Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    If Scott Drew takes the UK job does Baylor take a look at Mills?
    I think Tang would be looked at well before Mills.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I think Tang would be looked at well before Mills.
      I think Tang and McCasland would be the first couple of calls.

Even Bryce Drew would probably get a call before Mills.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Mills is not on their radar. He barely was considered a "coach" while there. Wasn't even recognized as an assistant coach on their site his last few years there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Mills is not on their radar. He barely was considered a "coach" while there. Wasn't even recognized as an assistant coach on their site his last few years there.
          Don’t think he’s headed to Baylor nor do I think they want him - but this is nonsense lol.

He was a full time assistant. Read his bio on the Baylor site..

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Don’t think he’s headed to Baylor nor do I think they want him - but this is nonsense lol.

He was a full time assistant. Read his bio on the Baylor site..
            Not saying he was not a full time assistant. I'm not going back to look through the years he was there, but what I am saying is that his picture as one of the assistant coaches was actually shown on the Baylor site only one time during his tenure there and then, that was even a few years before he left. One of those years he was an "assistant" coach his picture was NOT shown, but THREE other assistant coaches' pictures were shown. Those 3 did not even count the Head Assistant who pic was also shown.

Comment

You serious Clark?

Comment

Seriously doubt it

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Not saying he was not a full time assistant. I'm not going back to look through the years he was there, but what I am saying is that his picture as one of the assistant coaches was actually shown on the Baylor site only one time during his tenure there and then, that was even a few years before he left. One of those years he was an "assistant" coach his picture was NOT shown, but THREE other assistant coaches' pictures were shown. Those 3 did not even count the Head Assistant who pic was also shown.
                  Going back to previous years shows this year’s coaches on the random seasons I clicked. I didn’t click on every one. Maybe you’re talking about the team photos? I couldn’t find those but I didn’t look too hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

You serious Clark?
                    I think it’s a reasonable question. He spent 15 years there and surely made some connections in that time. Is Baylor really that much better of a job than K-State? (Not rhetorical, I really don’t know the answer). A Baylor assistant was good enough for K-State. Mills is a Baylor assistant plus “success” at Oral Roberts.

Comment

Going back to previous years shows this year’s coaches on the random seasons I clicked. I didn’t click on every one. Maybe you’re talking about the team photos? I couldn’t find those but I didn’t look too hard.
                      No, not the team photos. It is the roster page where it shows each of the individual players. That page has a link near the top of that page to click to see the coaches. When I checked it last fall/early winter that link was available back to 2012-13. I see that it has been updated and now they do not have that link until the 2014-15 season. If you clink that link for 2014-15, 2015-16, and 2016-17 (the last year Mills was at Baylor) it does show his pic for the 2014-15 season just as it did when I checked last year. However, if you click the link for the roster years of 2015-16 and 2016-17, the last season Mills was at Baylor, he is NOT shown with the other coaches those 2 years, even though he was an assistant coach. When I checked this out last year, they still had a link for coaches in 2013-14 and 2012-13 which his picture also was not shown with the individual coaching staff pics. His picture was ONLY shown for one season out of the five then. Now the link is only shown for 3 of the years that Mills was there, but his pic only once and not the following two years that he was an assistant.

My point being, whether it was the 5-year period or 3-year period, his pic was shown only once with the other assistant coaches. I took that to mean, he was not as high on the totem pole as the other assistants, even in his last 2 years there.

Comment

I think it’s a reasonable question. He spent 15 years there and surely made some connections in that time. Is Baylor really that much better of a job than K-State? (Not rhetorical, I really don’t know the answer). A Baylor assistant was good enough for K-State. Mills is a Baylor assistant plus “success” at Oral Roberts.
                        We'll have to disagree on this. Yes Baylor is a step up from kstate. They recruit on an entirely different level and have a recent natty to show for it. Mills has done nothing to warrant consideration for that job if it came open.

Comment

We'll have to disagree on this. Yes Baylor is a step up from kstate. They recruit on an entirely different level and have a recent natty to show for it. Mills has done nothing to warrant consideration for that job if it came open.
                          When you say Baylor though you really just mean Scott Drew.

Comment

When you say Baylor though you really just mean Scott Drew.
                            Yeah they're not going from him to Mills.

Comment

Yeah they're not going from him to Mills.
                              I don’t disagree but what exactly is the disqualifier? Was it this season? Do you think Baylor would go from Drew to Tang? What about had Tang not left for K-State? What if Mills went 35-5 at Oral Roberts this year with a Sweet 16? If he’d never left for Oral Roberts in the first place?

It seems like schools have a tendency to keep it in the same coaching tree when they’re replacing a long-tenured, great head coach. (UConn, Duke, Villanova, Wisconsin, Syracuse, UNC). I realize it’s a bit different when a coach is retiring vs taking a new job but it’s not often a P5 coach of 20+ years takes another P5 job. I don’t even think Drew takes this UK job but I like considering the hypotheticals.

Comment

I don’t disagree but what exactly is the disqualifier? Was it this season? Do you think Baylor would go from Drew to Tang? What about had Tang not left for K-State? What if Mills went 35-5 at Oral Roberts this year with a Sweet 16? If he’d never left for Oral Roberts in the first place?

It seems like schools have a tendency to keep it in the same coaching tree when they’re replacing a long-tenured, great head coach. (UConn, Duke, Villanova, Wisconsin, Syracuse, UNC). I realize it’s a bit different when a coach is retiring vs taking a new job but it’s not often a P5 coach of 20+ years takes another P5 job. I don’t even think Drew takes this UK job but I like considering the hypotheticals.
                                They might take a look at Tang. After this season there are more questions than answers on Mills. I mean could you imagine Baylor fans reactions to Mills coming off this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X