Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
    it was the best of times, now it’s the worst of times.

without a boatload of cash, wichita state and 90% of college sports are in the chitter. personally i’m not interested in the arms race. my future monies are going to academics.

sad sad times. the ncaa has gone to hell
    You and I...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Wait, he was? How did I miss this?
      Probably because it not true. If Marshall was a finalist anywhere, there would be a media explosion.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Probably because it not true. If Marshall was a finalist anywhere, there would be a media explosion.
        Finalist may be the wrong word - He attended 5 or 6 Coastal games this year and was pretty well liked amongst their money people, along with being friends with their AD. President wanted a diversity hire, you can Google and see who won.

Feel shitty for him getting screwed by the wokes again and I doubt he ever even tries again now.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Finalist may be the wrong word - He attended 5 or 6 Coastal games this year and was pretty well liked amongst their money people, along with being friends with their AD. President wanted a diversity hire, you can Google and see who won.

Feel shitty for him getting screwed by the wokes again and I doubt he ever even tries again now.
          That's an entirely different 180 scenario from finalist claim

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

That's an entirely different 180 scenario from finalist claim
            I mean, he was very much in contention for the job until the end of the process along with the interim, Kotie Kimble, and Justin Gray (who got hired). For a while it looked like he might even be the favorite, and I think if the AD had full control of it he would've been the pick. Not just Twitter information
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I mean, he was very much in contention for the job until the end of the process along with the interim, Kotie Kimble, and Justin Gray (who got hired). For a while it looked like he might even be the favorite, and I think if the AD had full control of it he would've been the pick. Not just Twitter information
              There were rumors about GM being in contention for the Coastal job even before Cliff Ellis retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

How do you know HCGM hasn't been contacted by no less than 5 national sportswriters in an attempt to write a big piece on him... after.

He's handcuffed.

And every school in the country knows that they have to START at $1.3M + about $700k, to even get Gregg to pick up the phone. THEN, it's gotta be a school where he thinks he can make a splash while being allowed to coach in his signature hard-ass style. Good luck finding that in this pussified world.

Gregg Marshall was a winner before we hired him and he's a winner after he was "retired". He's legit alpha and *edit* Pxxx (Wichita State's current head coach) would be carrying his golf bag. I shouldn't even be saying their names in the same sentence. Hold on, I'll fix that.
                I'm not talking about any retrospective interview piece. I'm talking about the pontification piece. The "who might XYZ school go after as a new head coach" piece.

Linking a name like "Gregg Marshall" to any head coach opening would lead to a ton of page clicks because Marshall's name is so controversial.

And yet no journalist has done it.

Why? Because Marshall's name is just that trash.

And that's not just "Lawrence/NE Ks./ Missouri Prejudice" as zero-comprehension shockernet posters would have you believe. That's the national perception when a coach is accused of physically abusing his players. Nobody is touching that.

Don't believe me? Go to any public, world-wide internet forum covering general college basketball and search for Marshall's name.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

I'm not talking about any retrospective interview piece. I'm talking about the pontification piece. The "who might XYZ school go after as a new head coach" piece.

Linking a name like "Gregg Marshall" to any head coach opening would lead to a ton of page clicks because Marshall's name is so controversial.

And yet no journalist has done it.

Why? Because Marshall's name is just that trash.

And that's not just "Lawrence/NE Ks./ Missouri Prejudice" as zero-comprehension shockernet posters would have you believe. That's the national perception when a coach is accused of physically abusing his players. Nobody is touching that.

Don't believe me? Go to any public, world-wide internet forum covering general college basketball and search for Marshall's name.
                  Let's keep "physically abusing players" in quotes shall we?

Firstly, all coaching searches happen initially behind VERY closed doors. His agency has been approached.

Secondly, Marshall's rep, outside of any claims of AbUZeR, was long ago adjudicated as non-team player. People know what they are getting with him. Alabama knew.

I personally think what hurt him the most with future opportunities was his slacking off a bit towards the end of his career here. My (in)famous thread about Marshall losing his edge was spot on and timely. What I don't know is whether or not he was just getting fat and happy, or we were witnessing his inability to "change with the times". Play Angry was absent. 10 couldn't adapt well either.

Comment

• Dear sweet baby Jesus, make it stop.

Comment

Let's keep "physically abusing players" in quotes shall we?

Firstly, all coaching searches happen initially behind VERY closed doors. His agency has been approached.

Secondly, Marshall's rep, outside of any claims of AbUZeR, was long ago adjudicated as non-team player. People know what they are getting with him. Alabama knew.

I personally think what hurt him the most with future opportunities was his slacking off a bit towards the end of his career here. My (in)famous thread about Marshall losing his edge was spot on and timely. What I don't know is whether or not he was just getting fat and happy, or we were witnessing his inability to "change with the times". Play Angry was absent. 10 couldn't adapt well either.
                      I think Marshall did change in his last 3 years. He seemed less aggressive about expressing his displeasure with mistakes. The big incidents with Morris and Lindstedt happened before WSU joined the AAC. After Goodman’s story came out, I thing ADDB, among his many mistakes, should have said that the university had dealt with issues about Marshall’s behavior, but that it was a personnel matter and the University does not discuss personnel matters publicly. I think that explains the contract settlement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post

I think Marshall did change in his last 3 years. He seemed less aggressive about expressing his displeasure with mistakes. The big incidents with Morris and Lindstedt happened before WSU joined the AAC. After Goodman’s story came out, I thing ADDB, among his many mistakes, should have said that the university had dealt with issues about Marshall’s behavior, but that it was a personnel matter and the University does not discuss personnel matters publicly. I think that explains the contract settlement.
                        Yes.

And Darron DoucheRight should have stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Gregg Marshall all the way to the bottom of the sea. Had he done that, things might have worked out differently. But... the president might have just gotten rid of them both.

What if Marshall actually wanted to leave after seeing the settlement agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Dear sweet baby Jesus, make it stop.
                          Big fan of Paul are ya?

People continue to bring up Gregg Marshall because he made them the proudest of their university in like 40 years. It's not rocket surgery. Don't be obtuse.

Have you gotten all your vaccinations this year yet?
                          Last edited by Kung Wu; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Don’t know where to put this so I’ll put it here:

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Big fan of Paul are ya?

People continue to bring up Gregg Marshall because he made them the proudest of their university in like 40 years. It's not rocket surgery. Don't be obtuse.

Have you gotten all your vaccinations this year yet?
                              image.png

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                A lot of the ones that were gonna die, already did...

Comment

Working...
                                X