Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

WSU basketball is just a revolving door.
    Using Stick Up His Ass, analogy, why not just go get the Oakland Coach?
    At least he wins his first round NCAA tournament game.
    Calipari meanwhile is home in Lexington sipping bourbon.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Using Stick Up His Ass, analogy, why not just go get the Oakland Coach?
      The Oakland coach is at Oakland for a reason, let him stay at Oakland.

At least he wins his first round NCAA tournament game.
      Don't be a dumbass, Calipari career is hall-of-fame material.

24 NCAA appearances

1 National Champion
      3x Sweet 16
      6x Elite 8
      3x Final 4

57-22 record in the tournament.

If you wanted to light a fire under the fanbase and open the pocketbooks, I bet Calipari would be able to do it.

Calipari meanwhile is home in Lexington sipping bourbon.

That is all.
      If I was Calipari, I would take the 33 million and just enjoy the last 10 years he might have.

That is all - part deux

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
        Yes

And I hope the one and move on era loses its luster like Pop rocks.
        Wait. What? What's wrong with pop rocks? As a kid, we all wanted pop rocks!

Comment

The Oakland coach is at Oakland for a reason, let him stay at Oakland.

Don't be a dumbass, Calipari career is hall-of-fame material.

24 NCAA appearances

1 National Champion
          3x Sweet 16
          6x Elite 8
          3x Final 4

57-22 record in the tournament.

If you wanted to light a fire under the fanbase and open the pocketbooks, I bet Calipari would be able to do it.

If I was Calipari, I would take the 33 million and just enjoy the last 10 years he might have.

That is all - part deux
          SB,
          1) I know the Oakland coach, have worked one of his games. He, and his hair piece, are very comfortable in Detroit.
          2) Calipari would also bring the NCAA Enforcement crew to Wichita's doorstep. That's the last thing this school/program needs.
          Besides, Lexington has much better quality bourbon and its close by.
          Calipari MIGHT stay a year two, then outta Wichita at the first whim (or offer).
          3) Even if he came and got the program in the dance - and then get 'Oaklanded' again, the wolves in DooDah land would be screaming even louder.

And WSU would be back to square 1 again.

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Calipari has all the resources and history at Kentucky and brings in elite 5 star players. With all that he has won 1 game in the tournament in the last 5 years while being the higher ranked team in every game they played. I would pass.
            This is a good challenge. My two biggest concerns would be:
            1. his recent "underperformance"
            2. He's 65, so would we even get full effort
            on the first item, I'm sure if we looked at his last 10 years, 99% of shocker fans would love those results

Comment

• Calipari doesn’t have the advantage of cheating anymore

Comment

Two thoughts.
                priority #1- stand by your commitment

Calipari is a great recruiter, but I'd rather not cheer for a team full of one and dones.
                Every school has to operate on the philosophy of “one-and-done” is a sense now.

Might as well root and watch for the most talented of the bunch.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So the most important priority for the Shocker basketball program is to make sure we give Mills a full five years. So even if we are a Wednesday team for 5 years, it's priority 1 for WSU to make sure we honor that contract since our commitment to him was 5 years.

​​​​​​

So, after you can no longer provide your normal " Mills Sucks" data, because the season is over, you throw out this unrealistic scenario and ask for peoples opinions based on your scenario.

​​​You don't really care about what others thoughts are, it's just bait for you to promote your " Mills Sucks" rhetoric and find folks that disagree with you to argue with.

You really do need to get a life.

As for my response to your twisting my words.
                  I said nothing about a contract. While a contract contains commitments, like paying buyouts for early termination, all commitments are not necessarily in a contract.
                  I would assume a new coach generally gets some kind of a commitment from an AD that provides an opportunity to be successful. Or in other words, an AD would probably not say " we'll give you a chance but if someone comes along after one year that we like better, your gone".

Comment

Interesting.... I didn't hear you espousing that when:

WSU didn't stand by their commitment to Marshall
                    WSU didn't stand by their commitment to IB

Your just wrong. For one I thought it was criminal what they did to 3G. As for IB, read my response to stick. I said nothing about a contract.

Comment

So, after you can no longer provide your normal " Mills Sucks" data, because the season is over, you throw out this unrealistic scenario and ask for peoples opinions based on your scenario.

​​​You don't really care about what others thoughts are, it's just bait for you to promote your " Mills Sucks" rhetoric and find folks that disagree with you to argue with.

You really do need to get a life.

As for my response to your twisting my words.
                      I said nothing about a contract. While a contract contains commitments, like paying buyouts for early termination, all commitments are not necessarily in a contract.
                      I would assume a new coach generally gets some kind of a commitment from an AD that provides an opportunity to be successful. Or in other words, an AD would probably not say " we'll give you a chance but if someone comes along after one year that we like better, your gone".
                      It's not at all a bait. Your wording that honoring commitments is the top priority is just odd so I was digging deeper. So what do YOU think the commitment to Mills is. That goes back to my original question, if we felt we had a home run hire lined up (whether that's the case here is part of this scenario), how long would we have had to give Mills for you to feel like we honored our commitment?

IMO as long as we paid whatever buyout was in the contract, we honored our commitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Heck, I liked them as an old man.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Well, we all knew a kid that knew a kid that ate Pop Rocks and drank a Coke and his head exploded. Safety is the main reason we don’t eat them anymore.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Man I can’t wait for some actual recruiting/team news so we can pass our time on something that’s actually interesting instead of theoretical arguments lmao. All of you have way too much time

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                              Man I can’t wait for some actual recruiting/team news so we can pass our time on something that’s actually interesting instead of theoretical arguments lmao. All of you have way too much time
                              What makes you think we will get any of that info? Be ready for a LONNNNNGGGGG offseason lol
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                                Man I can’t wait for some actual recruiting/team news so we can pass our time on something that’s actually interesting instead of theoretical arguments lmao. All of you have way too much time
                                What could possibly be more interesting than Pop Rocks, Coke and an exploding heart???

Comment

Working...
                                X