hoops in terms of effort and 'want to.' That is unless you think GGG's first squad was lazy and didn't block out, which you might imply.

For sure, IB's post is a good player to build around for HCPM and now that the AAC is basically the CUSA East/West Division's it shouldn't be too much to ask for a top 4 finish even without the all-time 3 point shooter in school history who was also an HCIB recruit. Still hoping he returns because if he does top 4 would be the realistic expectation...
                      lol
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I’ll leave the insults to you.

There is no question that IB’s last two teams were the most lazy and unorganized teams in at least the last 25 years of Shocker basketball. That cannot be honestly denied. You can say a lot about a lack of talent on last years team but the effort was there most of the time. And you could tell they were at least being coached and were organized. IB was straight up street ball comparatively.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol
                          Some just don’t know ball.

Comment

I’ll leave the insults to you.

There is no question that IB’s last two teams were the most lazy and unorganized teams in at least the last 25 years of Shocker basketball. That cannot be honestly denied. You can say a lot about a lack of talent on last years team but the effort was there most of the time. And you could tell they were at least being coached and were organized. IB was straight up street ball comparatively.
                            I don’t think I have ever felt as disheartened, upset, angry, sad, just straight awful as leaving the loss at IBA vs Oklahoma State where we barely managed 40 points. Sometimes I wonder if we should’ve kept him another year but then I think of that.
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

There is no question that IB’s last two teams were the most lazy and unorganized teams in at least the last 25 years of Shocker basketball. That cannot be honestly denied.
                              I agree
                              You can say a lot about a lack of talent on last years team but the effort was there most of the time. And you could tell they were at least being coached and were organized.
                              I disagree.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You can say a lot about a lack of talent on last years team but the effort was there most of the time. And you could tell they were at least being coached and were organized. IB was straight up street ball comparatively.
                                You are not a serious person.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X